Got the smart case today and I will take it back tomorrow.
    It doesn't work and add 152grams to the Air...
    The front only have 3 sections instead of 4 and it doesn't hold...
    Need to find a good case now...
    11-01-2013 09:22 PM
    I bought the black Smart Cover with the space gray Air & love it.
    brijuhaha likes this.
    11-01-2013 10:01 PM
    Makes me rethink the smart case for the mini. I actually have one for my 3 but it has none of the issues you all are pointing out.
    11-01-2013 10:15 PM
    Got the smart case today and I will take it back tomorrow.
    It doesn't work and add 152grams to the Air...
    The front only have 3 sections instead of 4 and it doesn't hold...
    Need to find a good case now...
    Where did you get the 152g figure? Is it posted somewhere, or did you weigh it? Apple store people didn't know and I didn't see it on the Apple web site.

I have the case. Not sure if I will keep it. I'm wondering if the joint between cover and case will last. Looks quite thin, and it has a fold at that point. I find it makes the volume buttons a bit harder to press.
    11-01-2013 10:44 PM
    My girlfriend got the case. I got the cover

I now want the case. Haha
    11-01-2013 11:09 PM
    According to my kitchen scale, my new Apple Smart Case for the iPad Air weighs 142g - less than one-third pound.
    MisterMe11 likes this.
    11-02-2013 12:14 AM
    Plus i hear it adds almost a lb to it. Kinda defeats the purpose of an Air product.
    According to my kitchen scale, my new Apple Smart Case for the iPad Air weighs 142g - less than one-third pound.
    11-02-2013 12:16 AM
    I picked up a Smart Cover and am really disappointed with it. It has issues keeping the iPad propped up at an angle, it keeps falling flat if you push to much on the iPad. Wish it was designed like the old ones, never had an issue with the one for my 3rd generation iPad.
    11-02-2013 08:29 AM
    Where did you get the 152g figure? Is it posted somewhere, or did you weigh it? Apple store people didn't know and I didn't see it on the Apple web site.

I have the case. Not sure if I will keep it. I'm wondering if the joint between cover and case will last. Looks quite thin, and it has a fold at that point. I find it makes the volume buttons a bit harder to press.
    I weight it myself with a kitchen scale that is quite precise.
    I weight my iPad air wifi only 128G at 471g and apple stated that the same iPad air with only 16G is 469g.
    So it 2g only for the memory chip of the 128g.

I will get the Smart Cover until I find a better full case.
    MisterMe11 likes this.
    11-02-2013 02:16 PM
    I guess I'm in the minority here, I really like the Smartcase. It fits much better than the previous smartcase for my Ipad 4, which fitted too loosely.
    11-02-2013 02:25 PM
    I went with a blue cover. I like using my iPad without anything on or attached to it, so the ease of removing/attaching the cover makes it an easy choice for me.
    11-02-2013 03:51 PM
    . . . . . check out the Snugg leather case/cover. Had one for my iPad mini . . . worked great!
    11-02-2013 04:24 PM
    I picked up a Smart Cover and am really disappointed with it. It has issues keeping the iPad propped up at an angle, it keeps falling flat if you push to much on the iPad. Wish it was designed like the old ones, never had an issue with the one for my 3rd generation iPad.
    Really? Is there any specific area of the screen when you push and it falls?

Haven't had any problem so far with it but we'll see
    11-02-2013 05:02 PM
    Really? Is there any specific area of the screen when you push and it falls?

Haven't had any problem so far with it but we'll see
    Well after using it more through the day the issue I've found is the surface the iPad is on. When I was having issues it was while sitting on the bed so the surface isn't completely firm/flat. After moving to a table I no longer had a problem. Which is understandable that it may not work the best on a less then ideal surface but at the same time I used the previous generation smart covers on these same surfaces without issue. It just seems the previous generation covers were sturdier and less likely to roll flat then the new design for the air.
    11-03-2013 12:00 AM
    Depends on if you care about aesthetics. Clip on case will show off the sides and back nicely, but expose it to chips, scratches, etc. The cover will protect it more, but cover the sides and back. So it depends on what you care more about.

Sent from my iPhone 5s on Verizon from Philly.
    11-03-2013 12:42 AM
    I wish they had the leather cover for back only. Similar to the one for iPhone.
    That would rock... great idea.
    11-03-2013 01:19 AM
    I ended up getting one of these: Amazon.com: Poetic Slimline Case for Apple iPad Air (5th Generation iPad) Black (3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic): Computers & Accessories

I got the ipad 3 version for my father-in-law and it was pretty good. I'm hoping it will be just as amazing for the Air. Plus, it's 5 dollars!
    11-03-2013 02:36 AM
    I ended up getting one of these: Amazon.com: Poetic Slimline Case for Apple iPad Air (5th Generation iPad) Black (3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic): Computers & Accessories

I got the ipad 3 version for my father-in-law and it was pretty good. I'm hoping it will be just as amazing for the Air. Plus, it's 5 dollars!
    I ordered this too for my husband.
    11-03-2013 07:15 AM
    I have the blue cover and I really like that the magnetic attachment is now covered so it won't scratch the case over time.
    11-03-2013 08:39 AM
    I have the blue cover and I really like that the magnetic attachment is now covered so it won't scratch the case over time.
    Same here, I was just going to mention that.

I love the cover for everyday use but I would still need to get a case for when I travel. I have looked at a few but I am thinking there is going to be a ton more choices in a month or so.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    11-03-2013 09:32 AM

I had a Poetic during my VERY brief stint with the Nexus 7. They make nice stuff.
    CDG likes this.
    11-03-2013 10:17 AM
    Looked at the Modal cases at BB, anyone use them or know about the quality and fit of these?

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    11-03-2013 03:38 PM
    Got the brown smart case for the Air, kept it a day and I'm returning it. I just didn't care for the thickness of the case, the crease in the fold, how the cover was actually off by a little on the screen. Ultimately, it came down to me enjoying how the Air felt with out the case, and how I was able to hold it. Just a preference, I'm going for the Red Smart Cover instead.
    11-03-2013 04:28 PM
    I bought the brown case but after seeing pictures of the red case I think I'll be exchanging it later this week. The red looks so good with the space grey! I have no problems with the case at all. The added "bulk" is negligible IMO. I'd rather have the added protection the case affords than a very slight reduction in weight. The smart case is probably as slim and light as it's going to get, and since I travel with my iPad a lot, for me it's a no-brainer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    11-03-2013 05:51 PM
    Makes me rethink the smart case for the mini. I actually have one for my 3 but it has none of the issues you all are pointing out.
    I picked up the smart case for my mini and love it. I had the Smart Cover and liked it, but it would easily come off. Since I am keeping my mini longer I wanted a bit more protect. I am very happy with it.
    11-03-2013 07:34 PM
66 123