impact resistant plastic screen protection. Pros / cons

Oliver Telfor

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Anyone currently using a plastic screen protector with impact resistance? What do y'all think?

How do they feel?

How thick is the protector you're using?

Plastic protectors are great because they're durable, flexible and if you need to replace them they're not that expensive. We have a lifetime guarantee with our so even if it get scratched up over time the replacement is free.

PmmDan1310

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I was just wondering if anyone was using one. If people had the choice over inexpensive glass that didn't offer anything more than scratch protection or impact resistant PET that would protect the phone against scratches and in the event of a drop with the same clarity as glass and a similar feel which they would choose?

I

Plastic protectors are great because they're durable, flexible and if you need to replace them they're not that expensive. We have a lifetime guarantee with our so even if it get scratched up over time the replacement is free.

Oliver Telfor

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I would chose the PET one. Just because some glass ones can be a brittle and some of my friends have had them and they've broken easily.

Again it's down to personal choice - but for the money some of these glass protectors go for I'd stick to the PET ones.

PmmDan1310

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Oliver I appreciate the feedback.

I would chose the PET one. Just because some glass ones can be a brittle and some of my friends have had them and they've broken easily.

Again it's down to personal choice - but for the money some of these glass protectors go for I'd stick to the PET ones.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I used a ZAgg film. Didn't know they made glass. I use Bodyguardz Pure.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Yes. Zagg also makes a GLASS screen protector. I have it on my screen and the Zagg Invisible Shield HD on the back for total protection

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Last edited:

PmmDan1310

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I completely agree that glass is the way to go on your smartphone and obviously if you can afford it but what about for your iPad? I just can't get past paying the price to protect a device I use only briefly each day. I have kids so I definitely want the screen protected.

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I completely agree that glass is the way to go on your smartphone and obviously if you can afford it but what about for your iPad? I just can't get past paying the price to protect a device I use only briefly each day. I have kids so I definitely want the screen protected.

It's cheaper than a screen replacement....my Mama got mine with my ipad thankfully. I found it mysteriously cracked & glad it was the screen protector!

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

What do you have? I don't want to Spring for glass for my kid.