Long-term review of yellow Apple leather case

Larry Pager

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
I bought the yellow case when I got the 5S, along with another case.

I like the leather cases. They fit well, like the Apple logo, it's not too fat of a case, and it's a natural material. In addition, if you spill something on it, if you wipe it down with a damp paper towel, you can get the stain out.

It was a bit tough getting the case off at first. I start out at the lower corner and try to get enough of the case out where there is space in the cut-out for the charger to wedge a q-tip in there. Then I push it out. Overtime, the leather will loosen up to the point where I can now take it off fairly easily- just loosen both bottom corners and it will come off. However it's not so loose that the case no longer snuggly fits the phone.

I knew buying this the color would change. But now it is the color of a ripe banana or snot, depending on the lighting and your point of view.

Here it is new:
official-apple-iphone-5s-5-leather-case-yellow-p40965-b.jpg

Here it is after a few months of use. It's been cleaned using a damp paper towel once and a leather conditioner/cleaner once. Used it right out of the box without putting anything on it.
photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

I love the case, I just don't like this color now.
I think blue and beige will do the same thing- end up looking dingy- the lighter colors I don't think will age well.
Red I think could age well.
Brown and Black will age the best since they are dark colors.

Would I buy another Apple leather case? Yes!
But it's down to Red or Brown.
Can't do black- it would be too much black.
The thing is, now I kinda wanna just go without a case. So I might go without a case and go from there.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I like the worn and "dirty" look....like an old book. I have the black one, so there hasn't been much change since I got it.

Larry Pager

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
I like the red case- it reminds me of an old book with a red leather cover.
We should get others here to post up the different colors