I just had a few questions about the Lightning cable.

- What is the length of the Lightning cables that come with the 5s, 5c and the iPad Air?
    - Is the Lightning cable compatible with all devices, can I use my iPhone 5s Lightning cable to charge my iPad Air and vice versa?
    - What are the different sizes/length the Lightning cable come in?
    - Last question... My current Lightning cable, the one that came with my Air, the end of the cable, the rubber is coming off, it's all stretched. Would AC+ send me a new one, do they cover that? Or am I on my own?

Thanks for help.
    01-23-2014 05:49 AM
    I would suggest giving Apple a call. They can give you the correct answers. 1-800-275-2273
    iOS Gravity likes this.
    01-23-2014 05:55 AM
    I would suggest giving Apple a call. They can give you the correct answers. 1-800-275-2273
    What is the purpose of this forum? I'm currently on break at work and can't call right Apple right now. I was going to check the responses when I got off. Some people don't want to have to call Apple for every single question they have. I'm sure out of the thousands of users here someone can answer these. Thanks for the input though.
    EmceeGeek and anon8383645 like this.
    01-23-2014 06:25 AM
    1. 18" I think. Since you have one, measure it.
    2. Yes compatible with all lightning devices.
    3. Not sure of all the lengths because third parties make them too. But you can get them several feet long.
    4. It may be replaced under AppleCare since it's fairly new. Not sure if cables are usually included though.
    01-23-2014 07:19 AM
    No offense but you currently have the lightening cable but your asking us how long it is. It gets frustrating sometimes when someone asks a question and the answer is right in front of them.
    01-23-2014 08:04 AM
    What is the purpose of this forum? I'm currently on break at work and can't call right Apple right now. I was going to check the responses when I got off. Some people don't want to have to call Apple for every single question they have. I'm sure out of the thousands of users here someone can answer these. Thanks for the input though.
    You got your answers the call suggestion was for the AppleCare replacement

Aftermarket cables can be found up to Ten Feet in length

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB
    Spencerdl and iOS Gravity like this.
    01-23-2014 08:28 AM
    The cable that comes with the iPhone is 0.5m. As far as Apple replacing the cord, you'd have to contact them. I usually buy several cords, so I never cared to have them replace one that got messed up.
    01-23-2014 08:53 AM
    lol...little snippy there huh? Took me 2 seconds to look on Apple's website and find this page...this gives you 90% of the answers you were asking for.

iPhone Cables & Docks - Lightning Cables, USB Adapters & More - Apple Store (U.S.)!

...also, yes, these cords will work universally with any device that uses the same connector.

Will Apple Care + replace the cord for you? Yes. But you don't really need them to because the Apple store will usually replace the cord for you regardless of whether you have a warranty or not (in a situation like you have) within the first year of ownership of a new device.
    01-23-2014 09:32 AM
    No offense but you currently have the lightening cable but your asking us how long it is. It gets frustrating sometimes when someone asks a question and the answer is right in front of them.
    Currently, I don't have the cable for the 5c is was lost. I wanted to purchase a new one but made sure I got the same one it came with, that is all. I didn't know if all the cables that came with iDevices where the same length.
    01-23-2014 08:05 PM
    lol...little snippy there huh? Took me 2 seconds to look on Apple's website and find this page...this gives you 90% of the answers you were asking for.

iPhone Cables & Docks - Lightning Cables, USB Adapters & More - Apple Store (U.S.)!

...also, yes, these cords will work universally with any device that uses the same connector.

Will Apple Care + replace the cord for you? Yes. But you don't really need them to because the Apple store will usually replace the cord for you regardless of whether you have a warranty or not (in a situation like you have) within the first year of ownership of a new device.
    Not snippy, just that if I wanted a 1-800 number I could I go on Apple myself. No one is forced to help me. I'd rather no one answer me then tell me to go get help somewhere else. And yes I visited that website you listed, I saw the lengths but it doesnt say that an iPhone 5c comes with a 2m or what. Thanks for your help though.
    01-23-2014 08:06 PM
    1. 18" I think. Since you have one, measure it.
    2. Yes compatible with all lightning devices.
    3. Not sure of all the lengths because third parties make them too. But you can get them several feet long.
    4. It may be replaced under AppleCare since it's fairly new. Not sure if cables are usually included though.
    I didn't have a tape measure at work or the iPad cord. Thanks for the answers though, much appreciated.
    01-23-2014 08:10 PM

Thanks for the tip Sean. I didn't know that Apple will replace it for you for free even if you don't have a warranty. And here I bought 2 replacement cables.
    01-23-2014 08:16 PM
    I just had a few questions about the Lightning cable.

- What is the length of the Lightning cables that come with the 5s, 5c and the iPad Air?
    - Is the Lightning cable compatible with all devices, can I use my iPhone 5s Lightning cable to charge my iPad Air and vice versa?
    - What are the different sizes/length the Lightning cable come in?
    - Last question... My current Lightning cable, the one that came with my Air, the end of the cable, the rubber is coming off, it's all stretched. Would AC+ send me a new one, do they cover that? Or am I on my own?

Thanks for help.
    The lightning cable that comes with the devices is the 1M cable 3.3FT
    Lightning cables are compatible with all lightning enabled devices.
    From apple the are available in 0.5M 1M and 2M
    Yes, AppleCare+ as well as the standard 1 year warranty applies to the cable.
    01-24-2014 02:26 AM
    Not snippy, just that if I wanted a 1-800 number I could I go on Apple myself. No one is forced to help me. I'd rather no one answer me then tell me to go get help somewhere else. And yes I visited that website you listed, I saw the lengths but it doesnt say that an iPhone 5c comes with a 2m or what. Thanks for your help though.
    Do at least a minimal amount of leg work yourself in the future and you won't be met with this kind of response to these questions.
    phreddyl and iOS Gravity like this.
    01-24-2014 09:55 AM
    The folks here advised you to seek your answers from Apple. They make the product you were seeking info on.
    That's not somewhere else. Going to Apple for info on a Apple product.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using iMore Forums mobile app
    iOS Gravity likes this.
    01-24-2014 11:11 AM
    We’re sorry. We need to realize that we are here just to serve your information needs. Please look in the Help FAQ for our home/cell phone numbers and other contact info so you can always reach out have have us look something up for you.
    iOS Gravity and phreddyl like this.
    01-24-2014 11:15 AM
    Do at least a minimal amount of leg work yourself in the future and you won't be met with this kind of response to these questions.
    The folks here advised you to seek your answers from Apple. They make the product you were seeking info on.
    That's not somewhere else. Going to Apple for info on a Apple product.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using iMore Forums mobile app
    We’re sorry. We need to realize that we are here just to serve your information needs. Please look in the Help FAQ for our home/cell phone numbers and other contact info so you can always reach out have have us look something up for you.
    I agree with all of you guys. We are a community, not tech support.
    01-24-2014 12:34 PM