Smart Case or the Smart Cover for the Air?

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Got the smart case today and I will take it back tomorrow.
It doesn't work and add 152grams to the Air...
The front only have 3 sections instead of 4 and it doesn't hold...
Need to find a good case now...

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Makes me rethink the smart case for the mini. I actually have one for my 3 but it has none of the issues you all are pointing out.

MisterMe11

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Got the smart case today and I will take it back tomorrow.
It doesn't work and add 152grams to the Air...
The front only have 3 sections instead of 4 and it doesn't hold...
Need to find a good case now...

Where did you get the 152g figure? Is it posted somewhere, or did you weigh it? Apple store people didn't know and I didn't see it on the Apple web site.

I have the case. Not sure if I will keep it. I'm wondering if the joint between cover and case will last. Looks quite thin, and it has a fold at that point. I find it makes the volume buttons a bit harder to press.

venturin88

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
I picked up a Smart Cover and am really disappointed with it. It has issues keeping the iPad propped up at an angle, it keeps falling flat if you push to much on the iPad. Wish it was designed like the old ones, never had an issue with the one for my 3rd generation iPad.

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Where did you get the 152g figure? Is it posted somewhere, or did you weigh it? Apple store people didn't know and I didn't see it on the Apple web site.

I have the case. Not sure if I will keep it. I'm wondering if the joint between cover and case will last. Looks quite thin, and it has a fold at that point. I find it makes the volume buttons a bit harder to press.

I weight it myself with a kitchen scale that is quite precise.
I weight my iPad air wifi only 128G at 471g and apple stated that the same iPad air with only 16G is 469g.
So it 2g only for the memory chip of the 128g.

I will get the Smart Cover until I find a better full case.

qnet

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I guess I'm in the minority here, I really like the Smartcase. It fits much better than the previous smartcase for my Ipad 4, which fitted too loosely.

karmamule

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I went with a blue cover. I like using my iPad without anything on or attached to it, so the ease of removing/attaching the cover makes it an easy choice for me.

brijuhaha

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I picked up a Smart Cover and am really disappointed with it. It has issues keeping the iPad propped up at an angle, it keeps falling flat if you push to much on the iPad. Wish it was designed like the old ones, never had an issue with the one for my 3rd generation iPad.

Really? Is there any specific area of the screen when you push and it falls?

Haven't had any problem so far with it but we'll see

venturin88

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Really? Is there any specific area of the screen when you push and it falls?

Haven't had any problem so far with it but we'll see

Well after using it more through the day the issue I've found is the surface the iPad is on. When I was having issues it was while sitting on the bed so the surface isn't completely firm/flat. After moving to a table I no longer had a problem. Which is understandable that it may not work the best on a less then ideal surface but at the same time I used the previous generation smart covers on these same surfaces without issue. It just seems the previous generation covers were sturdier and less likely to roll flat then the new design for the air.

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Depends on if you care about aesthetics. Clip on case will show off the sides and back nicely, but expose it to chips, scratches, etc. The cover will protect it more, but cover the sides and back. So it depends on what you care more about.

Sent from my iPhone 5s on Verizon from Philly.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73