Twelvesouth Book Book for iPhone 6

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
So I got my case today guys and I love it! This is such an awesomely designed case! The only bummer I've noticed is that my silicon case for the phone on the bottom left doesn't fully encapsulate the phone there's a gap that you see like the case is bent slightly. Should I email support and get another?

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

Hey swarlos !! If you feel the case is not attaching to the phone as it should I would definitely call TwelveSouth. If you can take a couple of pics of what the problem is in case they ask you to see what the issue is exactly. I've spoken with TwelveSouth's customer support in the past and they really are excellent with any issue or problem you may have. Here is the number
1-800-858-1276.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Hey swarlos !! If you feel the case is not attaching to the phone as it should I would definitely call TwelveSouth. If you can take a couple of pics of what the problem is in case they ask you to see what the issue is exactly. I've spoken with TwelveSouth's customer support in the past and they really are excellent with any issue or problem you may have. Here is the number
1-800-858-1276.

Thanks Pink! Yeah it's not huge but just one of those little things you notice and are like ahh schucks LOL.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Hey swarlos just curious....how'd things go for your call to TwelveSouth cust serv?

I didn't call in yet. I put my coworkers phone in the case and didn't notice the issue wasn't as glaring. So I'm thinking it might be mine cause I dropped it and there's a little scuff on the bottom right corner of my phone and it feels like there's a little indent too so maybe that's the cause. I'll still call though and let you know how it goes.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I have been looking at both the Bookbook and Tech 21. Could you give a few pros and cons of both?

The Tech 21 is the best traditional style case in my opinion. It feels slim and I like the protection it provides. It also looks good. But it has a different look to it with the Orange band that goes around it. And I feel very confident that it will protect my phone when it is dropped. I only looked into the BookBook case because I wanted to try a wallet style case. The BookBook is awesome. Im just not used to it. It's kind of weird to have your credit cards and money always exposed when you are using your phone. But I haven't had any issues with it. I'm not sure if I'm going to go back to the BookBook or not. I may try it again for a few days to see if it grows on me. One other thing about the BookBook that I like is that you can use it as a stand. But I don't like that it isn't that easy to get the shell off from the wallet case.

cyberpaw

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks very much for your review.

I actually don't mind the orange on the Tech 21. As for the Bookbook, I was concerned about the ease of sliding the inside case in and out. I've seen a few videos and it seems like it is a bit tricky to use. i really could use the stand feature at work.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Thanks very much for your review.

I actually don't mind the orange on the Tech 21. As for the Bookbook, I was concerned about the ease of sliding the inside case in and out. I've seen a few videos and it seems like it is a bit tricky to use. i really could use the stand feature at work.

Yeah, the stand feature is cool. It is also one of those cases that gets a lot of looks. Just in the day that I have had it, I have had a lot of people ask about it. And one of the protective things I like about the BookBook case is when you set it in the table. I am funny about people sitting their drinks next to my phone. But that isn't a worry when I have it in the BookBook. It's a weird thing I know. But I like it.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
The Tech 21 is the best traditional style case in my opinion. It feels slim and I like the protection it provides. It also looks good. But it has a different look to it with the Orange band that goes around it. And I feel very confident that it will protect my phone when it is dropped. I only looked into the BookBook case because I wanted to try a wallet style case. The BookBook is awesome. Im just not used to it. It's kind of weird to have your credit cards and money always exposed when you are using your phone. But I haven't had any issues with it. I'm not sure if I'm going to go back to the BookBook or not. I may try it again for a few days to see if it grows on me. One other thing about the BookBook that I like is that you can use it as a stand. But I don't like that it isn't that easy to get the shell off from the wallet case.

Yeah that's probably my least favorite part of the BookBook is how hard it is to get the case out of the wallet part. But thankfully I don't see myself taking it out too often if I do decide to keep the case.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Yeah that's probably my least favorite part of the BookBook is how hard it is to get the case out of the wallet part. But thankfully I don't see myself taking it out too often if I do decide to keep the case.

I've gotta say, since my first BookBook for my 4S, it was a "slide the phone in" design with a tab on top of the phone that tucked in. Then the one I have for the 5S now is a snap in style. Both are easy removal if you want your phone naked or to put another case on. My favorite design was the one for the 4S.

With that being said, I can honestly say I have mixed feelings about the bookbook for the 6 with the case that stays on the phone, but can be removed in/out of the actual wallet part. Idk how'd Id feel about it either ! Lol

tapped out by my P!NK fingers from my iPad Air

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I've gotta say, since my first BookBook for my 4S, it was a "slide the phone in" design with a tab on top of the phone that tucked in. Then the one I have for the 5S now is a snap in style. Both are easy removal if you want your phone naked or to put another case on. My favorite design was the one for the 4S.

With that being said, I can honestly say I have mixed feelings about the bookbook for the 6 with the case that stays on the phone, but can be removed in/out of the actual wallet part. Idk how'd Id feel about it either ! Lol

What about it makes you apprehensive?

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
What about it makes you apprehensive?

Not much really, and I don't have the 6 to even compare it with the BookBook I have now for my 5S.

I think the removable case is a good idea but over time taking the phone out/in may wear out how ever it gets attached to the leather wallet part itself. That's what I'd be worried about in the long run.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Not much really, and I don't have the 6 to even compare it with the BookBook I have now for my 5S.

I think the removable case is a good idea but over time taking the phone out/in may wear out how ever it gets attached to the leather wallet part itself. That's what I'd be worried about in the long run.

To be honest, it doesn't feel like it would just because of the material it is made of. But only time will tell. But it seems to be a tight fit. I'm going to keep using it for the rest of the weekend and see if it grows on me though. I have to admit, it is really cool and I like the improvements that were made. And it is nice to on my have to carry it around as opposed to my phone and a separate wallet.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro