Hey all!

So I've had some short lived time with Lifeproof cases. I've tried both the Nd and the Frē. The Nd no one could hear me on and the Frē had horribly pillowing. Amazon is "selling and shipping" a Lifeproof Frē for $40. For that price I could deal with pillowing (I just didn't want to deal with it when I was paying $80 for a case). I'm just worried that it's going to be a knock off case. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    10-13-2013 12:35 PM
    With ships and sold from amazon you have a good idea that it's not a knock off and will have an option to return it if it is and leave feedback for others. I'm betting it's just a great deal, I have got Rokform and Otterbox cases from shops and sold by amazon and none have been knock offs and all have been at a damn good deal compared to retail sites or stores, and free shipping! On one of the cases Otterbox even checked numbers on the case during a warranty issue and it checked out as genuine.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk - now Free
    iLive an iLife likes this.
    10-13-2013 12:47 PM
    Or u can buy from members here and it's cheaper

http://forums.imore.com/showthread.php?t=267387
    10-13-2013 12:55 PM
    This is the link from LifeProof's site about authorized resellers: http://www.lifeproof.com/en/distributors-and-resellers

As Kd7irm just stated above, if it says ships & sold from Amazon, you have nothing to worry about. $40 is a good deal for a Fre.

I've have the Fre & the Nuud, and like the Nuud a lot more. But for $40, you can't go wrong.
    kd7irm and iLive an iLife like this.
    10-13-2013 12:57 PM
    Thanks for the feedback guys! I did a TON of research before posting this thread (and I also saw the Lifeproof link). I guess I'm just skeptic by nature - "If it's too good to be true, it probably is." The case (in additional to several other items) has been ordered!

SmartFah: I had the Nuud and LOVED it. Only problem was, everyone I talked to said I sounded distant/far away. Had a total of three cases and I just couldn't get it sorted out (1st I sounded distant, 2nd failed the water test and the 3rd I sounded distant). At that point, I just gave up and just completely returned it to Best Buy. With the winter coming and my vacations next year, I think I'll definitely get my money's worth out of the Fre (even if I just use it off and on when traveling/in need of a little extra protection). TBH, I could've used this case last weekend. One of my buddies got married (outside) and we got caught in a torrential downpour. We are a techy bunch and thankfully all of our electronics were fine.
    SmartFah likes this.
    10-13-2013 01:21 PM
    I had the Otterbox armor and had the same issue, sounded like I was in a fish bowl, lol.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    10-13-2013 01:23 PM
    I had the Otterbox armor and had the same issue, sounded like I was in a fish bowl, lol.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    That's what you should have told everyone - "I sound like I'm in a fish bowl? Well I am!! Now that I have this waterproof case, I can talk to you from anywhere!!"
    kd7irm likes this.
    10-13-2013 02:27 PM
    Thanks for the feedback guys! I did a TON of research before posting this thread (and I also saw the Lifeproof link). I guess I'm just skeptic by nature - "If it's too good to be true, it probably is." The case (in additional to several other items) has been ordered!

SmartFah: I had the Nuud and LOVED it. Only problem was, everyone I talked to said I sounded distant/far away. Had a total of three cases and I just couldn't get it sorted out (1st I sounded distant, 2nd failed the water test and the 3rd I sounded distant). At that point, I just gave up and just completely returned it to Best Buy. With the winter coming and my vacations next year, I think I'll definitely get my money's worth out of the Fre (even if I just use it off and on when traveling/in need of a little extra protection). TBH, I could've used this case last weekend. One of my buddies got married (outside) and we got caught in a torrential downpour. We are a techy bunch and thankfully all of our electronics were fine.
    I haven't had the distant/far away problem with the Nuud. The Nuud was the first Lifeproof case I had, where the sound was perfect & I didn't get any complaints. I had the original Lifeproof on the iPhone 4, and the Fre when I first got the 5, and I would open the cover over the charger so that people could hear me clearly. Then I got tired of that and started using Bluetooth. With the Nuud though, I haven't had that issue.
    10-13-2013 06:21 PM
    So I just wanted to follow up with everyone. I just got home from work and my Lifeproof case came today.

As I previously mentioned, I had a Fre for a couple of days before. The box had a low "serial" number on the back, which I assumed meant I got a case from the initial batch, explaining why it was so cheap. I was wrong!! I've noticed a few things so far that really jumped out at me.

1) This Fre has the same attachment as the Nuud for the headphone plug. It's attached to the case now - REALLY like that.
    2) There's some extra padding (a thin strip of foam) at the bottom of the case directly underneath the home button.
    3) On the back, directly under the Apple logo window, there's another thin strip of foam.

I'm going to perform the water test and see how it fairs. Hopefully the call quality is clear because this seems to be a significantly better Lifeproof case than the one I had previously!
    10-16-2013 07:11 PM
    Bestbuy will price match Amazon. I just did it! So you know your getting legit lifeproof case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    kevinarguello likes this.
    10-17-2013 07:19 PM