My Twelve South is still going strong

Sent from my GOLD iPhone 5s using iMore Forums app
    Derrick after you posted the images of the Twelve South dock I purchased 2 of them. They are soo nice. I use the tech21 cases and the Kate Spade charging cases and you don't have to remove either case to have it fit nicely on the stand to charge! Thanks again for the great tip on this product.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    Spencerdl likes this.
    04-03-2014 11:22 AM
    I use a different one that I got through amazon, not quite as much in price as this one but I like yours. I already added it to my wish list on amazon.
    Welcome to iMore. It's a good looking charging stand that accommdates many diferent cases. I luv it. ......ENJOY iMore
    04-03-2014 12:35 PM
    Derrick after you posted the images of the Twelve South dock I purchased 2 of them. They are soo nice. I use the tech21 cases and the Kate Spade charging cases and you don't have to remove either case to have it fit nicely on the stand to charge! Thanks again for the great tip on this product.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    No problem...I'm glad you like it. (SMILE)
    04-03-2014 12:36 PM
    I don't use a dock at home for my phone but I wanted one to use when on the road. I ended up building my own that just hangs on the outlet. I found it very convenient when traveling.

I use a dock for my iPod at home though so I have the audio out plugged in.
    04-08-2014 09:26 AM
    I don't use a dock at home for my phone but I wanted one to use when on the road. I ended up building my own that just hangs on the outlet. I found it very convenient when traveling.

Do you have any photos? I would to see this ....invention.
    04-08-2014 04:39 PM
    I must admit, after having this charging stand for a couple of months now it's still my favorite accessory.....Smile

05-07-2014 07:09 PM

Is it made out of Legos? There is an instruction out there to make your custom dock for your iPhone don't know about if it works with a case.

But that twelve south dock is beautiful and fact that it works with your case on? I'm sold.

Sent from my awesome iPhone 5, soon to be 6 later this year.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    05-08-2014 07:35 AM
    I have the elevation dock. I was disappointed after the connected changed which changed the easy of use. I may check out the twelve south version

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Spencerdl likes this.
    05-08-2014 12:04 PM
    Bump

06-11-2014 12:27 PM
    idk how I didn't see this thread because I would've shared my 2 sooner lol. I've had the Twelve South hi rise dock since I rec'd my 5C back in October...and the best thing about this charging dock is you NEVER have to remove the case your using because of the adapters (in 3 sizes) that come with the dock

When my hubby upgraded to a 5C a few months back, besides getting him a case, I also made sure I had a dock for him as well

This definitely is a brilliant accessory Twelve South has made

Sent from my 🎀PINK-alicious iPad Air🎀
    joyfulmom2 and Spencerdl like this.
    06-11-2014 06:27 PM
    Thanks for resopnding PC, and I can definetly identify with you concerning The Twelve South Charging Dock. One of the BEST working and looking docks made for the iPhone 5 series...IMHO.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    06-12-2014 07:41 AM
    Whoo hoo another fan of the twelve south charging doc
    Don't forget it work great with the iPad mini too!!!
    06-12-2014 01:19 PM
    Whoo hoo another fan of the twelve south charging doc
    Don't forget it work great with the iPad mini too!!!
    EXACTLY...This^^^...SMILE
    06-12-2014 01:20 PM
    The Twelve South Charging Dock should work well with the iPhone 6 (both versions). I can't wait to try it.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5s using iMore Forums
    07-11-2014 12:33 PM
    I have an ElevationDock 2 laying around somewhere...

Elevation Dock 2 - iPhone Dock for 5, 5s, 5c with Lightning Adapter | ElevationLab

It's awesome. Can't use it with my LP case though.
    07-16-2014 05:19 PM
    I have an ElevationDock 2 laying around somewhere...

Elevation Dock 2 - iPhone Dock for 5, 5s, 5c with Lightning Adapter | ElevationLab

It's awesome. Can't use it with my LP case though.
    The Twelve South Charging stand works with a multitude of cases (3 adaptors) even the Otterbox Defender, but I'm not sure about the LP case
    07-16-2014 05:27 PM
    The Twelve South Charging stand works with a multitude of cases (3 adaptors) even the Otterbox Defender, but I'm not sure about the LP case
    The Elevation Dock works with Otterbox and a few other large cases too. The LP is the only case I have used that does not work because of the non removable door latch. Come to think of it, I should probably sell the Dock since it has gone unused for almost a year now.
    07-16-2014 05:30 PM
    I picked up the EverDock Duo when it was on StackSocial. Charges my 5S in the KarasKustoms Alloy5 case and my Retina Mini in a Seidio Dilex case. It sticks to my night stand with "micro suction" so inserting and removing is easily accomplished one handed.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    Last edited by stonerman33; 07-17-2014 at 08:40 PM. Reason: added one handed info
    07-17-2014 08:39 PM
    I'd love the HiRise, not just for the tasteful name you understand .

However, it is too tall to fit on my desk under one of my monitors so I need a dock that will take a Spigen Ultra Hybrid case that is lower profile. The problem is I need to test a dock first as the last one I tried, which I was assured would fit, didn't.
    07-18-2014 07:30 AM
    Surprisingly, the stock iPhone dock is extremely good. The only fundamental flaw that is VERY easily fixed is that it's very light so when you pick up the phone the dock lights up with it.

I used a small patch of carpet tape (great alternative to double sided tape) to stick the dock to my desk so I can easily dock/undock with one hand. I was surprised that it's actually super easy to take the phone in/out. I don't have to sit there and line up the port or anything, I can do it with my eyes closed or in the dark. Additionally, the stock dock actually has the Wolfson WM8533 DAC (Digital to Analog Convertor, same as the one used in the male lightning to 30pin official adapter) which is the only way to get true line out (i.e bypassing the amp section of the iPhone in favor of a better external one) from the iPhone. Not that I use that feature as I have much better sound sources than the iPhone but it's nice to have I suppose.
    07-21-2014 12:02 PM
    Surprisingly, the stock iPhone dock is extremely good. The only fundamental flaw that is VERY easily fixed is that it's very light so when you pick up the phone the dock lights up with it.

I used a small patch of carpet tape (great alternative to double sided tape) to stick the dock to my desk so I can easily dock/undock with one hand. I was surprised that it's actually super easy to take the phone in/out. I don't have to sit there and line up the port or anything, I can do it with my eyes closed or in the dark. Additionally, the stock dock actually has the Wolfson WM8533 DAC (Digital to Analog Convertor, same as the one used in the male lightning to 30pin official adapter) which is the only way to get true line out (i.e bypassing the amp section of the iPhone in favor of a better external one) from the iPhone. Not that I use that feature as I have much better sound sources than the iPhone but it's nice to have I suppose.
    I'm glad you like your "stock" iPhone dock, but I wouldn't say it was extremely good. The Twelve South HiRise Charging Stand is MUCH better in build and materials (quality) ....IMHO
    07-22-2014 04:03 PM
    "MICH better in build"
    Can you expand? From my observations, all surfaces are flat, there are no gaps in the construction and the lightning jack and line out have no alignment issues. The build is flawless in every sense of the word.

As far as materials you have a point, I tend to prefer metal as well. My WooAudio 2x headphone stand is also aluminium and the finish on the hiRise actually matches it perfectly. The only issue was that the dock was too tall for my config below:

Looking at my setup:
    Anyone use charging docks/stands?-900x900px-ll-f08cefc8_photo1-21-201490659am.jpeg

You see the gap between the keyboard and the monitor base? I wanted a dock that would fit in that spot without elevating the phone above the bottom portion of the LCD as not to obstruct my view. My reasoning was that if I have to take my eyes off my monitor for a split second to see a notification on my phone, I can easily look back up instantly if it's not important, as not to break focus from my tasks unless needed. The Hi-Rise would obstruct my view to the monitor when I have my chair all the way down =(

I also sense that I would struggle getting the phone in on the hiRise at the odd times where I'm not the most sober as there's no side walls to guide the phone. I dunno, friday nights at 4AM half drunk after 6 hours of dancing I'm not the most coordinated cookie. For the stock dock I just hold the phone 45 degrees and go sideways until the side of the phone hits the inner side of dock, straighten it out and its a perfect fit every time. I dunno I like these systems to be fool proof haha!

I can definitely see the aesthetics appeal of the hiRise however. It's a nice looking accessory. If they make one shorter in height I may consider it as the finish PERFECTLY matches my headphone stand which is also a matte aluminium =P
    Last edited by Scorpion667; 07-23-2014 at 11:35 AM.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    07-23-2014 11:21 AM
    WOW...Looking at your photo, I really need to CLEAN my desk....LOL. What are you OCD or something....SMILE
    07-23-2014 12:19 PM
    WOW...Looking at your photo, I really need to CLEAN my desk....LOL. What are you OCD or something....SMILE
    That was right after I finished cleaning! It looks like a dump site at the moment LOL
    Spencerdl likes this.
    07-23-2014 01:41 PM
    That was right after I finished cleaning! It looks like a dump site at the moment LOL
    Oh okay. That's more like it. Now I don't feel so bad.....Smile

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5s using iMore Forums
    07-24-2014 07:07 PM
201 1234 ...