Belkin Qode

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Last week, I upgraded my wife's iPhone to the 5S. I sold her iPhone 5 to AT&T. In exchange, they gave me a promotional card for $190. I thought that I would be able to use the card anywhere, but I could not. It could only be used at an AT&T store. If I had of known that, I wouldn't have sold it to them. But nonetheless, I went to the AT&T store today to buy accessories with the card. I saw the Qode and thought that I would try it out. I had the Zagg Folio keyboard with the backlit keys for my Air already, but I had some gripes with it. I have since used the Qode and I have to say that I like it a lot better than the Zagg Keyboard case which wasn't that bad at all. The typing experience is awesome and the case looks and feels great. I like that it has multiple viewing angles and that you can fold the iPad over the keyboard if you want to use it for just reading. It is a lot sturdier when standing. The Zagg keyboard feels like it is going to tip over when resting at certain angles. And the bottom of the screen can be difficult to access with the Zagg keyboard due to the iPad being too deep into the case's hinge. Now I'm not so angry that the promotional card could only be used at the AT&T store. I just picked up an awesome new gadget.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm glad you're enjoying the Qode, I may check it out when I finally upgrade my iPad

I really do like it. It stands on magnets and feels really secure. I have already gotten a lot of compliments about it. I got the white one because it seems to stand out more. The black looks really sleek though.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I really do like it. It stands on magnets and feels really secure. I have already gotten a lot of compliments about it. I got the white one because it seems to stand out more. The black looks really sleek though.

Any chance of posting a picture of the Belkin Qode?

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I have the white one too- Its a great keyboard companion. I got really lucky- best buy had it on sale for $40 for a few days in December. It was a pick up only. None were available in Connecticut but my brother was able to pick one up for me in NY

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I have the white one too- Its a great keyboard companion. I got really lucky- best buy had it on sale for $40 for a few days in December. It was a pick up only. None were available in Connecticut but my brother was able to pick one up for me in NY

You did get lucky. I paid $130 for mine.

Sent from my gold iPhone 5S. The "S" is for sexy.

Danny8200

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I have a brand new QODE Ultimate keyboard for iPad air sitting as a $130.00 paperweight. Ever since I stopped using the keyboard my iPad Air stopped freezing and restarting. It's the
Black one. Not sure if it's the keyboard or the Bluetooth. I'll have to post it for sale. Overall, buyers remorse on this thing.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iMore Forums app

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I have a brand new QODE Ultimate keyboard for iPad air sitting as a $130.00 paperweight. Ever since I stopped using the keyboard my iPad Air stopped freezing and restarting. It's the
Black one. Not sure if it's the keyboard or the Bluetooth. I'll have to post it for sale. Overall, buyers remorse on this thing.

Why don't you return it to the store? I personally have not had an issue with the keyboard

Danny8200

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
The issues started after the return period was over. I guess bad luck on my part. Unless the problem gets fixed somehow I'll start using it again.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
3ydesaha.jpg
age2yseg.jpg
vepugebe.jpg
ugu9y2yg.jpg

Sent from my gold iPhone 5S. The "S" is for sexy.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Just wanted to add this after having this keyboard case for about a week now. This case is amazing. It is one of the only cases that I can use comfortably while sitting in bed. The case is so stable that it sits up perfectly. I like the auto connect when secure it on top of the magnets. This keyboard case has made my iPad Air a highly functional and productive device. And may I add that the battery has not drained yet and I didn't even charge it when I took it out of the box. Love, love this keyboard.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

gpd129det

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
Would have to say I really like his case/keyboard as well. I had one for my iPad 2 which is still in use by my daughter and she chose to keep the Qode. I have issues with my Ipad Air as far as freezes and such but not sure if is related to the keyboard or the software in the iPad.

Danny8200

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Would have to say I really like his case/keyboard as well. I had one for my iPad 2 which is still in use by my daughter and she chose to keep the Qode. I have issues with my Ipad Air as far as freezes and such but not sure if is related to the keyboard or the software in the iPad.

I believe there is a notice on belkin's website informing users that the freezing issue is related to iOS 7.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Another update to my experience with the Belkin Qode keyboard case. I have been going back and forth between the Belkin and the Zagg backlit keyboard case and I'm starting to lean toward the Zagg. The button layout on the Zagg is better. It is almost the same as the traditional laptop keyboard that I'm used to. The Belkin case has a slightly modified key layout on the right side. Also, the Zagg keyboard has an extra row at the top of the keyboard utilizing, which would be the function row on the Belkin, as a standalone row. Having a backlit keyboard is also awesome. As I am typing this out in the darkness of my bedroom. There are some things that I like better about the Belkin. It seems a lot sturdier when sitting on a desk and/or your lap. For the Zagg, the iPad sits down in the case because the hinge pushes the top part underneath the keyboard. This makes it difficult sometimes to swipe up to access the control center. It can be done, but you have to exert some effort. I also like that the Belkin keyboard can be folded underneath so you can just use the iPad without using the keyboard and it automatically disconnects. That's really cool feature when you just want to read without having to take the iPad out of the case. I still don't know which one I like better. I continue to go back and forth. But as of this moment, I'm using the Zagg mostly because of the backlit keys and the key layout.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

gpd129det

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
I like the looks of the Zagg and would love to use it but I like the option this case has of being able to use it tablet mode. iGear is coming out with a swivel case like they have for the mini. This case is coming in March. I plan on investigating that case as well.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I like the looks of the Zagg and would love to use it but I like the option this case has of being able to use it tablet mode. iGear is coming out with a swivel case like they have for the mini. This case is coming in March. I plan on investigating that case as well.

Try the logitech or the Anker bluetooth keyboard. You can easily detach the iPad and use it as a tablet whenever needed.

Sent from my iPad Air. Simply better than the rest.