I bought the new Lifeproof Fre' case for the 5s from Best Buy last week. I have a Mophie case for my daily use, but I need a waterproof case for use under certain work conditions. I read about the Fre' having a bubble or newton rings, but also as many people saying they have not problem. I have a belkin screen protector on my phone, and want to leave this on for protection when using my mophie case.

Well, I have these air bubbles when I put the Lifeproof case on, and was wondering if anyone here has ever resolved this issue. I tried everything I have read to get rid of it. Using a small amount of baby powder on the inside of the case screen protector, mashing the case with the ports on the bottom open for air to escape. but, none of these have worked.

Some post I've read, say getting a non glare screen protector help resolve the problem, but no one has mentioned what type/brand, and the post were to old to try to ask.

I would really like to use this case, because it was the only waterproof case I could find with a belt clip.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
    12-02-2013 08:28 PM
    When using my Lifeproof I buy the ones from the apple store. Basically your looking for antiglare that is smooth. Not like a zagg screen protector. The apple ones work great with the LP
    12-02-2013 10:34 PM
    Which screen are you using Zerog46 on your phone with your Lifeproof. I see several on Apple site. I have the 5S with Lifeproof and I get those dreaded rainbows. I would like try the same.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    12-03-2013 07:16 AM
    I think it's the Belkin one they sell. Have to see if I still have the packaging.
    cbntmaker likes this.
    12-03-2013 08:50 AM
    I think it's the Belkin one they sell. Have to see if I still have the packaging.
    Thanks, i'll try to get by the Apple Store tomorrow and see what they have.
    12-03-2013 08:46 PM

Thanks for telling this.Went to the Apple Store today and ask about the Belkin anti-glare screen protector. Gave me the only one they sold, and it completely solved my problem.

Using a Lifeproof Fre' with a screen protector-image.jpgClick image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	600.4 KB 
ID:	43830
    12-05-2013 11:39 PM
    Glad to hear. Good luck with it.
    12-05-2013 11:46 PM
    I bought the new Lifeproof Fre' case for the 5s from Best Buy last week. I have a Mophie case for my daily use, but I need a waterproof case for use under certain work conditions. I read about the Fre' having a bubble or newton rings, but also as many people saying they have not problem. I have a belkin screen protector on my phone, and want to leave this on for protection when using my mophie case.

Well, I have these air bubbles when I put the Lifeproof case on, and was wondering if anyone here has ever resolved this issue. I tried everything I have read to get rid of it. Using a small amount of baby powder on the inside of the case screen protector, mashing the case with the ports on the bottom open for air to escape. but, none of these have worked.

Some post I've read, say getting a non glare screen protector help resolve the problem, but no one has mentioned what type/brand, and the post were to old to try to ask.

I would really like to use this case, because it was the only waterproof case I could find with a belt clip.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
    How do you like the case? I was thinking about getting one.
    12-10-2013 12:41 PM
    I have the nuud and love it.

How do you like the case? I was thinking about getting one.

Sent from my iPhone/iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
    12-10-2013 02:39 PM
    I have the nuud and love it.

Seconded, have it and love it
    12-10-2013 03:15 PM
    i really like the Fre' case. It's very light, but is very well made. I did the water test ( I put a facial tissue inside to make sure ) and it did not leak. The previous screen protector I had on my phone was a Belkin, put it was a shiny one like the Zagg. I would highly recommend the Lifeproof case without hesitation. Plus, the sales associate at Best Buy said I had until January to return it, even if I used it.
    12-10-2013 11:23 PM
    i really like the Fre' case. It's very light, but is very well made. I did the water test ( I put a facial tissue inside to make sure ) and it did not leak. The previous screen protector I had on my phone was a Belkin, put it was a shiny one like the Zagg. I would highly recommend the Lifeproof case without hesitation. Plus, the sales associate at Best Buy said I had until January to return it, even if I used it.
    Call quality is good? Any oil slick effect?

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iMore Forums mobile app
    12-11-2013 03:01 AM
    Seems like you can get rid of it but placing the phone and case next to an AC unit for at least an hour or the fine baby powder. I tried the AC method and as of today have returned the case. Seems good but it's not for me. Can't deal with the swirls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    12-11-2013 03:38 AM
    Maybe you should try the nuud.

Seems like you can get rid of it but placing the phone and case next to an AC unit for at least an hour or the fine baby powder. I tried the AC method and as of today have returned the case. Seems good but it's not for me. Can't deal with the swirls.

12-11-2013 07:34 AM
    Call quality is good? Any oil slick effect?

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iMore Forums mobile app
    I had read about call quailty issues, and that was the real reason I was concerned about being able to return the case. However, I can hear who I'm talking too and they say they hear me good as well. But, I haven't tried speaker phone, because I just don't use it, but I think I will just to see. When I replaced my screen protector, with the anti-glare one, that completely did away with the oil slick, Newton Rings, etc.
    12-11-2013 12:01 PM
    Maybe you should try the nuud.

The only nuud model I saw at the store had a button over the home button and I'd like to keep the touch ID feature.
    Maybe the 5s nuud model is so new that it's not in stock?
    I'll wait some more and see what comes out.

12-11-2013 12:35 PM
    The nuud that I have works with Touch ID. I got it straight from LifeProof during one of their recent sales. I got the case, holster and water protection plan for under $100.

12-11-2013 12:39 PM
    The nuud that I have works with Touch ID. I got it straight from LifeProof during one of their recent sales. I got the case, holster and water protection plan for under $100.

That's a costly case.
    12-11-2013 01:27 PM
    $10 more than the fre

That's a costly case.
    12-11-2013 02:15 PM
    $10 more than the fre
    That's expensive too.
    12-11-2013 06:53 PM
    That's expensive too.
    Not for the protection you get.
    12-15-2013 05:52 PM
    Not for the protection you get.
    Maybe.

Sent from my iPhone 5S. The "S" is for sexy.
    12-19-2013 04:59 PM
    If u use a front and back protector is the case still water tight

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    01-07-2014 12:11 AM
    Hi everybody, I had the same problem(oil effect) with my lifeproof case for the 5s.
    What I did, I know this might sound crazy but what I did was put my iphone on my face so the grease I had in my face could be in the phone and then I rub the grease that was in my iphone with my finger and then put the case on.
    That solve the rainbow effect, at least in my case.
    Hope this work for everybody.
    01-29-2014 06:25 PM
    Using a Lifeproof Fre' with a screen protector-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1393382294.217563.jpg
    Thought you guys might like this wallpaper.

Sent from my GOLD iPhone 5s using iMore Forums app
    zerog46 likes this.
    02-25-2014 09:38 PM