Best Case for the iPhone 5s?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Who makes the best case for the iPhone 5s? I have to admit, I usually end up going with the 'default' Apple-made cases and covers... but there's a whole world of cases out there (you should see them at CES). In your opinion, what's the best case out there for the iPhone 5s?

wamsille

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
I have three cases for my iPhone 5S.

Lifeproof (sans TouchID support)
Otterbox Commuter
iPhone 5 shell case (Apple)

The shell case is my favorite because of its snug fit and access to TouchID. The Lifeproof is protection on steroids but without TouchID (which I use) it's limiting. The Commuter case was very disappointing by comparison as it is simply too cheap and the flaps for the headphone and Lightning ports didn't rest inside the case like other cases I have used did.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I like my Tech 21 case, probably because I know it'll protect me when I'm out and might be active.

Lifeproof has been my favorite case since the iPhone 4s, and I haven't liked otterbox since. I am always drawn to this case. I'm currently waiting for either more colors to become available for the 5s or for the nuud case that they have. This case is self-explanatory.

Speck! I have owned over 10 speck candyshell cases since the iPhone 3G, I LOVE those cases! I'm currently waiting for them to send me a replacement, because I can't wait to pop it onto my 5s. ☺️ Their cases have saved me so much over the years.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Danny8200

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
There really is no best case when you think about it. It all comes down to personal preference I think. The only case i'll ever use is Speck...currently using a Speck Candyshell.

barrcuda70

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
There really is no best case when you think about it. It all comes down to personal preference I think. The only case i'll ever use is Speck...currently using a Speck Candyshell.

Agreed. I have spent a lot of money on cases throughout owning phones and I can never find one that quite as perfect. Right now I'm just using a black leather Apple case with the screen protector.

SMELTN

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
question about the Spigen Neo Hybrid.. I am really thinking about getting this case for my 5s to swap out with my brown Apple case, but my question is.. Will the Neo Hybrid work with a glass screen protector? I have the Bodyguardz Pure Screen protector on my 5s and do not plan on taking it off..

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
question about the Spigen Neo Hybrid.. I am really thinking about getting this case for my 5s to swap out with my brown Apple case, but my question is.. Will the Neo Hybrid work with a glass screen protector? I have the Bodyguardz Pure Screen protector on my 5s and do not plan on taking it off..

Yes it works, I used a tempered glass screen protector along with my neo hybrid on my s4. Plan to do the same thing with my 5s.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Larry Pager

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
No such thing as a perfect case...

Lunatic taktik strike as the heavy duty bruiser. Best looking protective case IMO.

And the apple leather case for when you want a slimmer option.

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
No such thing as a perfect case...

Lunatic taktik strike as the heavy duty bruiser. Best looking protective case IMO.

And the apple leather case for when you want a slimmer option.

I'm partial to Speck cases and I love the Apple case, but as Larry said there's no perfect one. It all depends on what you prefer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aztek13

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I have a Speck candy shell for my 5S but I'm thinking of switching to a Spigen Tough Armor. Does anyone have one? What are the pros and cons and do any of their glass protectors work with touch id? Thanks.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I really like the Apple leather case. I have the black one to go with my space grey iPhone. To me, the Apple case is perfect it fits perfectly, has a great feel, and looks really good.

taylorz_412

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I have a tech 21 smoke case I grabbed at the apple store and I have a black mophie juicepack air. The mophie is my main but when I want something slim, light, and good looking I throw on the tech 21

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I have a tech 21 smoke case I grabbed at the apple store and I have a black mophie juicepack air. The mophie is my main but when I want something slim, light, and good looking I throw on the tech 21

I didn't like the way the Tech 21 looked in the pictures. Is it much different in person? I liked the one I had on my Galaxy Note 3 though.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iMore Forums mobile app

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
BEST case?? I'm not sure there is a BEST case for ME, it really depends on the day and what I'm doing. For Business, I like the quality leather flip case, for times I'm away from the ability to charge, I like my Mophie battery case....like I said it depends on the day

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
BEST case?? I'm not sure there is a BEST case for ME, it really depends on the day and what I'm doing. For Business, I like the quality leather flip case, for times I'm away from the ability to charge, I like my Mophie battery case....like I said it depends on the day

Well said at the end of the day the best case is the one you have on 😀

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

taylorz_412

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I didn't like the way the Tech 21 looked in the pictures. Is it much different in person? I liked the one I had on my Galaxy Note 3 though.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iMore Forums mobile app

I really like it a lot, when looking from the front at the screen you can't really see the orange all that much, it's mostly hidden by the smoked black color. If you look at the case from the sides the orange is very bright and looks great, it gives a really cool looking effect. shows off the colors to other people looking at your case but doesn't distract you while using the phone... I love it and adds a ton of protection in a small form factor.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods