How often do you guys change cases?

abazigal

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Apple care is the best!
Do you plan on selling this phone for the iPhone 6?
Cases in my opinion give the phone clothing lol.
It's like an accessory that sort of enhances the look in a way. I'm talking about the sleek, designer cases if you know what I mean. Too much bulk can kill the design.

That's the thing. So many people around me use cases with their iPhones that I stand out simply by not using one!

What I find even more ironic are the people who go out of their way to procure the gold iphone, then cover it up on a case so people no longer know what phone they are using!

I have a 2 year contract on my phone, though I don't believe it's locked, so I could in theory change to the iphone6 next year if it proves compelling enough an upgrade.

Not that I an averse to using cases, it's just that the iPhone's design is so elegant that I haven't found a case that complements its design while not obscuring its appearance.

Last edited:

Xx BEN xX

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I just picked up my 5s today, and found a nice case mate barely there case for it. I'm pleased

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xx BEN xX

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
How does it look like?

8uda2eje.jpg

Here's a pic I ripped off the net.. Very minimal but clean edges, and fits well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
No cases for me. At times I have my Mophie Juice Pack Air Plus on my phone for wireless charging.

Honestly, what's the point of having a gold iPhone if you'll just keep the part that's primarily gold completely covered?

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
No cases for me. At times I have my Mophie Juice Pack Air Plus on my phone for wireless charging.

Honestly, what's the point of having a gold iPhone if you'll just keep the part that's primarily gold completely covered?

You got a point. For me I wouldn't feel comfortable without a case. I would be so cautious where I place my phone.
I guess it's the fact that I bought it outright.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
You got a point. For me I wouldn't feel comfortable without a case. I wild be so cautious where I place my phone.
I guess it's the fact that I bought it outright.

I bought my 5S and 5 both full retail and both were naked. The 5 I cased for a week to two cause I bought a Mass Effect 3 case but I ended up hating the feel and wanted to back to being nude.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
That's understandable. I bought mine outright, too. I figured spending an extra $99 for Apple Care+ was feasible lol

I never paid for apple care. I'm so cautious with all my phones. I sell them each year when the new phones comes out. My iPhone 5 is flawless like how it first came out of the box.

solitude1984

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I am waiting on an imitation leather apple case. :) I feel $30 is way too much.

Sent from my GOLD 5s using Tapatalk HD

I actually went on the apple website and, after reading all of the negative reviews about the case, I decided not to buy it.

I'm disappointed apple made something so poor and is selling it at such a high price. It costs $45 (before tax) where I am, which is insane. Instead I bought the red Spigen Linear Blitz aluminum case on eBay (see pic) for about the same price as the Apple case.

I bought all of my other cases from eBay for really cheap ($2-$5), as I've found that they last a long time and look great (with a few exceptions). I got my husband a $6 case when he first got his S4 and it still looks beautiful and protects really well. If Apple is going to charge $45 for a case, it better be a damn good case ... I don't believe it is.

2a2y7yme.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I actually went on the apple website and, after reading all of the negative reviews about the case, I decided not to buy it.

I'm disappointed apple made something so poor and is selling it at such a high price. It costs $45 (before tax) where I am, which is insane. Instead I bought the red Spigen Linear Blitz aluminum case on eBay (see pic) for about the same price as the Apple case.

I bought all of my other cases from eBay for really cheap ($2-$5), as I've found that they last a long time and look great (with a few exceptions). I got my husband a $6 case when he first got his S4 and it still looks beautiful and protects really well. If Apple is going to charge $45 for a case, it better be a damn good case ... I don't believe it is.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/16/2a2y7yme.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

These cases look great. I like the design and the colours. How much are they?

Last edited:

sunnysideup22125

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Mmm marc Jacobs case? Very classy and upmarket. I saw one of these and the cost over $50. Pimping to the core lol. I saw a Louis vitton case that was $125. It was a clear design with real leather on the edges. Pretty stylish but I can't spend that much. Maybe when I'm rich.

I think the MJ case cost me $48 which is the most expensive case I've ever bought but I've used it for the last 5 months. But like I said I want one of those Knucklecases and they cost $125 😔 that's something that goes on my amazon wish list and maybe someone will be nice enough to gift it to me.

On Order: 64gb GOLD 5s AT&T
Ordered: 11:04 am est 9/20
Order Status: processing...est shipping Oct 24-28 delivery by Nov 1
Mental Status: questionable...the longer I wait the more crazed I become about checking my order status.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
It makes me wonder why you went through so much trouble to get a gold iPhone just to put in a case. Didn't you start with a silver 5s, then returned it for the gold 5s, then somehow ended up with a Galaxy note 3, and now you're back to the gold 5s wanting to cover it up with a case. Hmmmm :raised-eyebrow:
I have quite a few cases. I find myself changing out every few months (it's like getting a new phone). I'm pretty sprung on the new Apple leather case (black), and think it's going to be the one until the iPhone 6 comes out with a 5 inch screen ... :)

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I think the MJ case cost me $48 which is the most expensive case I've ever bought but I've used it for the last 5 months. But like I said I want one of those Knucklecases and they cost $125 😔 that's something that goes on my amazon wish list and maybe someone will be nice enough to gift it to me.

On Order: 64gb GOLD 5s AT&T
Ordered: 11:04 am est 9/20
Order Status: processing...est shipping Oct 24-28 delivery by Nov 1
Mental Status: questionable...the longer I wait the more crazed I become about checking my order status.

One thing I've come to realise is waiting for your iPhone is one of the most annoying this. I just read your status. It's still processing?? That's Insain.
Back on the topic, I'm not sure how the knuckle case looks like. I'll check it out on eBay.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
It makes me wonder why you went through so much trouble to get a gold iPhone just to put in a case. Didn't you start with a silver 5s, then returned it for the gold 5s, then somehow ended up with a Galaxy note 3, and now you're back to the gold 5s wanting to cover it up with a case. Hmmmm :raised-eyebrow:
I have quite a few cases. I find myself changing out every few months (it's like getting a new phone). I'm pretty sprung on the new Apple leather case (black), and think it's going to be the one until the iPhone 6 comes out with a 5 inch screen ... :)

Yeah. I did all those stupid things and I've learnt my lesson. I'm just used to cases. It's a psychological thing knowing that I have a gold iPhone, even if it's on a case if you know what I mean.
If I went caseless, I'd be to paranoid if my phone falls or if it gets scratched.
I'm so happy that I have the phone I've originally wanted...
A case is something mandatory.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Yeah. I did all those stupid things and I've learnt my lesson. I'm just used to cases. It's a psychological thing knowing that I have a gold iPhone, even if it's on a case if you know what I mean.
If I went caseless, I'd be to paranoid if my phone falls or if it gets scratched.

Keep it in a case to keep it fresh in the event you sell it. That's what I'm gonna do.

ninjamattic

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
I have obsessively changed cases for years. I finally slowed down as I discovered I have at type. The cases I keep coming back to are the Incase slider's, specifically the white one. I don't know what it is about that case, but of the dozens and dozens I've gone through, I come back to that most frequently.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
It's a psychological thing knowing that I have a gold iPhone, even if it's on a case if you know what I mean.
Why not think outside the box, like this ...
deff_draco_zero_cleave_aluminum_gold_iphone_5s_bumper_case.jpg
Golden Cleave Zero Aluminum iPhone 5S Bumper By Deff Japan Is?Stellar - Tech & Accessory News - Gadgetmac
And you can still see your pretty gold phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit