Official Leather iPhone 5/S case who likes it

impostor71

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I've never used a case before on any of my phones, until now. I have a red one on a Space Gray. Love the color, fit, and feel in my hand. Highly recommend it!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm glad you said that. I've been considering one but I need to take the case off on occasion because I shoot a lot of video that requires add-on lenses and tripod mounts. Can you better describe exactly how difficult it is? Does it require serious prying? With some kind of "tool"?
Will I eventually damage the case by removing it repeatedly?

I would NEVER use a tool of any kind to pry on my iPhone... it just takes patience...

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I bought the Product Red version for my Space Gray iP5S and while I thought it looked and felt good I've already moved back to my Case-Mate Barely There. I have a couple 30-pin to lightning cable adapters in use and the don't work with the Apple Leather case -- had to pry off the bottom of the case to plug them in and I got tired of doing that after a couple days. That being said, if I didn't have that issue I would probably stick with the case, again it looked and felt great and I liked the slight overlap on the screen to protect it when face down. In addition to the red, I thought the light tan looked good too.

rednocturne307

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Question: I've heard the fit on this case is really tight, like a glove or second skin. I have a rear shield on my iPhone 5s. Will it fit in this case with it on?

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I went to check them out in person and was not really impressed. They just seemed very underprotective to me.

B1ue_B1aze

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Mine just arrived and it's beautiful. It fits like a glove, and feels protective enough for the occasional bump or light fall. It'll also protect the aluminum from scratches and dings.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
ubu5atud.jpg
i got the red one with the white silver 5S. It's a good case. Very thin and fits the phone perfectly. Only issue I have is the case gets dirty easily and attracts dust and grim. I've noticed a slight change in colour on the edges of the case.
a4ysysy7.jpg

Other than that it looks and feels GOOD.
Would I recommend someone to get it? Hell yeah.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Question: I've heard the fit on this case is really tight, like a glove or second skin. I have a rear shield on my iPhone 5s. Will it fit in this case with it on?

It should fit with no problem. But if that's the case( excuse the pun) why would you bother to have a rear shield protector if you already have a case?

ardoreal

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
While waiting on my 5S, I do have a 5 to test my case that arrived on.

I'm noticing the sleep button is a bit tougher to smush than most other cases.

Also the "fits like a glove" bit is absolutely true. This case is somewhat difficult to take off compared to say, a commuter. Seems protective enough, but the leather material won't handle much abrasion and I suspect it will wear a bit over time. A commuter seems far more protective from drops and abrasion, but this case makes up for it in pure style.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
So I have brown on my new gold 5s, which as seen above is beautiful.

I've put a yellow one on my 5. It's very nice.

The Apple leather cases for the 5 & 5s make such a difference...

644038_208702455973165_229292387_n.jpg

Last edited:

Eric Ton

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
here it is, love them, went naked with the 5, but apple case changes my mind on the 5s, now i can get the best of both worlds, fun like the 5c with the 5s tech!
IMG_4939.jpeg

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I think they are for casual protection... best find something else if you get the occasional case of the dropsies.

Normally I don't drop. I treat it like a jewel. Of course the night I got it I launched it right into the damn trash can...

Oofa

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Anyone think although they are nice enough they are totally overpriced? I don't have one but that's what it looks like to me.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Anyone think although they are nice enough they are totally overpriced? I don't have one but that's what it looks like to me.

That's kinda like Apple products in general, no? It's mass-produced but finely crafted stuff that they then charge high prices for.

Freedom of commerce -- don't have to deal with them if the price is too high, but they keep on tempting lots of us back with quality and service and so on.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711