iPhone 5s Cases

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Hey all. Sitting here looking through some of the cases available for the iPhone 5s? was wondering? what cases have you already bought, or do you WANT for the iPhone 5s?

For whatever reason, I've always been a fan of going 'nude' with my iPhones (no case)? but I could be swayed this time around.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
There's like a BILLION nice....Very NICE cases for iphones ....how in the world can I choose. I'm an accessory type person, the iphone 5s looks EXTREMELY GOOD right about now ....SMILE.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I always roll nude...I had a clear case on my iPhone 5 for about 3 days and removed it because I hated it on there. This time, when I bought my first 5S, I was checking out the leather Apple cases, and really thought they looked nice (they had run out of all the colors so I didn't get one)...after selling the first one, I got a second gold 5S and thought to myself "If you have the gold one, one of the most sought after models because of it's cosmetic appeal...why are you going to put a case on it to cover up the color?"...It took a while to get my 2nd 5S processed so I just sat there staring at the cases, and when the guy came back with my phone, I asked if he had a red case to try out...as soon as I put it on the phone, I was sold...the texture, the look and the quality...it's all there, and it's the best case I've ever seen for the iPhone.

Apple's new leather cases are a brilliant accompanying piece to the iPhone 5S. Try one on when you get your 5S, and I'm almost positive you'll buy it (even if you're usually ANTI-case).

km12345

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I always roll nude...I had a clear case on my iPhone 5 for about 3 days and removed it because I hated it on there. This time, when I bought my first 5S, I was checking out the leather Apple cases, and really thought they looked nice (they had run out of all the colors so I didn't get one)...after selling the first one, I got a second gold 5S and thought to myself "If you have the gold one, one of the most sought after models because of it's cosmetic appeal...why are you going to put a case on it to cover up the color?"...It took a while to get my 2nd 5S processed so I just sat there staring at the cases, and when the guy came back with my phone, I asked if he had a red case to try out...as soon as I put it on the phone, I was sold...the texture, the look and the quality...it's all there, and it's the best case I've ever seen for the iPhone.

Apple's new leather cases are a brilliant accompanying piece to the iPhone 5S. Try one on when you get your 5S, and I'm almost positive you'll buy it (even if you're usually ANTI-case).

Wouldn't it pretty much cover up the gold? Why not go clear or bumper with clear protector? I have yet to decide since I have yet to obtain my gold.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Wouldn't it pretty much cover up the gold? Why not go clear or bumper with clear protector? I have yet to decide since I have yet to obtain my gold.

It completely covers the gold...I stated that in my post. It comes down to an actual preference of the CASE itself...I really love the way the iPhone looks, but I also really love the way the case looks on the iPhone (something about the red case contrast with the white front body of the phone is really awesome to me), and it just happens to offer protection to the phone as well. Win/Win in my case.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Right now I have the Black Apple case and a Mophie Helium. I'll probably get 2 or 3 more cases something from Case Crown and Spigen.

I would like to keep the 5S for two years if that's how long it takes for the 6S to come out.
I wouldn't invest in a bunch of cases for the 5S if I had plans of getting a iPhone 6 next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

km12345

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I think I will get ghost armor clear full body with a cheap clear back cover for when I want some protection unless i can get a bargain life proof.

I think I may sell in a year but we will see

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Otterbox defender. The only case I have bought the last two iPhones. I usually drop or unintentionally throw my phone at sometime during its life so I like to feel protected. Plus it gives me a secure feeling when holding the phone in my hand.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I think I will get ghost armor clear full body with a cheap clear back cover for when I want some protection unless i can get a bargain life proof.

I think I may sell in a year but we will see

Why would you be so concerned about leaving the iPhone without a case but then consider a life proof case? (which is one of the larger, and more cumbersome cases you can buy outside of Otterbox)

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I have the Speck Candyshell now. I'm thinking of getting the Apple case but I'm concerned about the port holes. I usually just pick up cases I like as I see them. Surprised I've had the Speck on this long! Lol

Sent from somewhere around here using my iPhone 5S

km12345

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Why would you be so concerned about leaving the iPhone without a case but then consider a life proof case? (which is one of the larger, and more cumbersome cases you can buy outside of Otterbox)

Well what if I go to the beach often or decide to go hiking?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Well what if I go to the beach often or decide to go hiking?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I mean I'm not saying the LifeProof case has no purpose, hell, I even bought one temporarily earlier this year when I went white water rafting to use on the trip...but from your comment to me earlier and afterwards, it just seemed you were more inclined to go naked vs. using a case...and it just struck me odd that the first case you specifically mentioned was one of the big, brawny cases...not that there was an issue there, just that it seemed weird.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
It completely covers the gold...I stated that in my post. It comes down to an actual preference of the CASE itself...I really love the way the iPhone looks, but I also really love the way the case looks on the iPhone (something about the red case contrast with the white front body of the phone is really awesome to me), and it just happens to offer protection to the phone as well. Win/Win in my case.

I've been going caseless with my 5 lately (if it breaks, excuse to get a 5S!)...but I got the ice blue leather Apple one and the look of it against the white and silver (especially since you can seem a rim of the chamfered edge between the case and the screen) is so beautiful. It's easily my favorite case, and I'm a case ***** usually and have a white diamonds clear shell, speck candy shell flip in white/grey/aqua, belkin candy grip sheer in purple/teal, white incase slider, white life proof fre, speck fab shell in plaid, xtrememac snap on in grey fade to black, and a moshie frosted snap on in silver/white. The leather is my go to now (previously it was the fab shell or flip).

I get 30% off cases at work. Bad thing for an accessory junkie.

JOEY NEAT

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
I bought the Incase SYSTM Cartridge case for my Gold 5s. It is clear backed so you can see the color. I am hoping Lifeproof comes out with a clear case soon for the 5s. I will only buy it if the fingerprint reader is usable with the case. I would make it my everyday case if those two options are available. If not i'll just use the Otterbox Armor I have for my old 5 for the times I need rugged protection.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I usually go with the Speck Candyshell though I think many of their color combos are hideous. A teal and black would be nice across the board. I went with a Candyshell flip model this time to get that color combo. I always put a screen protector on, and always leave a hard case on and carry it in a soft and padded pouch in my purse, maybe overboard. I like how it looks without a case, but it's just not practical for my life. Hell, the very first few hours I had this phone, IN the case, I launched it right in the trash. I was DAMN glad I had a case on!

When we went on vacation, I put my phone in a ziploc and put it inside one of these DryPak bags and it worked perfectly for beach days and when we went snorkeling. I never brought it INTO the water but it kept splashes out.

Dry 5 x 8 Case - Dick's Sporting Goods

RollTideFanGrl

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I usually go with the Speck Candyshell though I think many of their color combos are hideous. A teal and black would be nice across the board. I went with a Candyshell flip model this time to get that color combo. I always put a screen protector on, and always leave a hard case on and carry it in a soft and padded pouch in my purse, maybe overboard. I like how it looks without a case, but it's just not practical for my life. Hell, the very first few hours I had this phone, IN the case, I launched it right in the trash. I was DAMN glad I had a case on!

When we went on vacation, I put my phone in a ziploc and put it inside one of these DryPak bags and it worked perfectly for beach days and when we went snorkeling. I never brought it INTO the water but it kept splashes out.

Dry 5 x 8 Case - ****'s Sporting Goods

Does the Speck Candyshell protects the phone from falls?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711