iPhone 5S LifeProof Frē Case

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm happy that the LifeProof case is finally available for the iPhone 5S! Thought I'd share that with you all. I was hoping that there would be a n??d case right off the bat, because the picture that they posted linking you to the "sign me up" page has the new 5S color phones but the case was clear like the iPhone 5's n??d case.

LifeProof Frē Link

15q92s8.jpg

---------
The most advanced phone technology led to the iPhone 5s. And, the most advanced case technology led to this — frē for iPhone 5s. Thinner, lighter, stronger and more protective than any case available, frē keeps your iPhone 5s waterproof, dirt proof, snow proof and drop proof, so you can live LifeProof.

frē protects your iPhone’s brilliant Retina display with an integrated scratch protector, and goes one further by providing full access to the Touch ID function. No other case on the market offers this level of precision protection and full functionality.

Along with the completely operational Touch ID and touchscreen, every iPhone 5s feature works seamlessly with frē — camera, flash, buttons, microphones and speakers. The slim profile barely adds to your iPhone’s sleek silhouette and precision lines. And, the clear case back highlights Apple’s brilliant design.

Attachments

• 1381894_759375134088102_1007233994_n.jpg
    1381894_759375134088102_1007233994_n.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 158

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
It's adds a 16th of an inch to the iPhone I believe ... It's pretty damn thin and I ordered mine a few hours ago ... Now I can keep my 5S completely dirt and diet free and sell it for a premium next year 😉 lol

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iMore Forums mobile app

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm happy that the LifeProof case is finally available for the iPhone 5S! Thought I'd share that with you all. I was hoping that there would be a n??d case right off the bat, because the picture that they posted linking you to the "sign me up" page has the new 5S color phones but the case was clear like the iPhone 5's n??d case.

LifeProof Frē Link

http://i41.tinypic.com/15q92s8.jpg
---------
The most advanced phone technology led to the iPhone 5s. And, the most advanced case technology led to this — frē for iPhone 5s. Thinner, lighter, stronger and more protective than any case available, frē keeps your iPhone 5s waterproof, dirt proof, snow proof and drop proof, so you can live LifeProof.

frē protects your iPhone’s brilliant Retina display with an integrated scratch protector, and goes one further by providing full access to the Touch ID function. No other case on the market offers this level of precision protection and full functionality.

Along with the completely operational Touch ID and touchscreen, every iPhone 5s feature works seamlessly with frē — camera, flash, buttons, microphones and speakers. The slim profile barely adds to your iPhone’s sleek silhouette and precision lines. And, the clear case back highlights Apple’s brilliant design.

WHY IS IT IN THE SAME FONT AS THE Palm Prē?!!!

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
No problem. I moved this thread to the Accessories forum for you. That looks like a strong case, however, it is too bulky for me.

I've never looked at this case as bulky. Seems fairly thin for a protective case of its kind. It's nothing compared to otterbox or other waterproof cases.

It's adds a 16th of an inch to the iPhone I believe ... It's pretty damn thin and I ordered mine a few hours ago ... Now I can keep my 5S completely dirt and diet free and sell it for a premium next year 😉 lol

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iMore Forums mobile app

That's what I like to hear! Let us know what you think. I'm very interested as to how the Touch ID will work with this case!

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Surely voice and audio is be negatives just like past cases...

I do like the look and feel of the LifeProof. But some function you think could be improved on with still offering protection

JOEY NEAT

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
I received the 5S LifeProof Fre case on friday. It is no different then the Iphone 5 Fre case except having the capability of access to the fingerprint reader. I would say it reads my print about 75% of the time. There's a thin membrane over the reader. I went into settings and added a finger with the case on to see if that helps, I'll update this post accordingly.

JDabney

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I received the 5S LifeProof Fre case on friday. It is no different then the Iphone 5 Fre case except having the capability of access to the fingerprint reader. I would say it reads my print about 75% of the time. There's a thin membrane over the reader. I went into settings and added a finger with the case on to see if that helps, I'll update this post accordingly.

I found that the trick to get your print to read 100% of the time is to press a little harder and more firm on the finger print reader. Not to the point of depressing the home button, but a noticeable press of the finger on the reader. Works for me everytime. Also make sure to add fingerprints before installing the case. Hope this helps! Loving the case!

dustlane

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I have the "5S compatible" case and it seems like the flash is a little obstructed. The cases available in the store that say "5S compatible" are different from the cases Lifeproof pictures on their website. On the site the camera and flash openings are about the same size. I seem to get the flash directed to the lower half of my pics. Looks like this case will have to go back until the actual 5S case becomes available. Unless the Otterbox Preserver beats Lifeproof to stores.

JOEY NEAT

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
In the video link in this thread the case in the video has the headphone jack screw tethered to the case, which I like. The case I received the screw is not tethered. Also the fingerprint reader remains totally inconsistent for me. As soon as Otterbox comes out with there case I will try it and if its better I will dump this Lifeproof case.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods