Who makes the best case for the iPhone 5s? I have to admit, I usually end up going with the 'default' Apple-made cases and covers... but there's a whole world of cases out there (you should see them at CES). In your opinion, what's the best case out there for the iPhone 5s?
    11-22-2013 09:36 AM
    I have three cases for my iPhone 5S.

Lifeproof (sans TouchID support)
    Otterbox Commuter
    iPhone 5 shell case (Apple)

The shell case is my favorite because of its snug fit and access to TouchID. The Lifeproof is protection on steroids but without TouchID (which I use) it's limiting. The Commuter case was very disappointing by comparison as it is simply too cheap and the flaps for the headphone and Lightning ports didn't rest inside the case like other cases I have used did.
    11-22-2013 09:41 AM
    Thread moved to the Accessories forum for better exposure.
    11-22-2013 10:05 AM
    I like my Tech 21 case, probably because I know it'll protect me when I'm out and might be active.

Lifeproof has been my favorite case since the iPhone 4s, and I haven't liked otterbox since. I am always drawn to this case. I'm currently waiting for either more colors to become available for the 5s or for the nuud case that they have. This case is self-explanatory.

Speck! I have owned over 10 speck candyshell cases since the iPhone 3G, I LOVE those cases! I'm currently waiting for them to send me a replacement, because I can't wait to pop it onto my 5s. ☺️ Their cases have saved me so much over the years.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    11-22-2013 11:48 AM
    Really like the Otter Box Commuter. Great protection and tough as nails!
    11-22-2013 08:49 PM
    There really is no best case when you think about it. It all comes down to personal preference I think. The only case i'll ever use is Speck...currently using a Speck Candyshell.
    11-22-2013 11:56 PM
    There really is no best case when you think about it. It all comes down to personal preference I think. The only case i'll ever use is Speck...currently using a Speck Candyshell.
    Agreed. I have spent a lot of money on cases throughout owning phones and I can never find one that quite as perfect. Right now I'm just using a black leather Apple case with the screen protector.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    11-23-2013 10:34 AM
    question about the Spigen Neo Hybrid.. I am really thinking about getting this case for my 5s to swap out with my brown Apple case, but my question is.. Will the Neo Hybrid work with a glass screen protector? I have the Bodyguardz Pure Screen protector on my 5s and do not plan on taking it off..
    11-25-2013 12:00 AM
    question about the Spigen Neo Hybrid.. I am really thinking about getting this case for my 5s to swap out with my brown Apple case, but my question is.. Will the Neo Hybrid work with a glass screen protector? I have the Bodyguardz Pure Screen protector on my 5s and do not plan on taking it off..
    Yes it works, I used a tempered glass screen protector along with my neo hybrid on my s4. Plan to do the same thing with my 5s.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    11-25-2013 01:40 AM
    No such thing as a perfect case...

Lunatic taktik strike as the heavy duty bruiser. Best looking protective case IMO.

And the apple leather case for when you want a slimmer option.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    11-25-2013 10:06 PM
    No such thing as a perfect case...

Lunatic taktik strike as the heavy duty bruiser. Best looking protective case IMO.

And the apple leather case for when you want a slimmer option.
    I'm partial to Speck cases and I love the Apple case, but as Larry said there's no perfect one. It all depends on what you prefer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11-25-2013 10:25 PM
    I have a Speck candy shell for my 5S but I'm thinking of switching to a Spigen Tough Armor. Does anyone have one? What are the pros and cons and do any of their glass protectors work with touch id? Thanks.
    BERRYNOID likes this.
    11-26-2013 01:14 AM
    I really like the Apple leather case. I have the black one to go with my space grey iPhone. To me, the Apple case is perfect it fits perfectly, has a great feel, and looks really good.
    11-26-2013 01:24 AM
    My Oakley case is my favorite out of about the 15 I own and 10 or so I have owned and returned.
    11-26-2013 06:58 PM
    I like the apple leather case a lot, I just purchased the element solace in red for my 5s
    12-05-2013 02:06 PM
    I have a tech 21 smoke case I grabbed at the apple store and I have a black mophie juicepack air. The mophie is my main but when I want something slim, light, and good looking I throw on the tech 21
    12-05-2013 02:38 PM
    I have a tech 21 smoke case I grabbed at the apple store and I have a black mophie juicepack air. The mophie is my main but when I want something slim, light, and good looking I throw on the tech 21
    I didn't like the way the Tech 21 looked in the pictures. Is it much different in person? I liked the one I had on my Galaxy Note 3 though.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iMore Forums mobile app
    12-06-2013 12:53 PM
    BEST case?? I'm not sure there is a BEST case for ME, it really depends on the day and what I'm doing. For Business, I like the quality leather flip case, for times I'm away from the ability to charge, I like my Mophie battery case....like I said it depends on the day
    12-06-2013 01:54 PM
    BEST case?? I'm not sure there is a BEST case for ME, it really depends on the day and what I'm doing. For Business, I like the quality leather flip case, for times I'm away from the ability to charge, I like my Mophie battery case....like I said it depends on the day
    Well said at the end of the day the best case is the one you have on 😀

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB
    Spencerdl likes this.
    12-06-2013 01:59 PM
    I didn't like the way the Tech 21 looked in the pictures. Is it much different in person? I liked the one I had on my Galaxy Note 3 though.

I really like it a lot, when looking from the front at the screen you can't really see the orange all that much, it's mostly hidden by the smoked black color. If you look at the case from the sides the orange is very bright and looks great, it gives a really cool looking effect. shows off the colors to other people looking at your case but doesn't distract you while using the phone... I love it and adds a ton of protection in a small form factor.
    12-06-2013 04:29 PM
    Spigen for me and I find elago is very beautiful its alumunium but its open in top and below

Best Case for the iPhone 5s?-image.jpg
    12-06-2013 04:52 PM
    Just got the OEM Apple leather case a week ago! And i have to tell you It's the best case i got for my iPhone so far!

The good:
    - Perfect protection.
    - Elegant.
    - Very light.
    - Provides a good grip.

The bad:
    -Bright colors get dirty quickly.
    -Leather can get scuffed or scratched if put with keys or other sharp edged objects.

I myself have the black version. So i don't see any changes on the case! Cheers 🍻

iPhone 5s 📱 using Tapatalk
    blambtn likes this.
    12-06-2013 08:33 PM
    I want to get the brown leather oem case soon.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using iMore Forums mobile app
    12-06-2013 08:49 PM
    Just got the OEM Apple leather case a week ago! And i have to tell you It's the best case i got for my iPhone so far!

The good:
    - Perfect protection.
    - Elegant.
    - Very light.
    - Provides a good grip.

The bad:
    -Bright colors get dirty quickly.
    -Leather can get scuffed or scratched if put with keys or other sharp edged objects.

I myself have the black version. So i don't see any changes on the case! Cheers 🍻

iPhone 5s 📱 using Tapatalk
    It does scuff rather easily. But on the black it doesn't look that bad.

blambtn likes this.
    12-07-2013 05:00 PM
    I got the brown Apple leather case when I purchased my 5s, but after I got home I didn't care to much for it. I'm taking it back. I'm glad the people who have that case are happy with it.
    blambtn likes this.
    12-07-2013 06:14 PM
49 12