Let's see your iPhone 5S case

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
After having my black leather Apple case for about two months, I must say that it is a really awesome case. I have gotten a couple if scuffs here and there and they seem to disappear over time. It feels really good in the hand and it keeps the slim profile. It is really worth the money.

Sent from my iPhone 5S. The "S" is for sexy.

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
u4upehug.jpg
Why do they make the camera cut-out for a lot of iP5/s so big that aluminum is exposed (and can be scratched)? I had to put a Zagg Invisible Shield on it to be sure.

Sent from one of my phones

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/23/u4upehug.jpg Why do they make the camera cut-out for a lot of iP5/s so big that aluminum is exposed (and can be scratched)? I had to put a Zagg Invisible Shield on it to be sure.

I've been wondering the same thing, and it really comes into play when I choose a case. I try and stay away from the large camera opening cases, but I do have one in my USMC Dress Blues 5s case

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I've been wondering the same thing, and it really comes into play when I choose a case. I try and stay away from the large camera opening cases, but I do have one in my USMC Dress Blues 5s case

It was annoying but nothing Zagg can't counter. I think they just do it to try to be cute. ...like seeing that little bit of exposed skin is sexy or something.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
It was annoying but nothing Zagg can't counter. I think they just do it to try to be cute. ...like seeing that little bit of exposed skin is sexy or something.

LOL, Yeah I also have a Zagg HD Invisible Shield on fromt and back (just in case I want to go naked) ....SMILE

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Why do they make the camera cut-out for a lot of iP5/s so big that aluminum is exposed (and can be scratched)? I had to put a Zagg Invisible Shield on it to be sure.

They do that to insure the flash does not reelect on the case when taking pictures. The first cases when the 5S was released had these problems so they made that cut out much bigger. The plastic would give pictures odd colors.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
They do that to insure the flash does not reelect on the case when taking pictures. The first cases when the 5S was released had these problems so they made that cut out much bigger. The plastic would give pictures odd colors.

So whats different now, All of my cases have "normal' camera slot openings except one and the pictures do not have odd colors. As far back as I can tell with the cases labeled "for 5/5s" some have large opening and some don't. I'm not to sure about your therory.

Last edited:

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
That Spigen Saturn is a nice looking case but the top and bottom of the phone are exposed...and vulnerable to scratches.

@John Yester. I also have the Apple leather case as well as the BodyGuardz tempered glass screen protector. It's a combo that works well for me.

Sent from my iridium 64GB 5s

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeahps

Sent from my liberated plutonium 5s 64

Nice - thanks! I have the impact mesh in smoke. It's an older one though with one big cutout and Tech 21 offered to send me an updated case with the 3 smaller cutouts. They were out of smoke and are send me a clear. Didn't know if I'd like it but that looks great!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR