Evening all!

After owning entirely too many cases for my iPhone 5/5S, I'm limiting myself to 3 cases this time around. I'd like something thin (possible an Apple Silicone case - the open bottom makes me nervous), something that offers medium protection (have a CandyShell Grip which I love) and something heavy duty (maybe an Otterbox Defender or a Speck MightyShell - heard back things about quality control on the defender, still waiting on the MightyShell reviews).

The problem I've been running into is that all of the cases I've looked at are so slick. I have a thin Tech 21 Clear Check case that's hard/awkward to hold because it slides in my hand (I like the style, thinking about switching it for the Tactical Shell, not sure if that will be any better, or just returning it). I looked at an Otterbox Commuter and Incipio DualPro and I thought they were both slippery/hard to handle. Just wanted to know if anyone else experienced this or I just have exceptionally sweaty/slippery hands.

Thanks!
    10-06-2014 09:35 PM
    Many do feel slippery. I stick to Otterbox or gel cases that offer some grippiness. Just bought a Spigen that *STILL* hasn't arrived (ordered on 9/19!) so I'll see how that does.
    10-07-2014 09:07 AM
    Many do feel slippery. I stick to Otterbox or gel cases that offer some grippiness. Just bought a Spigen that *STILL* hasn't arrived (ordered on 9/19!) so I'll see how that does.
    Which Spigen did you order? I've had one in the past and the new ones look nice. I've heard the Slim Armor is pretty slick as well.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    10-07-2014 06:22 PM
    Which Spigen did you order? I've had one in the past and the new ones look nice. I've heard the Slim Armor is pretty slick as well.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    I got the Clear Ultra Hybrid.

S T I L L haven't received it.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    Speedygi likes this.
    10-08-2014 05:16 PM
    The slim armor looked pretty good. I ordered one, but wasn't really thrilled that the apple logo cutout wasn't protected. Returned it.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.
    10-12-2014 01:25 AM
    I got a Neo Hybrid on my Plus. I find it good enough for daily use. I don't find it to be slippery at all. However, they were pretty slow to ship.
    10-12-2014 01:30 AM
    I use a Seidio Surface case. It's not slippery at all, it's very grippy. If that's a word.
    10-12-2014 01:42 AM
    I got a Neo Hybrid on my Plus. I find it good enough for daily use. I don't find it to be slippery at all. However, they were pretty slow to ship.
    I finally got mine and it's nice. However now that the Otterbox Symmetry case I wanted is available I'll be getting it.

Still waiting for the Lifeproof.

10-12-2014 03:54 AM
    I finally got mine and it's nice. However now that the Otterbox Symmetry case I wanted is available I'll be getting it.

Still waiting for the Lifeproof.

How is the otter box symmetry? Is the back textured?

10-12-2014 08:23 AM
    Subtly pebbly. Not quite smooth but not overtly textured.
    I find that it's got a nice feel.

Danny8200 likes this.
    10-12-2014 08:25 AM
    How is the otter box symmetry? Is the back textured?

I'm using a symmetry on my 5S at the moment and it is textured though still has some smoothness to it. Comfortable to hold though. I think the grip is going to come more from the rubber portion than anything though. Really nice case. Nice enough to not make me rush out and pay 40 bucks to replace my black Apple leather case because of the break around the headphone jack
    Danny8200 likes this.
    10-12-2014 09:17 AM
    Not my Griffin Survivor.
    10-12-2014 09:35 AM
    I'm using a symmetry on my 5S at the moment and it is textured though still has some smoothness to it. Comfortable to hold though. I think the grip is going to come more from the rubber portion than anything though. Really nice case. Nice enough to not make me rush out and pay 40 bucks to replace my black Apple leather case because of the break around the headphone jack
    How is the bottom portion? I like Speck cases but they seem to suffer from a design flaw where the piece by the Lightning port tends to break off during extended use.

10-12-2014 12:54 PM
    How is the bottom portion? I like Speck cases but they seem to suffer from a design flaw where the piece by the Lightning port tends to break off during extended use.

The rubber at the bottom of the Symmetry is pretty rigid so I don't have any reservations stating that you won't have to worry about it breaking at all! But again, I'm using a 5S Symmetry. I don't have any experience with the 6.
    Danny8200 likes this.
    10-12-2014 12:57 PM

The bottom piece has enough coverage to protect the d vice but not make charging difficult. I've found with some cases that the lighting cable doesn't engage well.

I'm ordering it.

Danny8200 likes this.
    10-12-2014 01:00 PM