Lifeproof for iPhone 5

Rube8514

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site
The Lifeproof is horrible for the iPhone 5....the recipiant that you are talking to on a call is unable to hear you...the sound is too muffled.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
My puppy bit a hole in a water bottle in my car I had my phone charging between my legs and next thing I know I had a pool of water in my lap and phone charge door open but the design of the LP lip saved my phone from water damage again

Sent from my iPhone 5

nkf561

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Mine arrived Wednesday and I'm happy with it. Tried numerous calls and have had no problems with outgoing or incoming sound quality. Music is slightly muted but, not enough to bother me. I'm not fond of the screen protector because it doesn't fit like an invisibleSHIELD for example but, works fine. Definitely worth $40 IMHO.

svfd757

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have the lifeproof nuud case. I like this one better than the fre case simply because the screen protector on the fre is so terrible.

svfd757

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Can you use a zagg case friendly screen protector with the Nuud or would I have to remove it?

I would imagine it wouldn't hurt anything. The rubber gasket that seals the screen has plenty of travel and seems like it has nice room for error. Of course lifeproof states that you should remove any screen protector other than the one that comes with the nuud.

kevinarguello

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I would imagine it wouldn't hurt anything. The rubber gasket that seals the screen has plenty of travel and seems like it has nice room for error. Of course lifeproof states that you should remove any screen protector other than the one that comes with the nuud.

Yupp I heard some screen protectors can cause trouble with the seal of the Nuud case though... So fellas be careful not to get something thick or tempered glass. Personally, I'm trying the one that comes with the case, if I dont feel good with it I won't worry too much and go as it is without it. Or maybe for those who like I-do-it-myself might be able to cut another screen protector to the exact size of the screen without going underneath the case... Time consuming, but possible nonetheless. Again, this applies to the Nuud case!

eb_therebel

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Can you use a zagg case friendly screen protector with the Nuud or would I have to remove it?

You can use any of the Zagg protectors EXCEPT the Extreme one. I tried it with my nuud and it made it fit a little too snugly when I sealed the case which made. The headphone jack shift a little from the opening

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
The bad rap these cases have been getting on either the old or even the new version i would pass at any price. Much better waterproof phone out if you take a look at Ottebox and Seidio especially.

kevinarguello

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
The bad rap these cases have been getting on either the old or even the new version i would pass at any price. Much better waterproof phone out if you take a look at Ottebox and Seidio especially.

Didn't hear anything about the Nuud honestly. Regarding the Fre, yes, I've heard stuff.

We'll see about the new Otter though... I was looking in Youtube and there's an official video of the new case. No official or professional reviews yet

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh