Official Leather iPhone 5/S case who likes it

trandz

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
That's why I got the black one. It looks brand new after a week. The brown one I had before I exchanged looked like crap on the corners in two days.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
See, I'm glad you say that, because thats exactly what I figured. Looks like I'll be passing on this baby!

That's why I got the black one. It looks brand new after a week. The brown one I had before I exchanged looked like crap on the corners in two days.

I’ve used my red leather case quite a bit and it still looks new. I carry my phone in my back pocket of my jeans or a side pocket in cargo shorts... the case seems durable and has shown no sign of wear up to this point.

NSpooner

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I have the light blue one and after a week it still looks good. Some minor discoloring around the bends of the face edge but nothing major. Still not totally sure I love the color but I have another week to return if needed.

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site
For me, it wi be a nice case to change into every once in a while. I returned the brown after my wife gave me a hard time about how ugly a color it was. I have the black on gold iPhone now.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I didn't want to take up a lot of space with 3 large pics so hope this still shows thru clear. The top were taken right after I put the case on. The bottom 3 were taken moments ago, exactly 1 week later. I am a pencil pusher and my hands are typically clean. I place my phone in my pockets, and on clean surfaces. As you can see, oils, dirt (I'm assuming), etc have really darkened the edges and parts of the back.

This may not be typical. But I thought I'd share my experience. Aside from that I LOVE the case. But will likely switch due to the visuals.
za2ateqe.jpg

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Was it in a case or naked? I dropped my 5S whole I sat down in a bus. I have my apple leather case on it but I felt like I was about to have a heart attack lol.
It was in a Speck Candyshell with a screen protector on it already. I didn't even take it out of the box before I put the screen protector on it, and after I inspected for flaws, it then immediately went into a hard case. We used to have carpet over the hardwoods (well the previous owners did that and we just tore it out last month) and I was less concerned when my bedroom and office were carpeted. Without the carpet...no thanks.

At least it wasn't the floor! ;)
True! We have hardwoods and while I don't think it wouldve killed the phone, I wouldn't want to find out.

Nolander07

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I didn't want to take up a lot of space with 3 large pics so hope this still shows thru clear. The top were taken right after I put the case on. The bottom 3 were taken moments ago, exactly 1 week later. I am a pencil pusher and my hands are typically clean. I place my phone in my pockets, and on clean surfaces. As you can see, oils, dirt (I'm assuming), etc have really darkened the edges and parts of the back.

This may not be typical. But I thought I'd share my experience. Aside from that I LOVE the case. But will likely switch due to the visuals.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/29/za2ateqe.jpg

That's leather. It does age and holds onto oils, etc. As long as one understands that it will not look the same as when it came out of the package, it's a great case. I personally don't mind the look of aged leather, and I bet it is more durable in the long run than rubber to TPU cases.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
That's leather. It does age and holds onto oils, etc. As long as one understands that it will not look the same as when it came out of the package, it's a great case. I personally don't mind the look of aged leather, and I bet it is more durable in the long run than rubber to TPU cases.

This is true. Its durability appears to be great, to this point. I didn't consider the aging of leather as I don't deal much with leather so it didn't enter my mind. To me the aging looks dirty even if it isn't truly dirt. But off the shelf it's the sharpest case/phone combo I've ever had.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
This is true. Its durability appears to be great, to this point. I didn't consider the aging of leather as I don't deal much with leather so it didn't enter my mind. To me the aging looks dirty even if it isn't truly dirt. But off the shelf it's the sharpest case/phone combo I've ever had.

Is this on your phone 24/7? I switch between the leather case and my Mophie... my leather case still looks brand new... though I’ve used it about half the time. I actually like the "aged, worn" look - it doesn’t bother me at all..

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone compare this to the leather J Crew case if you have any experience with it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Is this on your phone 24/7? I switch between the leather case and my Mophie... my leather case still looks brand new... though I’ve used it about half the time. I actually like the "aged, worn" look - it doesn’t bother me at all..

Yeah it has been on my phone the entire time since I bought it.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Re the aging and marking and whatnot -- I expect my brown case to take that on. It'll build character.

The yellow one on the black phone, on the other hand, I may not like any aging or discolouring on...

B1ue_B1aze

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
It says on the back of the packaging that this product is made of natural materials, and that it's appearance will change over time.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Had my first drop this morning, my Golden Doodle was so happy to see me, phone hit the kitchen floor with the bottom left corner, I am happy to report that there is not even a mark on the leather case. Pretty excited about my purchase :)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Do I like the case? Yes i actually do. I would not buy one as quality as it is because I use one case and one case only that I don't wish to keep talking on and off and switching. My case is a 2 piece hard shell case with a soft liner and then a rubber outer case that keeps all of the ports covered. It is a Seidio on converts and have used it for 2 years on my 4S and going to do the same on the my new 5S that i just ordered as well as the case.

I will say that if there was another case I was going to buy, the Apple leather would be it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711