That's understandable. I bought mine outright, too. I figured spending an extra $99 for Apple Care+ was feasible lol
    I never paid for apple care. I'm so cautious with all my phones. I sell them each year when the new phones comes out. My iPhone 5 is flawless like how it first came out of the box.
    10-16-2013 03:04 AM
    I am waiting on an imitation leather apple case. I feel $30 is way too much.

Sent from my GOLD 5s using Tapatalk HD
    I actually went on the apple website and, after reading all of the negative reviews about the case, I decided not to buy it.

I'm disappointed apple made something so poor and is selling it at such a high price. It costs $45 (before tax) where I am, which is insane. Instead I bought the red Spigen Linear Blitz aluminum case on eBay (see pic) for about the same price as the Apple case.

I bought all of my other cases from eBay for really cheap ($2-$5), as I've found that they last a long time and look great (with a few exceptions). I got my husband a $6 case when he first got his S4 and it still looks beautiful and protects really well. If Apple is going to charge $45 for a case, it better be a damn good case ... I don't believe it is.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    10-16-2013 06:50 AM
    I actually went on the apple website and, after reading all of the negative reviews about the case, I decided not to buy it.

I'm disappointed apple made something so poor and is selling it at such a high price. It costs $45 (before tax) where I am, which is insane. Instead I bought the red Spigen Linear Blitz aluminum case on eBay (see pic) for about the same price as the Apple case.

I bought all of my other cases from eBay for really cheap ($2-$5), as I've found that they last a long time and look great (with a few exceptions). I got my husband a $6 case when he first got his S4 and it still looks beautiful and protects really well. If Apple is going to charge $45 for a case, it better be a damn good case ... I don't believe it is.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/16/2a2y7yme.jpg

These cases look great. I like the design and the colours. How much are they?
    Last edited by Sekelani Zwambila; 10-16-2013 at 07:28 AM.
    10-16-2013 07:12 AM
    These cases look great. I like the design and the colours. How much I are they?
    Cost me about $50.

10-16-2013 07:27 AM
    Mmm marc Jacobs case? Very classy and upmarket. I saw one of these and the cost over $50. Pimping to the core lol. I saw a Louis vitton case that was $125. It was a clear design with real leather on the edges. Pretty stylish but I can't spend that much. Maybe when I'm rich.
    I think the MJ case cost me $48 which is the most expensive case I've ever bought but I've used it for the last 5 months. But like I said I want one of those Knucklecases and they cost $125 😔 that's something that goes on my amazon wish list and maybe someone will be nice enough to gift it to me.

On Order: 64gb GOLD 5s AT&T
    Ordered: 11:04 am est 9/20
    Order Status: processing...est shipping Oct 24-28 delivery by Nov 1
    Mental Status: questionable...the longer I wait the more crazed I become about checking my order status.
    10-16-2013 10:15 AM
    It makes me wonder why you went through so much trouble to get a gold iPhone just to put in a case. Didn't you start with a silver 5s, then returned it for the gold 5s, then somehow ended up with a Galaxy note 3, and now you're back to the gold 5s wanting to cover it up with a case. Hmmmm
    I have quite a few cases. I find myself changing out every few months (it's like getting a new phone). I'm pretty sprung on the new Apple leather case (black), and think it's going to be the one until the iPhone 6 comes out with a 5 inch screen ...
    10-16-2013 11:27 AM
    I think the MJ case cost me $48 which is the most expensive case I've ever bought but I've used it for the last 5 months. But like I said I want one of those Knucklecases and they cost $125 😔 that's something that goes on my amazon wish list and maybe someone will be nice enough to gift it to me.

On Order: 64gb GOLD 5s AT&T
    Ordered: 11:04 am est 9/20
    Order Status: processing...est shipping Oct 24-28 delivery by Nov 1
    Mental Status: questionable...the longer I wait the more crazed I become about checking my order status.
    One thing I've come to realise is waiting for your iPhone is one of the most annoying this. I just read your status. It's still processing?? That's Insain.
    Back on the topic, I'm not sure how the knuckle case looks like. I'll check it out on eBay.
    10-16-2013 05:11 PM
    It makes me wonder why you went through so much trouble to get a gold iPhone just to put in a case. Didn't you start with a silver 5s, then returned it for the gold 5s, then somehow ended up with a Galaxy note 3, and now you're back to the gold 5s wanting to cover it up with a case. Hmmmm
    I have quite a few cases. I find myself changing out every few months (it's like getting a new phone). I'm pretty sprung on the new Apple leather case (black), and think it's going to be the one until the iPhone 6 comes out with a 5 inch screen ...
    Yeah. I did all those stupid things and I've learnt my lesson. I'm just used to cases. It's a psychological thing knowing that I have a gold iPhone, even if it's on a case if you know what I mean.
    If I went caseless, I'd be to paranoid if my phone falls or if it gets scratched.
    I'm so happy that I have the phone I've originally wanted...
    A case is something mandatory.
    10-16-2013 05:17 PM
    Yeah. I did all those stupid things and I've learnt my lesson. I'm just used to cases. It's a psychological thing knowing that I have a gold iPhone, even if it's on a case if you know what I mean.
    If I went caseless, I'd be to paranoid if my phone falls or if it gets scratched.
    Keep it in a case to keep it fresh in the event you sell it. That's what I'm gonna do.
    10-16-2013 05:27 PM
    I have obsessively changed cases for years. I finally slowed down as I discovered I have at type. The cases I keep coming back to are the Incase slider's, specifically the white one. I don't know what it is about that case, but of the dozens and dozens I've gone through, I come back to that most frequently.
    10-16-2013 05:30 PM
    It's a psychological thing knowing that I have a gold iPhone, even if it's on a case if you know what I mean.
    Why not think outside the box, like this ...
    How often do you guys change cases?-deff_draco_zero_cleave_aluminum_gold_iphone_5s_bumper_case.jpg
    Golden Cleave Zero Aluminum iPhone 5S Bumper By Deff Japan Is Stellar - Tech & Accessory News - Gadgetmac
    And you can still see your pretty gold phone.
    Sekelani Zwambila likes this.
    10-16-2013 05:35 PM
    I never change the condom. Only last week, I went from black to red.

Posted via BlackBerry Z10 <-----when life just doesn't make sense
    10-16-2013 05:55 PM
    Why not think outside the box, like this ...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	deff_draco_zero_cleave_aluminum_gold_iphone_5s_bumper_case.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	222.4 KB 
ID:	40286
    Golden Cleave Zero Aluminum iPhone 5S Bumper By Deff Japan Is Stellar - Tech & Accessory News - Gadgetmac
    And you can still see your pretty gold phone.
    I had a case similar to this one but it wasn't able to get any reception. There's something with the aluminium that distracted signal coverage.
    10-16-2013 06:34 PM
    Never, just a ghost armor . Love to show off the design and feel of no case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    10-16-2013 06:41 PM
    Keep it in a case to keep it fresh in the event you sell it. That's what I'm gonna do.
    Exactly my point.
    10-16-2013 06:42 PM
    Thing with cases is this.. It adds the extra comfort in knowing that "if" the device does get dropped or scratched it has a better chance of survival or staying mint shape.
    Now that being said there is something to be said about the freedom of having the case off. Where the 5s is so new and hard to get right now it's hard to rock my phone naked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-16-2013 08:05 PM
    Thing with cases is this.. It adds the extra comfort in knowing that "if" the device does get dropped or scratched it has a better chance of survival or staying mint shape.
    Now that being said there is something to be said about the freedom of having the case off. Where the 5s is so new and hard to get right now it's hard to rock my phone naked

Yes having a case was made for primary to protect a device. But now it's transformed into an accessory. It's all up to you if you wanna protect it or not.
    10-16-2013 09:23 PM
    I was thinking the same thing about getting a clear case , but I can't find one anywhere. I want the gold to show, so maybe I'll look on eBay and see what they got.
    I believe this is what you're looking for . I like it so well that I bought a second one as a spare. I have the gold, and this shows it off beautifully on both the back and the sides. It's also "grippy" on the sides without adding bulk, and it has a "lip" so you can put the phone on a table screen down to show off the back with no damage. And, it plays well with a screen protector. Hope this helps.
    Sekelani Zwambila likes this.
    10-16-2013 11:18 PM
    I believe this is what you're looking for . I like it so well that I bought a second one as a spare. I have the gold, and this shows it off beautifully on both the back and the sides. It's also "grippy" on the sides without adding bulk, and it has a "lip" so you can put the phone on a table screen down to show off the back with no damage. And, it plays well with a screen protector. Hope this helps.
    Wow I actually really like the look of that

10-16-2013 11:23 PM
    How many outfits do you bring with ya for a party? Just curious.

Sent from my GOLD 5s using Tapatalk HD

Sent from The Leaky Cauldron on my IPhone 5s...
    10-16-2013 11:23 PM
    Can one really have too many outfits for a party ??? 😱 I think not...ol😝

Sent from The Leaky Cauldron on my IPhone 5s...
    10-16-2013 11:25 PM
    Thanks mate. This helps heaps. Time to place my order * rubbing hands together.
    10-16-2013 11:29 PM
    I have gotten so many compliments on the red leather Apple case...I (like Pink) am a case *****...for my 5 I have a white life proof , white incase slider , belkin candy grip sheer in purple/green, white to black xtrememac thin shell, moshie I glaze in white, candy shell flip in white/grey/teal, speck fab shell in mega plaid , and the red and blue apple leather cases.
    10-16-2013 11:43 PM
    Thanks mate. This helps heaps. Time to place my order * rubbing hands together.
    No problem. You do need to pay attention to the point they make in the description about removing the protective film, both from the inside and the outside of the case. If you don't, it will look like bubbles in the plastic. It just comes right off.
    10-16-2013 11:53 PM
    I have gotten so many compliments on the red leather Apple case...I (like Pink) am a case *****...for my 5 I have a white life proof , white incase slider , belkin candy grip sheer in purple/green, white to black xtrememac thin shell, moshie I glaze in white, candy shell flip in white/grey/teal, speck fab shell in mega plaid , and the red and blue apple leather cases.
    Yeah I had the red leather case. It got dirty sooooo quickly. Had to make a change cause a clean phone in a dirty case made no sense.
    I'm going for the clear case. Im going too look around today and see what I can find. If not I'll order online.
    10-16-2013 11:58 PM
425 12345 ...