I've been an Otterbox user for YEARS! And, again, I just bought an iPhone 5s, and thus bought an Otterbox Defender.

But, I'm curious, people seem to be raving about the LifeProof case. Tell, me, is it really all that? Or, are people raving about it because it is 'thinner' than the Otterbox defender?
    To be honest, I can't see myself ever using\taking my iPhone near the pool, or too close to water, but...

Thanks in advance for your opinions.
    01-01-2014 04:42 PM
    So u went with the 5S over the 5C, nice
    anon(153966) likes this.
    01-01-2014 05:01 PM
    I have a LifeProof case and I love it...
    01-01-2014 07:00 PM
    The Lifeproof case does look nice and more handling friendly than the Otterbox Defender. From what I've read, not only does it protect from the elements, but also from "serious" drops, falls, dings and almost everything else. If I ever go back up north where the weather comes in all sorts, I might invest...but for now I'm happy with my Spigen Tough Armor ....SMILE
    01-01-2014 10:28 PM
    The Lifeproof case does look nice and more handling friendly than the Otterbox Defender. From what I've read, not only does it protect from the elements, but also from "serious" drops, falls, dings and almost everything else. If I ever go back up north where the weather comes in all sorts, I might invest...but for now I'm happy with my Spigen Tough Armor ....SMILE
    That is a very nice case. Albeit I like having my ports covered...
    01-01-2014 10:34 PM
    I love my lifeproof. I have diff colors and it works great w the fingerprint
    01-01-2014 10:36 PM
    I've been using lifeproof since it became available and it's actually just that much better than otterbox. I'd never go back to otterbox. I feel free to do whatever I want with my lifeproof case on.

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5S
    01-02-2014 11:12 PM
    I echo EmceeGeek's comments.

I have the nuud and love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2.5 Beta
    01-03-2014 12:46 AM
    Honestly, only me.

I bought a LifeProof case today for my 5s. I take it home, perform all the test, then try to insert my iPhone. For love or money I can't remove the headphone jack cover. Yes, I know righty tighty lefty loosy. But it is as if it is 'locked' in place.

Annoying; returning it tomorrow...
    01-03-2014 11:47 PM
    I echo EmceeGeek's comments.

I have the nuud and love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2.5 Beta
    Is the nuud slippery when holding it or when it gets wet? Also, since it seems clear,does it scratch easily? Also, can I use it with my case friendly zagg screen protector or do I have to remove it?
    01-04-2014 01:25 AM
    Honestly, only me.

I bought a LifeProof case today for my 5s. I take it home, perform all the test, then try to insert my iPhone. For love or money I can't remove the headphone jack cover. Yes, I know righty tighty lefty loosy. But it is as if it is 'locked' in place.

Annoying; returning it tomorrow...
    I've bought the Lifeproof case for my iPhone twice already and twice I have returned it. It looks good and it definitely is waterproof. I used it in the shower and bath. The screen isn't that responsive when there is water on it which was a challenge. So it seemed to do what it promised to do. But, it can be inconvenient. To have to unscrew the headphone jack cover just to listen to music through your headphones is a pain. Taking the case off period is a chore. I need my case to be functional. As of right now, convenience overpowers the need for it to be waterproof for the off chance that I drop my phone in water or it gets rained on.

Sent from my iPhone 5S. The "S" is for sexy.
    anon(153966) likes this.
    01-04-2014 03:51 AM
    I think I'm just going to stick with my Otterbox Defender. I'll just swap my black one for a grey one. I think the colour match will be better against the white/gold iPhone 5s...

I've bought the Lifeproof case for my iPhone twice already and twice I have returned it. It looks good and it definitely is waterproof. I used it in the shower and bath. The screen isn't that responsive when there is water on it which was a challenge. So it seemed to do what it promised to do. But, it can be inconvenient. To have to unscrew the headphone jack cover just to listen to music through your headphones is a pain. Taking the case off period is a chore. I need my case to be functional. As of right now, convenience overpowers the need for it to be waterproof for the off chance that I drop my phone in water or it gets rained on.

Sent from my iPhone 5S. The "S" is for sexy.
    01-04-2014 07:55 AM