Review for Anker Ultra Slim Keyboard Case for iPad Air

Peter Cotton

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Anker sent me a Keyboard Cover for the iPad air to review. I'll also put some photos up in a minute for everyone to see. Im using it to type out this review.

Firstly, it arrived as usual in amazons packaging. I did notice that ankers packing underneath this was not up to the same standard as it usually is. A bit flimsy one might say! However, within amazon packaging, it is still well protected.

Inside you get the Keyboard Case, a usb charging cable and an instruction manual. My first impression where now thin the keyboard was. The gloss black on the keyboard itself looks amazing, and the back is finished in a brushed aluminium colour. I believe it is plastic all the way round, but it looks and feels like a premium product.

It attaches to the iPad the same way as a Smart Cover. When in use as a cover, it can turn the iPad screen on and off. However, there is no magnet holding it closed. To use it as a keyboard, you detach it then place it in a clever holder. This keeps the iPad upright. You can type on most surfaces, including your lap quite easily. The Keyboard features proper tactile keys, which are a joy to type on. A lot of cases out there just offer that awful soft type keys which just don't feel like a keyboard. The Anker Keyboard is nothing like that. It's certainly smaller than a full size keyboard, but it packs all the function button on and just makes typing fun!

The pairing process is easy. Simply switch on the keyboard, and use the same pairing sequence as any other bluetooth product. Once its paired, the iPad will find the keyboard whenever its switched on, as long as bluetooth is active on course! I've been using it in meeting non stop now for two days, and the battery still seems strong too!

So in conclusion, this is a great product. I will likely use it going to work everyday as the advantages of having a decent keyboard for typing is excellent. However, I wouldn't use it all the time because as a case, while it looks great and does protect the screen, I still prefer the other case they sent me, simply because it protects the back and this doesn't. It's currently on amazon for ?35.99, great values when you consider the logitech equivalent is nearly double the price.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I just bought one of these. Previously I had the Zagg bluetooth keyboard case. I really liked that one because it had backlit keys. The backlit keys are nice, but really aren't needed because I hardly look at the keys while I'm typing. And one of the things that I didn't like about the Zagg keyboard case was that it isn't anchored properly. The case is unstable and it doesn't sit well on a table and definitely not in your lap. It would fall over all the time in my lap. The Anker keyboard is awesome. I love that it sits in my lap perfectly without tipping. The keyboard layout is good. I really appreciate being able to type on my iPad while in portrait mode. Pairing was simple and the keyboard itself is very responsive. On the whole, this keyboard is better than the Zagg keyboard. When you consider that I paid $100 for the Zagg and $30 for the Anker, it proves to be a steal. A good keyboard for the iPad Air is a must for me and now I think that I finally found the perfect one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods