Bluetooth keyboard

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Any bluetooth keyboard will work with an iPad for text input, if it has the shortcuts on it for iPad (can't tell from picture) that should work as well

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
As it's mentioned above, if it says it's compatible with iPad it means you need at least the version which is mentioned. The website says iOS4, so everything above should also work without any problems. I tested that in electronic stores too, it's really just a minimal requirement :D

PS: If your iDevice is jailbreaked you can also use Tweaks like "BeeKeyboard" which allows you to set your own shortcuts if you don't have special keys like in the picture above. You can also re-define them etc. Did this with a apple wireless keyboard and my iPad mini 2 and iPhone 4S and it works great. You can for example use also "1Keyboard" for Mac and then you don't have to touch your device anymore. You can use it to chat with app like Whatsapp, iMessage, Telegram etc. and also use everything like Siri, invoke NC, CC or open specific apps without touching your device ;)

thomas_xxxxx

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for your answer. I was asking about compatibility that keyboard because there is a model Genius LuxePad 9100 where is written support for iOS 4 or higher and by Genius LuxePad 9000 is only iOS 4. And one more question. Will bluetooth keyboard also work on iPod touch 4G with iOS 6?

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Bluetooth keyboards have a minimum requirement, but in most cases (and in all cases I tried) future version are available too. If it works with one iOS device it works with the other devices,too. But people don't understand why someone should use a keyboard for devices with small screens. If the keyboard it available for iPad, then you can also use it with your iPhone and iPod too, (but of course not at the same time :p ).

For example I have 2 bluetooth keyboards, one from Apple and another noname cheap version and both works without any problems. The other keyboard also said that it's just for iOS4, butI used them on iOS6 and now on iOS7 ;)

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I have even used a cheap BT keyboard designed for Android devices uneventfully with my iOS devices.

...just wish a mouse would also work but that's for another thread.

1 of IV

thomas_xxxxx

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I have ordered that keyboard. I hope it will works. :D
So when I will want to use keyboard with iOS device, I simply turn on bluetooth and connect to the keyboard through settings of iOS device? Nothing more I have to do?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2