Anyone use charging docks/stands?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Are there any new charging docks to report by anyone?
I'm still using my Twelve South when I don't have my LifeProof cases on.

afctee

Distinguished
May 22, 2016
Visit site
Just last weekend I bought a Twelve South. Brilliant stand. A little annoying when I'm placing my iPad with Apple case into it. But, I think I merely need to adjust the spacing...

twinlight

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I have the space grey dock by apple and use a 6 plus with an apple case. The lightning connector is sturdy enough but its a bit of fiddling with the phone to find the position. I wish it had a back to rest against and Qi charging instead. I used to drop my old lumia on the stand and it always began charging. No problem getting it in place even in the dark.

Have to use both hands to hold down the base when picking up the phone.
Its good for using handsfree Siri from bed and I can still see the screen thou..

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Back in the iPhone 4s days I too had the Elevation dock. Bought many of them actually, they just worked great. Still have them as paperweights since they don't hold the 6. I am interested in the Hi Rise dlx stand.

On the Apple Dock (newest release) is the phone sturdy on there? Is it just me, or is it no concern just to be supported by the tip of the lightning adapter. My daughter would like the gold stand, but we are concerned about the quality and strength...

I have been using the Apple dock on my night table since it was released. I have the white plastic version and it works great. No issues with the Lightning connector at all. Only thing I did was put a few pieces of double stick tape to the bottom so I can take my phone off one handed.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I just picked up this Mophie Charging Stand for my  Watch...
6ebf7ffa675a9ee4ab64249ca19bf8b2.jpg

285284f7c1ce6394280babb8ebb655e2.jpg

9b54b19c5133988fd885a48335237c9f.jpg

ac5e455d548367e841badb6f7f1645fb.jpg

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
So I recently ordered the Apple iPhone Lightning Dock in black in anticipation of my (hopefully) ordering a black iPhone 7 Plus soon, and the dock arrived today. As to the shade of black that this dock is, all I can say is WOW... I was strongly (almost definitely) going to go with Jet Black for the 7 Plus, but if this black color for the dock is the same color as the matte black option for the 7/7 Plus then my decision became a whole lot tougher. I'm really liking this particular color and finish of black for the dock, and I was/am well aware of the potential issues with fingerprints and scratches on the Jet Black color option for the iPhone. I don't see fingerprints being much, if any issue at all with this matte black color, and as far as scratches go, that (imo) is yet TBD, but I think that the flat, matte, shade of this black for the dock/iPhone should/will help to mitigate any such issue versus the glossy finish of the Jet Black color option. This isn't my first iPhone Lightning Dock as I also have the Space Gray one as well. The best way that I can think of to describe the color of the black dock is to look at the the black faceplate of the Space Gray iPhone and picture that color, but in a flat, or matte hue. Shocker, I know, lol, that the black dock is... black, just as the Space Gray dock is... gray. Anyways, to anyone who has ordered the black iPhone 7/7 Plus, but was also considering the Jet Black option, and was maybe still a little undecided, or regretting their decision to go with the matte black option - once you see this particular color/shade of black in person I think any doubts about having ordered it will quickly be forgotten. Apple, this color's a keeper!!
Here's a link to the black iPhone Lightning Dock on Apple's site:
https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MNN62/iphone-lightning-dock-black#mn_p

KarmelVixen

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I've been using this stand for my watch. I'm now looking for a stand that's all black (preferably metal) & look stylish for both my new phone & watch. IMG_1473561736.903281.jpg

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I have an old Twelve South stand that I sometimes use, and a Nomad Pod for the Watch.

I also have the Twelve South stand for my iPhone. Still a very nice and stylish stand in my opinion. I was actually thinking about getting the Black one as well.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I never used one, nor do I want one.

Yes we do have a choice. I personally have been using charging stands/docks since my Blackberry 8330 days and I find them convenient and useful. I like the idea of being able to see the screen when charging or at night on my nightstand. It beats laying my iPhone and Apple Watch down.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes we do have a choice. I personally have been using charging stands/docks since my Blackberry 8330 days and I find them convenient and useful. I like the idea of being able to see the screen when charging or at night on my nightstand. It beats laying my iPhone and Apple Watch down.

I sleep with my 6s Plus next to me in bed. She has her own pillow and would not like sitting on the bedside stuck on some contraption.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods