I keep getting this screen when using my JPA.

Juice Pack Air for 5s issue-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1390557200.248403.jpg

Anyone else having this issue?

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    01-24-2014 04:53 AM
    Hi -

That message usually shows up when you try to plug in the charging cord while the mophie is "on" (green). It has to be in the "off" (red) position when charging the mophie. [I had that problem with my 4S as well (when I would forget to switch it "off" before charging it) but now the design of the mophie for 5/5S has the switch on the back instead of the side so it sometimes gets switched "on" accidentally during the day before I need it which is kind of annoying!]

Anyway...

If it is "off" and the message shows up, for some reason the charging cord or plug isn't compatible or not providing enough power. Or if all the cords and chargers are fine, sometimes *gently* unplugging and plugging the cord back in helps the connection.

Hope that helps!
    0pusX and TurboTiger like this.
    01-24-2014 07:23 AM
    Good info LMVHgirl,

I just bought a Mophie Juice Pack Helium for my new 5S.

I believe I remember you as the PCgirl on CrackBerry as your signature indicates.
    How about TreoCentral? Ever there?

Good Luck
    LVMHgirl likes this.
    01-24-2014 09:56 AM
    Good info LMVHgirl,

I just bought a Mophie Juice Pack Helium for my new 5S.

I believe I remember you as the PCgirl on CrackBerry as your signature indicates.
    How about TreoCentral? Ever there?

Good Luck
    OMG! How cool! A blast from the past!!!
    Nice to see a familiar *face*

Yup, this diehard BB'er became a diehard iOS'er right after the disaster known as the "OS 6 update" happened. Eep! And then there was that whole outage thing that lasted a week. But I digress...

And no, I haven't visited Treo Central. Still haven't linked to CB via mobile nations/passport either. Probably should figure out how to do it one of these days.

Anyway - you will love your mophie! I use mine whenever I leave the house.

Have a great evening!

01-25-2014 01:49 AM
    OMG! How cool! A blast from the past!!!
    Nice to see a familiar *face*

Yup, this diehard BB'er became a diehard iOS'er right after the disaster known as the "OS 6 update" happened. Eep! And then there was that whole outage thing that lasted a week. But I digress...

And no, I haven't visited Treo Central. Still haven't linked to CB via mobile nations/passport either. Probably should figure out how to do it one of these days.

Anyway - you will love your mophie! I use mine whenever I leave the house.

Have a great evening!

Mine is one all the time now that I've learned that while charging the Mophie it's charging the iPhone.

Good Luck
    LVMHgirl likes this.
    01-25-2014 01:34 PM
    I keep getting this screen when using my JPA.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1390557200.248403.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	186.1 KB 
ID:	46882

Anyone else having this issue?

I have had over 15 Mophies and currently rotate through about 6 of them weekly. It that is popping up on your phone and your using the correct wire then take the case back. They have great customer service. I charge mine with the case turned on every night as stated above and have never had that issue. I never even turn the switch off.
    01-25-2014 01:40 PM
    Ok, I was using a Motorola Micro USB charger at the time so that maybe the issue. I will only use the included cable and see if it persists.

Thanks for all the feedback!!!

01-25-2014 07:38 PM
    Ok, I was using a Motorola Micro USB charger at the time so that maybe the issue. I will only use the included cable and see if it persists.

Thanks for all the feedback!!!

I've never had that issue myself.
    01-25-2014 07:50 PM
    I have USB cables from previous BB's And they are working fine charging the iPhone/Morphie using the Apple adapter.

Good Luck
    LVMHgirl likes this.
    01-26-2014 03:37 PM
    I have USB cables from previous BB's And they are working fine charging the iPhone/Morphie using the Apple adapter.

Good Luck
    I have a bunch of leftover BB chargers and cables too and they work just fine.
    TurboTiger likes this.
    01-26-2014 03:52 PM
    Mine was an actual power adaptor and cord from Moto. Wonder if the power adaptor was why....

01-26-2014 11:45 PM
    use power cord provided... lesser quality ones will do that as well as Using Mophie while plugged in
    01-27-2014 12:35 AM
    Mine was an actual power adaptor and cord from Moto. Wonder if the power adaptor was why....

If I'm not mistaken Motorola ones are different. I have heard of people having issues with them on other phones as well.
    01-27-2014 08:20 AM