Spiegen or Otterbox

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I have used both Otterbox and Spigen cases over the past 2 years for different phones and I think both companies make great cases depending on your need and style. You cannot really go wrong with either IMO.

cyberpaw

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
3 questions about these cases:
Do Spigen cases scratch easily and are they slippery or grippy?
Is the Otterbox Defender for the 5s smaller than the one for the 5?

Riley2521

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
3 questions about these cases:
Do Spigen cases scratch easily and are they slippery or grippy?
Is the Otterbox Defender for the 5s smaller than the one for the 5?

The slim armor is a nice grippy case. It hasn't almost slipped out of my hand yet. I have yet to notice any scratches.

As for the Defender, no. It's the same exact case with a hole cut in the front for the fingerprint scanner.

Xx BEN xX

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I stand by otterbox, I own the defender and the commuter and both of them have saved my phone so many times

Sent from my iPhone 5

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I've had the Otterbox Defender (way too bulky) and the Commuter (bulky, but not offensive)...and just recently got the Spigen Tough Armor case via the "Challenge" bundle deal. Got the case & a pack of their best-in-the-business screen protectors for $20, which was a great deal IMO. After a weeks use, I can say the Spigen case is slimmer, lighter, fits better in the hand and is much more attractive than the Otterbox...but I can't help but doubt the Spigen would protect my iPhone in case of a real (5'-8') fall. I might be wrong, and I'm sure not going to on-purpose test it...but the Otterbox just feels more protective than the Spigen.

That being said...I still have the Spigen on my phone.

Xx BEN xX

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I've had the Otterbox Defender (way too bulky) and the Commuter (bulky, but not offensive)...and just recently got the Spigen Tough Armor case via the "Challenge" bundle deal. Got the case & a pack of their best-in-the-business screen protectors for $20, which was a great deal IMO. After a weeks use, I can say the Spigen case is slimmer, lighter, fits better in the hand and is much more attractive than the Otterbox...but I can't help but doubt the Spigen would protect my iPhone in case of a real (5'-8') fall. I might be wrong, and I'm sure not going to on-purpose test it...but the Otterbox just feels more protective than the Spigen.

That being said...I still have the Spigen on my phone.

I guess it depends on the area you live in, and the line of work you do. Up here in Alberta in the oil patch otterbox defenders are the best selling case there is, so you are used to seeing them everywhere

Sent from my iPhone 5

Xx BEN xX

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Believe it or not people are even using the otterbox armour up here which makes the defender look sleek...

Sent from my iPhone 5

Sydneysue

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I have a Spigen Tough Armour I used while I was trying to find an Otterbox Defender. The Spigen was a nice slim case but I wanted a little more protection. The Otterbox for the 5s isn't as bulky as my last one I had on another phone, so it's not so bad. They had to put a hole in it for the fingerprint scanner, so the screen protector part to me feels kind of loose - like it's not laying flat. But I would say either one is a good case.

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Ordered a Spigen Neo Hybrid (Satin Silver) for my black 5 last night. Had the metal slate one a couple months ago and can't for the life of me figure out why I returned it... think I was going through a naked phase :confused: