Otterbox Defender Hybrid Case 5s

cthrush74

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know what the difference is between the regular Defender case for the 5/5s and the hybrid Defender case for the 5/5s? Best Buy is listing the hybrid as a "new arrival" thats a bit more expensive. Just curious in the differences?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know what the difference is between the regular Defender case for the 5/5s and the hybrid Defender case for the 5/5s? Best Buy is listing the hybrid as a "new arrival" thats a bit more expensive. Just curious in the differences?

Only difference I noticed was the new one does not have a button cover for the home button so you can take advantage of touch id

SMELTN

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
as Premium1 said pretty much the only difference is the home button is no longer covered so you can use the Touch ID.. See the picture below of the 2 cases side by side

OtterBox-iPhone-5s-Case-Review-2.jpg

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
If I use the iPhone 5 defender on my 5s will that mess up the fingerprint censor ? I'm not really using the censor

It won't mess it up, it just would not be able to use the finger print sensor while the case is on. So if you do not use the scanner then you can get the model for the iPhone 5 for much cheaper.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2