So, my Smart Cover isn't aligning wrong. I can go back and exchange it but have a few concerns. Also, this is my 3rd iPad Air and will be getting my 4th due to this issue.

Up until know I have just taken everything back and got a new one, but my last visit I decided to capitalise on Black Friday and went from 64Gb to 128Gb. So know I don't think I can do that as I payed less than what it is actually selling for.

So just take it to the Genius Bar, you say, but I've only had this iPad a few days and will be quite annoyed if I get a refurbished one.

So, my questions are;

1. Will they exchange it anyway and make up the difference?
    2. If not, will the Genius Bar give me a new one or refurbished one?
    3. Does anyone have a link or can just explain to me Apple's process for refurbishing devices for use at the genius bar? I have read there information on products being sold as refurbished but not sure if that will be a different processes.

As you can tell, I'm kinda annoyed. The iPad Air is amazing but every device I've had has had a problem so far (creaking noise with the first, same but not as loud noise with the second -so wasn't that bothered about it but then went for more storage anyway- and know this problem, plus, possible screen issues but not sure if they just in my head and/or error with videos I'm watching).

Thanks in advance for your help.
    12-02-2013 01:27 PM
    I don't think they even have any refurbished models yet. I'm taking mine back due to screen issues. They had to order a replacement and the worker said it was coming new from the factory.

2012 21" iMac
    2012 11" MacBook Air
    16 GB Space Gray AT&T iPhone 5s
    16 GB Space Gray AT&T iPad Air
    12-02-2013 03:54 PM
    Dang.... are they putting something in the water these days? SMH.

To the OP... it is extremely likely that there aren’t any refurbs at this point. And even if there are, they’ve been completely redone by Apple, so what’s the worry? You’ll probably find a reason to exchange the new one anyway...

And what do you mean by "my Smart Cover isn't aligning wrong"? Is it aligning correctly? #confused

One would think a "Master Jedi" would be able to figure this stuff out. Try using the Force, next time.
    12-02-2013 04:03 PM
    Ahh ok, will keep that in mind. Booked a Genius Bar appointment for when I get back from holiday but will go in early anyway and see if they will just swap it out, being it was a manufacture fault that's been there since day one.
    12-03-2013 03:02 PM
    Ok, it wasn't that hard to understand, I typed in a hurry and didn't pick that up in my proof reading.

Yes I would be annoyed if it was a refurbished unit as I just brought it brand new. You don't have a fault with your car, take it back and they go, 'Oh, sorry, our bad. Here, have another one that's been brought back hot we've fixed.'

And if it works like it's meant too I won't take it back. It's a amazing device, but I just seem to be getting dud ones. Normal for a new release. I'll stop complaining when it works properly. I know it's not the biggest of issues, but I use the iPad all the time (it is my computer) and so both want and need to work without hassle.
    12-03-2013 03:07 PM
    So, my Smart Cover isn't aligning wrong. I can go back and exchange it but have a few concerns. Also, this is my 3rd iPad Air and will be getting my 4th due to this issue.

Up until know I have just taken everything back and got a new one, but my last visit I decided to capitalise on Black Friday and went from 64Gb to 128Gb. So know I don't think I can do that as I payed less than what it is actually selling for.

So just take it to the Genius Bar, you say, but I've only had this iPad a few days and will be quite annoyed if I get a refurbished one.

So, my questions are;

1. Will they exchange it anyway and make up the difference?
    2. If not, will the Genius Bar give me a new one or refurbished one?
    3. Does anyone have a link or can just explain to me Apple's process for refurbishing devices for use at the genius bar? I have read there information on products being sold as refurbished but not sure if that will be a different processes.

As you can tell, I'm kinda annoyed. The iPad Air is amazing but every device I've had has had a problem so far (creaking noise with the first, same but not as loud noise with the second -so wasn't that bothered about it but then went for more storage anyway- and know this problem, plus, possible screen issues but not sure if they just in my head and/or error with videos I'm watching).

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Just take it in if it's only been a couple days they will give you a new one if they try not too then ask them for a new one as you just bought it
    12-03-2013 03:33 PM
    Refurbished in Apple terms is not what other companies use as refurbished. In Apple terms the iPad Air you are bringing back after 2 or 3 days is sent in to be reviewed and anything faulty is replaced. They can't sell it as brand new because it's been used so it's labelled as refurbished. It's the same as buying a brand new car but returning it to the dealership after two days because it pulls to the right. They will get an alignment done and put the car back up for sale but they obviously can't bill it as brand new. It is as close to brand new as you can get after only being used for two days though right.
    12-03-2013 04:39 PM
    You're going to take your iPad back to the store because the Smart Cover isn't aligning correctly? Do you think that maybe it's your Smart Cover?

I've had a iPhone replaced and because it was new they gave me a new phone. Actually, it's happened twice; but even if it was refurbished, you couldn't tell. I wouldn't like buying a new device, it's not working properly, and get stuck with a refurbished unit.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    Last edited by EmceeGeek; 12-04-2013 at 11:07 PM.
    12-04-2013 10:56 PM
    Thread moved to the Accessories forum for better exposure.
    12-05-2013 05:15 AM
    You're going to take your iPad back to the store because the Smart Cover isn't aligning correctly? Do you think that maybe it's your Smart Cover?

I've had a iPhone replaced and because it was new they gave me a new phone. Actually, it's happened twice; but even if it was refurbished, you couldn't tell. I wouldn't like buying a new device, it's not working properly, and get stuck with a refurbished unit.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    No, because the Smart Cover has worked fine with the other Airs I had.
    12-09-2013 10:01 AM