I've had mine for 3 weeks and by far it's the best case I've owned. I have the black one and still looks like brand new. I've tried around 15 different cases low profile ones, protective ones and by far this tops them all!
    10-18-2013 08:54 AM
    Looking around, this will be my first case to buy.
    I say first because I know me- I'm gonna get another case. And I'm also gonna go without a case, since well- the phone does look rather sexy.

I'm gonna say f-it to the scuffs and see what it will look like distressed and dirty. I've got some leather conditioner for my leather briefcase and cowboy boots that has served me well.

But now I have to select a color for my non-existent 5S

Brown I'm guessing will age the best, after some scuffs, some conditioner, it would look cool. But not sure about the color combo with the space grey.
    Beige is too bland for me.
    Black would look awesome with space grey, but then I'd be paying $40 for more of the same... kind of a waste.
    Red looks good, spices things up, and I think it could age well, but it seems to be the "it" color for space grey iPhones- it's like all the reviews are with this combo.
    Blue looks good, but doesn't look so good with space gray and I don't think it will age well.
    I LOVE the yellow/space gray combo as a more playful option but again I don't think it will age well.

Looks like a trip to the Apple Store is in order!
    10-18-2013 09:20 PM
    I say first because I know me- I'm gonna get another case. And I'm also gonna go without a case, since well- the phone does look rather sexy.

I'm gonna say f-it to the scuffs and see what it will look like distressed and dirty. I've got some leather conditioner for my leather briefcase and cowboy boots that has served me well.

Brown I'm guessing will age the best, after some scuffs, some conditioner, it would look cool. But not sure about the color combo with the space grey.
    Black would look awesome with space grey, but then I'd be paying $40 for more of the same... kind of a waste.
    Red looks good, spices things up, and I think it could age well, but it seems to be the "it" color for space grey iPhones- it's like all the reviews are with this combo.
    Blue looks good, but doesn't look so good with space gray and I don't think it will age well.
    I LOVE the yellow/space gray combo as a more playful option but again I don't think it will age well.

We have the blue on my husbands iPhone 5, and I think it looks good. Seems to be wearing ok so far. I'd say the red one on my phone looks more worn in, but I also tend to grab my phone with sweaty hands while exercising.
    10-18-2013 11:13 PM
    Well I've decided to get the yellow one.
    Somehow it doesn't fit onto my phone... oh wait, this is a case for the 5S!
    Verizon is the only one who can fix this!
    First time I bought a case for a phone I don't have.
    Attached Thumbnails Official Leather iPhone 5/S case who likes it-dsc_0882.jpg  
    10-19-2013 03:39 PM
    Broke down and bought one just now. I immediately love it. The fit is very reminiscent of the Magpul Fieldcase which was my favorite 4/4S case. Thumbs up to Apple. Here are a couple pics of the brown leather on my white 5...

Sorry about the quality. I took these with my iPad 2

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Last edited by mumfoau; 10-19-2013 at 06:07 PM.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    10-19-2013 04:19 PM
    ok so just put the black one on last night- Loving it! My only concern is how protective is it- I saw a few people talked of drops and it holding up- any one else have a positive or negative experience? I know its not as protective as my life proof- And while I am careful with my phone- no one intends to drop it- things happen...
    10-20-2013 09:24 AM
    ok so just put the black one on last night- Loving it! My only concern is how protective is it- I saw a few people talked of drops and it holding up- any one else have a positive or negative experience? I know its not as protective as my life proof- And while I am careful with my phone- no one intends to drop it- things happen...
    It's plenty protective to me as I've been rocking my 5 naked for the past couple weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-20-2013 09:40 AM
    still loving this case!
    mumfoau likes this.
    10-20-2013 12:25 PM
    still loving this case!
    Have you dropped it?
    10-20-2013 01:15 PM
    I've tried it twice now. It's overpriced and not worth the money. You can get a much better case for cheaper elsewhere. The one I'm using now leaves a gap between the bezel and top part if the phone. The first one scuffed up way to easy. I feel like I have to baby the $40 case.
    10-20-2013 01:23 PM
    Here's the pics I posted in the thread about this in the accessories forum...I love it.

Attachment 38979
    Attachment 38980
    Attachment 38981
    Looks real dirty after just a few days of usage.
    10-20-2013 01:25 PM

The blue looked great on my space gray but it started looking bad to me after about 5 days so I returned it for the black one.

My Apple store had them all out so I was able to try each one out. I agree, the red looks great but I was over seeing the space gray/red combo!
    nikkisharif likes this.
    10-22-2013 07:29 PM
    So I'm considering picking up one of these leather cases in black for my iPhone 5. My main concern is the lightning cutout. Can someone tell me if you can see the 2 screws that flank the port? I have 2 Belkin lightning cables and I won't spend $80+ on a case/new cables. Feel free to post a picture too - I can usually tell if the cable will fit as long as the picture is clear (all the ones I've seen so far are from awkward angles and it's hard to gauge). Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    11-03-2013 10:15 PM
    So I'm considering picking up one of these leather cases in black for my iPhone 5. My main concern is the lightning cutout. Can someone tell me if you can see the 2 screws that flank the port? I have 2 Belkin lightning cables and I won't spend $80+ on a case/new cables. Feel free to post a picture too - I can usually tell if the cable will fit as long as the picture is clear (all the ones I've seen so far are from awkward angles and it's hard to gauge). Thanks!!

Screws do not show.
    11-03-2013 10:16 PM
    Screws do not show.
    Wow, thanks for the quick reply! Can you see any of the screws? I have a Belkin Sheer Candy that's been revised with oval cutout - I can see about 1/2 or 1/4 of the screw and my cable still fits.

11-03-2013 10:18 PM
    Wow, thanks for the quick reply! Can you see any of the screws? I have a Belkin Sheer Candy that's been revised with oval cutout - I can see about 1/2 or 1/4 of the screw and my cable still fits.

Maybe an ⅛ of one screw.
    iLive an iLife likes this.
    11-03-2013 10:21 PM
    Maybe an ⅛ of one screw.
    Man, Karen, you are on it!! Thanks again. I'm going to take a look at my cable in the morning. Maybe I'll swing by the Verizon store after work to take a look (there is construction near my house and it's a real pain to get anywhere).

11-03-2013 10:23 PM
    Has anyone applied a leather protectant to their case? I have the red and while it was easily the best case I have ever used, the grime around the edges made it look dingy. I am not talking simply oils from my hands, but actual black grime. I am pretty careful about my phone, but all of the in-and-out of pockets, daily use, etc must have taken a toll. Now I am left with a great case that I won't use because I feel it diminishes the look of my phone. I want to get the red one again, and this time use a protectant, but only if others can attest that it has caused the case to resist grime.

Thanks!!
    11-05-2013 09:54 AM
    Has anyone applied a leather protectant to their case? I have the red and while it was easily the best case I have ever used, the grime around the edges made it look dingy. I am not talking simply oils from my hands, but actual black grime. I am pretty careful about my phone, but all of the in-and-out of pockets, daily use, etc must have taken a toll. Now I am left with a great case that I won't use because I feel it diminishes the look of my phone. I want to get the red one again, and this time use a protectant, but only if others can attest that it has caused the case to resist grime.

Thanks!!
    I'd try to clean it and see what happens. From what I've seen so far, it's going to scuff, get dirty, and worn. Even if you were to put a protectant on it, I think the constant contact with other things will scuff and break in the leather.

I'm treating it like a leather jacket- you can put all kinds of stuff on it, but it's going to get broken in. Especially since we're constantly handling the phone. The first stain, scratch, scuff ruins the look of a new leather jacket but over time it will look great broken in. That's what I'm hoping for with the leather case. Maybe it will look really cool to have that contrast of the sleek, glass front panel with a old-school, worn leather case.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    11-06-2013 12:30 PM
    Here are pics of my red case after a month. I'm wondering if others are seeing this type of wear??
    Official Leather iPhone 5/S case who likes it-imageuploadedbytapatalk1383787300.506573.jpg
    Official Leather iPhone 5/S case who likes it-imageuploadedbytapatalk1383787328.456738.jpg
    Official Leather iPhone 5/S case who likes it-imageuploadedbytapatalk1383787358.359055.jpgOfficial Leather iPhone 5/S case who likes it-imageuploadedbytapatalk1383787378.110808.jpg
    nikkisharif likes this.
    11-06-2013 08:23 PM
    Here are pics of my red case after a month. I'm wondering if others are seeing this type of wear??
    Yes. I just figure it's normal for leather and I know I handle my phone all the time with sweaty hands while exercising so I'd expect it to discolor. Just adds character IMO.
    Fausty82 and nikkisharif like this.
    11-06-2013 08:25 PM
    Yes. I just figure it's normal for leather and I know I handle my phone all the time with sweaty hands while exercising so I'd expect it to discolor. Just adds character IMO.
    Thanks Karen. I just wasn't sure if this was typical though I'd seen others talk about it. I guess getting black would reduce it but I LOVE the red.
    11-06-2013 08:26 PM
    Thanks Karen. I just wasn't sure if this was typical though I'd seen others talk about it. I guess getting black would reduce it but I LOVE the red.
    I still love mine too. I haven't bothered trying leather cleaner on it.
    11-06-2013 08:27 PM
    Me, too. I love the look of the red leather case as it ages... complete with the oils and minor scuffs from daily use.
    11-06-2013 10:51 PM
    I finally bought a beige one last week and I love it. It holds up pretty good. Dropped my phone on the asphalt when I was getting out my truck the other day...not a scratch on it or the phone.
    phreddyl likes this.
    11-07-2013 06:51 PM
156 ... 4567