New Mophie

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for sharing, man. I've been going back and forth with cases (can't really settle on anything that I really like or they keep breaking). Was thinking about just biting the bullet and getting a Lifeproof but switching between that and a Mophie would be a little cumbersome. This might be a nice compromise!

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Most definitely. I have a few smaller ones but nice to have the big guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I've got a 12,000mAh portable battery from Tecknet via Amazon. It was only ?15 inc delivery and is fantastic! I'm not being funny but what is the benefit of. ?70-120 Mophie version? Doesn't do anything different! and it's just a battery so not like I'm getting a better quality electricity! Mine has two USB ports for dual charging also! Works with my iphone 6 and iPad mini and every cable I have.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I've got a 12,000mAh portable battery from Tecknet via Amazon. It was only ?15 inc delivery and is fantastic! I'm not being funny but what is the benefit of. ?70-120 Mophie version? Doesn't do anything different! and it's just a battery so not like I'm getting a better quality electricity! Mine has two USB ports for dual charging also! Works with my iphone 6 and iPad mini and every cable I have.

The Mophie case does give you the extra battery life in a small(er) package - no muss, no fuss having to muck around with a charging brick and cables etc. Just put the phone in the Mophie case, and Bob's your uncle.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
The Mophie case does give you the extra battery life in a small(er) package - no muss, no fuss having to muck around with a charging brick and cables etc. Just put the phone in the Mophie case, and Bob's your uncle.

Oh wait I thought that the photo was of the Mophie Portable Battery? That's what it looks like anyways, doesn't look like a battery case hence my comparison with a more generic brand.

I totally get the benefits of a battery case, I had a mophie case for my iphone 4 back in the day and loved using it on airplanes to watch films and listen to music and still get off the plane with a full battery! Although I really wish they would implement the same charger cable as the device. I hated having to bring a micro USB cable to charge the case along with an iphone cable for times when I didn't want a big clunky case on

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Oh wait I thought that the photo was of the Mophie Portable Battery? That's what it looks like anyways, doesn't look like a battery case hence my comparison with a more generic brand.

I totally get the benefits of a battery case, I had a mophie case for my iphone 4 back in the day and loved using it on airplanes to watch films and listen to music and still get off the plane with a full battery! Although I really wish they would implement the same charger cable as the device. I hated having to bring a micro USB cable to charge the case along with an iphone cable for times when I didn't want a big clunky case on

That photo was, but the context of the conversation as I understood it was that the portable battery was all that Mophie has (at this point) for the iPhone 6/Plus.

Good point re: the charger cable. I fought that battle with Mophie and my iPhone 5S. I solved it with the micro-USB to lightning adapter.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I really like Mophie charging cases as well...charging on the go makes life very convenient. I got a gold Mophie Air a few weeks ago, and on Tuesday I just bought a purple Mophie helium because it's supposed to be lighter-weight wise....supposed to be, but between the 2, I honestly don't feel the difference when I put them on my gold 5S. I was going to return the purple one but I decided to keep it for now because I like the color contrast on my gold 5S.....if I don't feel the same way after the weekend passes, I'll just return it.

Last edited:

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I really like Mophie charging cases as well...charging on the go makes life very convenient. I got a gold Mophie Air a few weeks ago, and on Tuesday I just bought a purple Mophie helium because it's supposed to be lighter....supposed to be, but between the 2, I honestly don't feel the difference when I put them on my gold 5S. I was going to return the purple one but I decided to keep it for now because I like the color contrast on my gold 5S.....if I don't feel the same way after the weekend passes, I'll just return it.

Pink,
I have the Helium on iPhone 5S.
For me it's great, however, it is suppose to give you about 80% of your battery life.
My experience from the day I bought it, it gives me 60%, Regardless, I love it.
As I've stated in other threads about the Mophie, I use it by starting day with it on.
Then, if and when it runs out, the iPhone battery takes over. I give is a rest on Sundays.
That way, I'm saving my iPhone battery.
I'm not a heavy user of the battery, but I got the Mophie for free.

Good Luck

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Pink,
I have the Helium on iPhone 5S.
For me it's great, however, it is suppose to give you about 80% of your battery life.
My experience from the day I bought it, it gives me 60%, Regardless, I love it.
As I've stated in other threads about the Mophie, I use it by starting day with it on.
Then, if and when it runs out, the iPhone battery takes over. I give is a rest on Sundays.
That way, I'm saving my iPhone battery.
I'm not a heavy user of the battery, but I got the Mophie for free.

Good Luck

Thanks TT. I've never "adventured" into using the Mophie in the way you stated. I may give it a shot one of these days, but my problem is I hate having a case on my phone anymore lol....so in the morning I may start off and put one of the 4 I have on my phone but within an hour or so it's off.

I'm also not a heavy user on battery. I can actually go 1-1/2 to 2 days between charges.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro