Hi,

I recently purchased this case through a promotion AT&T was having and....

Is this case supposed to sleep/wake the iPad? I'm using the keyboard case and it's pretty cool, but I do not see a toggle switch in settings for the Sleep/Wake function. I recall on my older iPad 3 the option was enabled once the SmartCover was on.

?
    11-08-2013 06:05 PM
    The Smart Cover works on magnets and that what turns on the screen. I don't think keyboard cases do this.
    11-08-2013 06:38 PM
    looks like an interesting case, but im not thinking it has that function.
    11-08-2013 07:34 PM
    I don't have this specific case, but I've had several keyboard cases over the years, and they all worked with the magnetic automatic sleep/wake function.

Are you sure you have iPad inserted in the correct orientation? I think the home button should be on the right when inserted for the magnets to catch.
    11-12-2013 09:28 PM
    Disregard my last. Just watched a review online. Apparently the only time the keyboard recognizes the iPad is in use is when you open it, and "dock" it to prepare typing on it.

I'm curious if it will turn the iPad on if it's asleep. Have you tried that? With the iPad in sleep mode, open the case, and dock the iPad into one of the magnetic catches. Does that wake it up? If not, I guess that particular case does not make use of the sleep/wake function on the iPad.
    11-12-2013 09:33 PM
    It wakes up the tablet when it's "docked" onto the keyboard magnets on one of three different viewing angles. There's also a dedicated key for waking up and sleeping the iPad when the keyboard is being used. The only thing I don't see is the iPad doesn't go to sleep when the keyboard is folded and shut to cover the screen.

Great keyboard nonetheless.
    11-13-2013 01:53 PM
    It looked like a great keyboard case. I just received my Newtrent Airbender 2.0 today. It only narrowly beat out your case, mostly because of price. I think I like it. It's pretty different. I kinda like the simplicity of the Ultimate Case, though. I may buy that one too and return the one I don't like.
    11-13-2013 10:49 PM
    I have the Qode and I will say that on the whole it is an awesome keyboard case, but it has a weird key layout on the right side. I really didn't like it because I would get used to using the keyboard and then when I would go to a more traditional keyboard layout I would struggle to type correctly.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    03-05-2014 10:51 AM
    Ya I would have to say that this is a really nice keyboard case. Had one for my iPad 2 and now have one for my iPad Air. There is a bit of glitch with the Air but I am hoping that with a new update it will be taken care of. I would recommend this keyboard. Although I am looking forward to getting my hand on the new one coming out from iGear. It has the swivel. They have it right now for the Mini but the Air one will be out towards the end of March. It will have a lit keyboard and a stylus holder. Right now it is priced at $129.00. Llittle salty.
    03-05-2014 07:11 PM
    I ended up getting rid of the Belkin and went to a Zagg keyboard case with a backlit keyboard. I used that for a few months, but just couldn't stand the how awkwardly unbalanced it was all the time. So I recently bought the Anker keyboard case and I will have to say that they keyboard case is phenomenal. And one of the best things about it is that I case use it in portrait mode as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    06-08-2014 01:31 AM
    I have a pretty sweet setup. I had the Zagg Folio Keys case and although I really liked it, I decided to go in another direction. I got the Apple keyboard and bought a Belkin stand. The combination is awesome. I only need the keyboard and stand when I'm at the office. Then at the end of the day, I can just pick up my iPad from the stand and use it for a multimedia device when I'm at home. It gives me the best of all worlds.

Sent from my iPad Air using iMore Forums
    08-13-2014 03:06 PM