Aluminium bumper

Michael Zajdel

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys I'm rocking gold aluminium bumper on my gold iPhone 5s and I have a question is aluminium safe for my iPhone? What I mean is can it damage the iPhone's aluminium body when I would be clumsy and drop the phone? I know that it sounds quite silly but I'm not quite sure. The bumper looks like this:

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Attachments

• ultrathin-0-7mm-aluminum-frame-bumper-case-for-iphone-5-golden-p13725183010.jpg
    ultrathin-0-7mm-aluminum-frame-bumper-case-for-iphone-5-golden-p13725183010.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 34
Last edited by a moderator:

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Cases are meant to protect your phone, not endanger them!

I don't have any experience with Aluminum cases at all. But I think the most a bumper case like that could do, is maybe cause a couple scratches. But I'm not sure, hear from someone else before you decide to use it or not.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I have no experience with aluminum cases. Seems to me it could scratch your device just putting it on and taking it off.

Branta

Retired Network Moderator
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I would be more worried about the impact on radio performance if this is really metallic rather than plastic lookalike. Putting a load of metal close to the antenna, and coupling it to a human body (you hold it, right?) is almost certain to cause reduced performance and increased transmit power. That means more dropped calls, weaker reception, reduced battery life and more RF emitted close to your head.

Michael Zajdel

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Tbh I was thinking the same as you guys! It's already taken off rocking black Belkin case and probably stay with it for a longer time. My blue Apple case got touched by its age and usage haha

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox