Which Mophie case to get & are they durable?

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I had an issue and they took mine back no questions asked and swapped it out. I can't do without my Mophine anymore.

Johnly

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Just wanted to say thanks again everyone. I am now the proud owner of a Mophie Juice Pack Air (Black)! I have a feeling this is really going to come in handy a lot (especially over the summer).

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

I went with a jet black air case. I think it is a good balance between reserve and bulk.... This case phone combo will be good for a long time I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0pusX

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Ive been using my Juice Pack Air as mentioned in this thread (turned on all the time) and Im getting nearly days days worth of usage out of my phone before having to plug it in. Ive been unplugged since 3am today, phone is still at 100% and I have one light still lit on my Mophie!!

Thanks for the GREAT tip!!!

0pusX

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
So I got my Juice Pack Plus for my iPhone 5s today..... Let me just say I like it 100 times better than the Air for one reason....the plus has a band around it that is "sticky" as compared to the smooth slippery band that is around the Air model.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
So I got my Juice Pack Plus for my iPhone 5s today..... Let me just say I like it 100 times better than the Air for one reason....the plus has a band around it that is "sticky" as compared to the smooth slippery band that is around the Air model.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

That's mostly what I use now. I have two helium's for when I go out. They are a bit lighter.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Just a quick update. I ended up swapping my Mophie last Saturday. There was definitely something wrong with it (the battery wasn't last nearly as long as it should with a full charge plus when it would get low it would flip between charging and not charging rapidly which caused my phone to continuously beep or vibrate). Swapped it out and the new one is 10x better. I used if all day yesterday and it lasted until the evening with heavy use. Thanks for the advice again guys!!

taylorz_412

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I picked up a white mophie air yesterday and it makes considerably loud creaking, is this normal for the white version? I've had the black and had no creaking at all but the white overall feels much cheaper and of lesser quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Nope. I have a white plus and it's fine. Definitely a different feel because if the plastic but it works great.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Hey guys,
I just starting using my Mophie Helium differently.
I start the day using the Mophie charger. Then when it runs out, obviously the iPhone battery is being used,
For the past week, only once have I run the Mophie battery down all the way. Moderate use of iPhone.
My thinking is that I'm saving my iPhone battery.
What I failed to mention was that I plan to use the iPhone only once a week
Any comments?
Any cons for using this process?
TIA

Last edited:

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,
I just starting using my Mophie Helium differently.
I start the day using the Mophie charger. Then when it runs out, obviously the iPhone battery is being used,
For the past week, only once have I run the Mophie battery down all the way. Moderate use of iPhone.
My thinking is that I'm saving my iPhone battery.
Any comments?
Any cons for using this process?
TIA

Seems logical, unless of course not using the iPhone battery could somehow be detrimental. Probably an Apple Support technical question. It's like, I didn't drive my car for 6 months after knee reconstruction and leg surgery. Still needed to to start it up a few times and get an oil change when I started driving again. Just my opinion.

Sent from my...take a guess?

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Seems logical, unless of course not using the iPhone battery could somehow be detrimental. Probably an Apple Support technical question. It's like, I didn't drive my car for 6 months after knee reconstruction and leg surgery. Still needed to to start it up a few times and get an oil change when I started driving again. Just my opinion.
Sent from my...take a guess?

Tks for your comment CR.
What I failed to mention was that I plan to use the iPhone battery only once a week.
Good Luck

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Tks for your comment CR.
What I failed to mention was that I plan to use the iPhone battery only once a week.
Good Luck

I have been using it that way since I have had my iPhone 4. It lasts a lot longer and you can just take the case off at night if you go out.

Also never had an issue using it this way.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Greetings iMore users!

After a short break away from the forums I'm back and looking for some wisdom from the members here! I think I want to pick up a Mophie case. I've been using my phone a lot more on the weekends and have been draining the battery pretty quick (plus it will definitely come in handy if I have plans after work). My questions are:

1) What size should I get? I don't know if the Helium will be enough power or if I should just get the Air? I'm not crazy about the exposed buttons because I have bigger hands and trying to get in that groove might be hard.

2) Are these cases pretty durable? I probably won't leave it on as my daily case and just use it when I want some extra power. I don't want to pay $75-$100 for a case that's going to break/wear out within a couple months.

Thanks all!!

These are great battery cases but the paint job on them is very poor. I have owned 3 of them and they chip very easily. If that kind of thing does not bother you then buy one sure!

lensterman

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
Can someone provide an update on how long their cases are lasting? Are the case batteries losing their ability to charge your phone over time?
Thanks!

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Can someone provide an update on how long their cases are lasting? Are the case batteries losing their ability to charge your phone over time?
Thanks!

I bought one for my iPhone 5. I used it all year with the iPhone 5. Then I got an iPhone 5S. Used it another year. Gave my iPhone 5S to my daughter. She also got my Mophie case. No problems, going into its 3rd year of service. Case is still solid, and still keeps the phone charged enough to get through more than a whole day.

Yeah, I’d say that they are durable and long lasting.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Got my Helium on my 5S since January.
I start the day using the Helium & if it's out of juice, I'll use the iPhone battery.
Since iOS 8' I noticed it runs down faster but I attribute that to iOS8 & not the Mophie battery.
Would not hesitate getting another for a new phone.
Good Luck

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73