Official Leather iPhone 5/S case who likes it

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
ok so just put the black one on last night- Loving it! My only concern is how protective is it- I saw a few people talked of drops and it holding up- any one else have a positive or negative experience? I know its not as protective as my life proof- And while I am careful with my phone- no one intends to drop it- things happen...

I finally bought a beige one last week and I love it. It holds up pretty good. Dropped my phone on the asphalt when I was getting out my truck the other day...not a scratch on it or the phone.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Picked up the black leather case from Best Buy (got a free $10 reward zone certificate and used another banked $15) - only paid $15 for the case. Really like it so far! Feels great on the phone. A nice right fit and a great feel. The volume buttons are pretty response but the power button stinks. I hope it breaks in a little with some use.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
My power button works just as good as the volume buttons. That doesn't sound normal to me.

Hmmmm really? My power button is pretty pretty stiff. I has to order this from BestBuy.com because my local store didn't have the black case in stock. Maybe I'll go look at another one and see if it's now responsive.

UPDATE: I took the case off when I got to work and put it back on. I'm getting a bit more responsiveness now. I think it wasn't properly seated the first time.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

barrcuda70

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
I just want to say thanks to customer care and I got a free blue and also have the black leather case and I'm really digging the slim profile. By the way two Verizon stores in Lincoln NE refused to take my blue case back because of a very little wear. Oh I called customer service and they told me to keep the case and also gave me the refund on my phone bill and wrote two anonymous complaints on both of the stores. ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1384550212.997784.jpg

trtmazda3

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
My friend bought the official leather case after it came out for his 5. In the brown color. He didn't like it much but waited too long to return it, so I've got it now. It is nice feeling and I like the worn/weathered look.

But, I think certain colors work better with the weathered look. The red doesn't seem to turn out well, but black and brown seem to show pretty well even with some age.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner