Been debating purchasing a few accessories for my macbook, I have 300 dollars at my disposal and have been recently thinking about getting a Brenthaven Collins Sleeve Plus for MacBook. its like a messenger bag that can fit your macbook, an iPad and such. it's mostly for school but it be nice to have to carry my computer around anywhere hands free. i was also thinking of buying one of the new wireless magic mouse. i plan on editing and using the mouse to just browse the web because using the trackpad on the laptop hurts my hands after a bit, but I'm wondering if spending 70 dollars justifies purchasing it.

can anyone chime in who owns a macbook pro and a magic mouse?

what other accessories should i purchase for my laptop? keyboard covers?

thanks imore!
    05-10-2014 01:34 AM
    Its a good idea to invest in a sleeve or bag. I have this one Thule 13 Stravan Deluxe Attache for MacBook Pro/MacBook Air - Apple Store (U.S.)

Its a great little bag that holds a lot without much bulk. I personally wouldn't but the mouse but thats just my personal preference.
    05-10-2014 08:47 AM
    A time capsule
    05-10-2014 08:49 AM
    I'd say an external hard drive for backing up your MacBook and a bag of some sort would be must have items
    05-10-2014 11:37 AM
    Definitely some sort of external HDD and a bag.

The Magic Mouse is also quite nice because it's compatible with all the gestures of the MBP.

I have found this bag to be one of the best, especially for those will a lot of gadgets.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00EP5...mUvbUpU2250474

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    05-10-2014 12:52 PM
    I have this bag that I really like.
    Attachment 56249
    05-10-2014 04:20 PM
    I got the Magic Mouse after debating between it and the Magic Trackpad. I liked that you could still use gestures on it, even though it was a mouse (would be weird going to a trackpad after using a mouse all my computing life). A bag is a must if you're taking it to school. Personally, I like Timbuk2 bags.

I have this one:
    Commute Laptop TSA-Friendly Messenger Bag - Timbuk2 Bags
    and this one:
    Proof Laptop Messenger Bag - Timbuk2 Bags

If you have a lot of media, consider getting an external drive to offload them to in order to save some storage space on your Mac.
    05-10-2014 11:41 PM
    I have the STM grip, moshi tpu keyboard cover and palm and trackpad cover. There are generic ones on ebay that cost so much less and are exactly the same quality as the moshi branded ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    05-11-2014 02:55 PM
    what is a good HDD to use with a mid-2011 MacBook Air?

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    05-11-2014 11:16 PM
    I like a hard shell cover for my macbook I have one with rear legs that flip down. It definitely makes typing easier and you can get them cheap on eBay. Next to that, an external hard drive for backing up and dumping stuff when your drive gets full. I also like the Magic Mouse.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    05-12-2014 09:14 PM
    I love the Jansport Right Pack sleeve. It's slim, lightweight and durable. Works just like the dependable Jansport backpacks. Handy zippered pocket for cords, adapters and other accessories. Large slim back compartment perfect for an iPad or other devices. Perfect for students/school use but I actually use mine for work and have given a few out as gifts for all ages. Get tons of compliments from people asking where I got the bag and always hear"what a great idea!". I have the all-black version but the link shows the two-tone ones:

What are some MacBook accessories that are a must have?-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1400408599.039343.jpg
    What are some MacBook accessories that are a must have?-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1400408610.084264.jpg

http://www.jansport.com/shop/en/jans...ck-sleeve-t26y

Also highly recommend the Speck Satin SmartShell case. Really protects MacBook and keeps it looking brand-new. I used one for my previous MacBook Pro and now use one for my MacBook Air.

What are some MacBook accessories that are a must have?-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1400408623.065431.jpg

http://forums.imore.com/e?link=https...token=Jzr0DfvB
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    05-18-2014 06:27 AM

Also highly recommend the Speck Satin SmartShell case. Really protects MacBook and keeps it looking brand-new. I used one for my previous MacBook Pro and now use one for my MacBook Air.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1400408623.065431.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	32.7 KB 
ID:	56749

http://forums.imore.com/e?link=https...token=_xbQGTOd
    +1. I agree. I have the see thru speck shell for my 15" rMBP and I love the coverage it gives

In addition, I just purchased the Moshi keyguard protector and the Moshi palmguard/trackpad skin as well to protect the keys from dust & scratches on the palm rest & track pad- both from the Apple online store. I suggest these as well!!

Sent from my 🎀PINK-alicious iPad Air🎀
    LVMHgirl likes this.
    05-18-2014 12:50 PM