Spiegen or Otterbox

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I have a Mophie and an Apple leather case, but one of my daughters swears by her Otterbox. Of course she has 2 year old twin boys, so maybe that?s why :)

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I love the look of the Spiegen case, and was thinking about getting one...but judging by the comments on the link you had posted, it doesn't seem that the customer service is great. No emails with order info, no shipping info, company is non responsive, and people who have ordered them have been waiting weeks past when they were supposed to receive them.

that_maynard

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I love Spigen cases and especially their screen protectors, but I have seen review on the back of the Tough Armor being very prone to scratching. that the scratches show easier. I still love the case and might go for it, again, I love the screen protectors.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Personally, I love the look of spiegen cases, and am not too fond of the otter box look. Also, the otter box cases are too bulky for my liking...but I'm sure they protect well. I just can't stand a case that makes the phone too big...just my opinion. I am the thin, back of phone only case type of guy.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I love the look of the Spiegen case, and was thinking about getting one...but judging by the comments on the link you had posted, it doesn't seem that the customer service is great. No emails with order info, no shipping info, company is non responsive, and people who have ordered them have been waiting weeks past when they were supposed to receive them.

I have used Spigen (SPG) screen protectors religiously on all my iPhones and iPads for years, ever since they were only available at Apple stores...but you're right, their custome service sucks, and I am not impressed with the quality of their cases either, at least the few I've seen! I have written them three emails to CS about the case bundle deal they have...and have not gotten a response, and there is no toll-free CS number either. You just fire an email to them, and rot. Otterbox, on the other hand has great CS and answers mail and calls promptly.

I don't like the Otterbox Defender since I carry my iPhone in dress pants pocket, and it feels like a brick. I'm using an Otterbox Commuter right now, and it's pretty perfect. You get the feeling it would protect the phone in anything except the most severe fall...and it's slim enough not to feel too bulky.

km12345

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately I've missed this great deal. I would have bought it but i don't even have an iphone 5s yet. Hopefully there will be other good deals for such fine protection for iphone5s. Please post more if you see some.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

RescueEMT911

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I was able to get the Spigen Touch Armor bundle which includes a package (2) ultra crystal screen protectors. I own a black iPhone 5 and must say I have purchased and own enough cases to open a case store..lol But I must say this case is by far the best case I have ever owned, it looks GREAT (bought the metal slate), and provides everything I could want in a case. Even during the promotion it only took a week to arrive at my door, very nice quality, and I am very pleased. I do own a black otterbox defender case, actually they had sent me another replacement so I own a few, and as much as I tried to like it, I just couldn't get myself to, I think it was the scare of reading for (SOME) people damage is done to the phones exterior, and for me, I have Applecare Plus, I want to keep my phone looking like new outside included. On the other hand I must say that Otterbox's customer service is second to none, honestly you can call them and say your case smells funny, and I think they will send you a new one! Again there customer service is amazing! And yes I do like to switch cases alot so I may go back to the defender at some point. I also cannot say anything bad about Spigen, I sent them an email asking about warranty and returns for the promotion and they responded favorably within a few hours, but so far this has been my only need for communication with the company. Again though for $19.98 this case and the promotion to me is simply amazing.. I LOVE the case, and I think if this would have been available and I would have seen it first, I would have saved hundred of dollars on "other" cases (yes I know I have a case problem)... Having the Spigen Tough Armor for a few weeks now I would glady have paid the $29.99 for the case earlier. Just my 2 cents, I am an iPhone owner who really has OCD, takes extra special care of his phones, and so far is very pleased with Spigen and the Tough Armor case!

Oofa

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Considering leaning towards Spiegen just because I want something protective but that'll also allow me to enjoy the 5s screen in all its glory. Not too happy with otterboxs belt clips for the iPhone 5.

https://stacksocial.com/sales/the-iphone-5s-tough-armor-bundle-free-us-shipping

Something You Want | Home | SPIGEN SGP

I think you've answered your own question. Otterbox seems bulkier and I can't stand that tacky rubber stuff so many "protective cases" have. I prefer to be careful with my phone and stick to something like the Spigen Ultra Flip Case that protects the screen, keeps the slim and sleek phone style and is easy to use and handle.

wbkm85

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
been rocking it with no case for a while

haven't used a case for my iPhone 5 in months. only if i mow or do yard work will i use my life proof nuud case

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I have the Spigen Slim Armor and the Neo Hybrid. Both are nice cases, but the Neo Hybrid feels great in the hand. IMO, it almost feels like there isn't a case on the phone. I have not tried the Tough Armor, but I might get that one too. I do have an Otterbox Commuter as well. It is not a bad case at all. I prefer the thinner case, but when protection is the priority I still use the Otterbox.