Best Battery Case For IPhone 5s?

aarontodd

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
I like the Mophie case. I have the Juice Pack Air and I like it a lot. I travel a lot so I have a couple of solutions including the Energizer Energy to Go and the Ful Rechargable Messenger Bag. The most convenient, and lightest option for me has been the Mophie.

KoukiFC3S

Jun 30, 2009
Visit site
I went with the Helium for my 5s because of the cutouts for the volume, mute and power buttons. 1500mah of extra power is plenty, gives me about 80% extra power.

kevinarguello

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm new here but I've seen the iBattz Mojo Aqua (waterproof and shock proof) or Mojo Armor (shock proof). Both double layer with two spare 2200mAh batteries that you can switch whenever you want. Haven't seen it in person but reviews sound pretty good! And definitely more protection than the mophie case.

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
In not using a battery case. I do have an external battery pack from mophie though and I do love that. It's more flexible then a case as you can charge anything with it. Las week I charged a coworkers bb from about 25% and an s3 from 50% and still had about 30% left on the pack.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Disturbed_Angel

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I love my Mophie Helium case. At 1500 mAh, it won't quite give you a full charge (use of power + charging results in less than 1500 being in the phone battery when the Mophie is empty) but it is very thin and light, and honestly, looks pretty good considering. I also have a Mophie Powerstation Mini, which is 2500 mAh. I don't always carry them both with me, but they come in handy for Field Exercises, camping, hiking, Geocaching, etc, when I know I will either be using a very large amount of power, or when I will spend time away from power. As others have said, make sure you buy from a legit source if you do get a power case. If you end up with a fake TPU case, its still most likely a TPU case and not really a big deal, but if you get a knock off Power case, you could end up with a fried phone.

As a side note, if you do get a battery case, to get the most out of it, leave the case turned off until your phone is close to empty, then turn on the case, this results in much better total life from the total power you have on hand. Basicly, treat it like you unplug the phone, then when it is low, you plug it in, rather than taking the approach that it is just one big battery.

kevinarguello

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Doing a little more research about this stuff now that I'm waiting for my iPhone 5s to be delievered, I've got to the conclusion that the best option if you really want protection + battery is the iBattz Mojo all the other battery cases don't offer protection in the screen at all... Drop it, and it's gone. But that one I'm talking about has the protection of an Otterbox combined with a interchangeable battery either waterproof or shockproof.

What I'm probably gonna do is to buy a waterproof case like the atlas from incipio or the new otterbox preserver when they release the new models for the 5s and then get a portable high capacity battery. You can easily find 5000 to 7000 mAh batteries out there for a good price, giving you an extra week worth of battery not only for the phone but for your ipad, tablet or wathever you have.

Convenience? Battery case... Worth around 2-3 days of battery without having to charge again to the outlet

Versatility? Rugged or waterproof case and then an extra high capacity battery... Worth around 7 days of battery without having to plug to the outlet

Just my opinion

cyberpaw

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Doing a little more research about this stuff now that I'm waiting for my iPhone 5s to be delievered, I've got to the conclusion that the best option if you really want protection + battery is the iBattz Mojo all the other battery cases don't offer protection in the screen at all...

Just my opinion

I hope you will write a review when you get it.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I did the mophie thing but it wasn't for me. I have a anker 15,000mah battery I'll throw in my bag if I'm not going to be around a charger for awhile.

I personally would rather have the phone keep its shape and weight and use an external battery than have a bulky phone. Plus no matter what phone I get after the battery will charge it also.

Sent from my Gameboy Color

kevinarguello

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I did the mophie thing but it wasn't for me. I have a anker 15,000mah battery I'll throw in my bag if I'm not going to be around a charger for awhile.

I personally would rather have the phone keep its shape and weight and use an external battery than have a bulky phone. Plus no matter what phone I get after the battery will charge it also.

Man, I'm part of the kind of people that due to work (military) and butter-fingers, see their phone slipping out of the pocket, jacket or hands and hits the ground... I'll have a heart attack right on the spot. Yeah I know it's a beautiful device and I wish I didn't have to worry about accidents against my phone so I could carry it naked like it's meant to be, but this thing is pricey, beautiful and the apple store is far enough for me to not want to drive 1and a half hours to get a replacement or repair it in the case something happens haha

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Man, I'm part of the kind of people that due to work (military) and butter-fingers, see their phone slipping out of the pocket, jacket or hands and hits the ground... I'll have a heart attack right on the spot. Yeah I know it's a beautiful device and I wish I didn't have to worry about accidents against my phone so I could carry it naked like it's meant to be, but this thing is pricey, beautiful and the apple store is far enough for me to not want to drive 1and a half hours to get a replacement or repair it in the case something happens haha

I totally understand but I would put a bulletproof case on it and keep the lightweight. Adding a battery gets the phone to a much heavier state. I still use my battery with my griffin survival case that way I can throw the phone and not worry about it dying. Lol

kevinarguello

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I totally understand but I would put a bulletproof case on it and keep the lightweight. Adding a battery gets the phone to a much heavier state. I still use my battery with my griffin survival case that way I can throw the phone and not worry about it dying. Lol

Agree! That's probably what I'm going to do. Lightweight case and portable battery on the side ifI'm gonna be out without a charger.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Agree! That's probably what I'm going to do. Lightweight case and portable battery on the side ifI'm gonna be out without a charger.

Trust me. The anker one from Amazon is a beast. Kept 5 phones charged for 4 days and still had about half life left.

kevinarguello

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Trust me. The anker one from Amazon is a beast. Kept 5 phones charged for 4 days and still had about half life left.

I checked them out online and they look pretty good! Thing is, apparently some people had problems with the battery not holding the charge or not getting as near charge as the specified advertised. How is yours working out for you? Oh BTW when you said I should get a BULLETPROOF case I looked for them online and s*it you not, some brand makes a real bulletproof case for iphone, it's huge! They tested it out firing a .50 cal at it and it works... You know... For those days you're going to the bad part of town and want to keep your iphone flawless hahaha. I think you meant lifeproof ;)

cyberpaw

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site

Which Anker model did you get?

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I checked them out online and they look pretty good! Thing is, apparently some people had problems with the battery not holding the charge or not getting as near charge as the specified advertised. How is yours working out for you? Oh BTW when you said I should get a BULLETPROOF case I looked for them online and s*it you not, some brand makes a real bulletproof case for iphone, it's huge! They tested it out firing a .50 cal at it and it works... You know... For those days you're going to the bad part of town and want to keep your iphone flawless hahaha. I think you meant lifeproof ;)

Nah I meant bulletproof. I work in a crappy section of a city and I go into people's homes for a living. Lol

Mine has more than worked out for me. I paid forty dollars and I was at a NASCAR race from Thursday to Monday and it charged my iPhone 5 times, my buddies iphone twice. A friends android about 6 times, another friends dumb phone and by Monday the battery had about half the life left. I was truly amazed and it was worth every penny just for that occasion. I see it lasting many more.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Which Anker model did you get?

I got the new 15,000 mah white one. It's the same size as the 10,000 but 50% more life. It fits in a back pocket but it's thick also. I just threw it in my backpack for when I needed a charge.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen