Are screen protectors actually worth it?

meashishnd

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
if u don't like or not want to use case on iphone than you have to put screen protector on both side safe from scratch on ur gorgeous iPhone.

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I cannot enjoy my phones and tablets without screen protectors. I need to know there's a good chance of keeping them in new "pure" condition.

Sent from my liberated titanium 5s 32

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
IMHO, the Zagg GLASS is MUCH better than the Zagg Invisible HD. The price tag is worth it

To me there's no comparison between tempered glass and the Zagg ISHD. ISHD is nice but glass is much much nicer. I'm prolly going upgrade the ISHD on my Air and rMini to zNitro glass.

Sent from my liberated Titanium iPad Air LTE 

nason54

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I used to always get ZAGG screen protectors for my new devices all the time. It does it's job and protects your screen. In that case, yes it is worth it. This time around, I haven't really gotten one and the reason eludes me.

Still when I get the iPhone 6, I will definitely put a glass protector.

Then again, my iPhone 5, is still looking good as new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RicanMedic78

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Spigen shields are much higher quality than Zaggs shields. Very worth it if u ask me.

Last edited:

agalaria

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I have never used a case or screen protector. iPhones are made with lot of attention and care. No point trying to cover the wonderful design or to put screen protector. I don't see any issues without them.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I've used both cases and screen protectors but I always end up ceaseless. Still have my screen protector on though!

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Zagg glass screen protectors are the best around and have them for all three of my iPhones. You can't even tell they are on there so why not.

Oliver Telfor

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I have never used a case or screen protector. iPhones are made with lot of attention and care. No point trying to cover the wonderful design or to put screen protector. I don't see any issues without them.

What happens if you drop it though?

I used to hate the idea of a screen protector - then I smashed my phone and all of a sudden I loved the idea of a screen protector.

Even if you are careful don't you worry that you might drop it or get it damaged?

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm not completely convinced that screen protectors are worth it. My wife, who is pretty rough with her mobile devices, doesn't have a screen protector, just a case and her screen looks pretty good after having the phone for 6 months. I have seen her throw her phone into her purse, drop it numerous times, I have found it in between car seats and under the sofa. Even outside in the back yard. And the screen still looks good.

Sent from my iPad Air using iMore Forums

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm a fan of screen protectors. Last week I got a replacement phone so I've gone a week without one. I absolutely loved the way the screen felt but I was nervous so I picked up a Zagg Glass and I love it!

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iMore Forums

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm a fan of screen protectors. Last week I got a replacement phone so I've gone a week without one. I absolutely loved the way the screen felt but I was nervous so I picked up a Zagg Glass and I love it!

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iMore Forums

A Zagg Glass is definitely the way to go!

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Just got my first glass screen protector today from Skinomi......absolutely love the feeling and can understand why everyone praises them. I have always used the PET-based plastic ones since I just do not like not having something protector my screen, but man, after a few minutes with the glass ones, I am never going to back to plastic.

Alex_Hong

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I think so. Especially when glass screen protectors are pretty cheap these days. I can get a good quality one under $10 where I live. To me it's better to be safe than sorry. I have seen iPhones without screen protectors with scratches on screen. The glass is scratch resistance but not scratch proof. It's cheaper and easier to replace the screen protector than the actual glass on the phone.

Yossi12

May 21, 2014
Visit site
I got a glass screen protector for my new iPod touch. It's amazing. I sometimes forget it's there!

Last edited:

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I don't enjoy using screen protectors. They take away from the experience of the device, in MY opinion. But, to each their own.