Smart Case or the Smart Cover for the Air?

BenitoC

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I have the blue cover and I really like that the magnetic attachment is now covered so it won't scratch the case over time.

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I have the blue cover and I really like that the magnetic attachment is now covered so it won't scratch the case over time.
Same here, I was just going to mention that. :)

I love the cover for everyday use but I would still need to get a case for when I travel. I have looked at a few but I am thinking there is going to be a ton more choices in a month or so.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site

Bigchris

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Got the brown smart case for the Air, kept it a day and I'm returning it. I just didn't care for the thickness of the case, the crease in the fold, how the cover was actually off by a little on the screen. Ultimately, it came down to me enjoying how the Air felt with out the case, and how I was able to hold it. Just a preference, I'm going for the Red Smart Cover instead.

anon(2254645)

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I bought the brown case but after seeing pictures of the red case I think I'll be exchanging it later this week. The red looks so good with the space grey! I have no problems with the case at all. The added "bulk" is negligible IMO. I'd rather have the added protection the case affords than a very slight reduction in weight. The smart case is probably as slim and light as it's going to get, and since I travel with my iPad a lot, for me it's a no-brainer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

dianahk

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Makes me rethink the smart case for the mini. I actually have one for my 3 but it has none of the issues you all are pointing out.

I picked up the smart case for my mini and love it. I had the Smart Cover and liked it, but it would easily come off. Since I am keeping my mini longer I wanted a bit more protect. I am very happy with it.

bigdad84

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, I wouldn't get either, I've played with the Smart Case at the store, and have owned a Smart Cover. The Smart Cover I had, didn't seem to want to stay closed with the magnet, it would come open while carrying it upside down. If you're in the market for a case or something, I would honestly just recommend a sleeve. Something to slip your iPad in and out of, while you're not using it.

Thetaman

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Anyone know if there is really a difference between the Product (RED) smart cover sold by Apple vs the Red Smart Cover from Best Buy? Are they really the same?

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
IMHO Here is how Apple should fit the Smart Case Cover together...
With only 3 sections it's the only way it hold in place.

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1383885127.974723.jpg
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1383885142.899987.jpg
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1383885156.534827.jpg

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I bought the Smart Cover. I really like it. I had the smart case for my iPad 4 and I didn't like it that much. Plus, the smart case is $40 more. That's a little too steep for my pockets.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I have a Smart Cover and like it a lot more than I thought I would. I have a Belkin case on the back too and it has a perfect cut-out on the side for the Smart Cover hinge. I like the ability to take off the cover mad still have some back protection. This is something the Smart Case doesn't allow, since its cover isn't removable.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Blue smart cover for a Space Grey iPad Air.

I like it lots because it is barely noticeable when you use it, and lets you keep the profile of the device.

(Finally figured out there's no reason to hide the iPad underneath a big case, as it takes away from its beauty/convenience. Got AppleCare+ for accidents.)

hearmeoutx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I picked up a Smart Case, and I have every intention of returning it before my return date. The reason I am opting to do so is the price. It came to $85 with taxes. If they had a cheaper $39.99 version, I would be keeping the case. It does offer great protection, but I just can't justify the cost of the case. I will find something just as good for at least half the price of this case if not even cheaper than that!

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I picked up a Smart Case, and I have every intention of returning it before my return date. The reason I am opting to do so is the price. It came to $85 with taxes. If they had a cheaper $39.99 version, I would be keeping the case. It does offer great protection, but I just can't justify the cost of the case. I will find something just as good for at least half the price of this case if not even cheaper than that!
Those were my intentions as well but the more I used it the more I liked it. So instead of returning my cover, I got the matching blue Apple case for my phone as well.

Go figure. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I was thinking of getting a keyboard case for my iPad Air, but I decided to go with the Smart Case and I was able to get an Apple keyboard to go with. I really like this set up. I just keep my keyboard at work when I really need to be productive and just use the Smart Cover everywhere else.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2