Wow. I should of returned mine.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using iMore Forums mobile app
    10-09-2013 12:05 AM
    Here are some pics of the red leather case on my black 5S. I will say, that after 24 hours, I am starting to see some collection of dirt on the leather. So keep that in mind when purchasing any of the lighter colors like beige and yellow. With that said, I LOVE the look and feel of this case. Particularly the feel you get. It is hard to describe. The fit is impeccable but you'll have that when Apple is making the case intended for its own device.

Attachment 38610Attachment 38611Attachment 38612Attachment 38613Attachment 38614Attachment 38615
    Can you wash it?
    10-09-2013 03:51 AM
    I'm really confused how so many are having issues with the red leather case and "staining"...I've now had my 5S for almost 2 weeks, and it's been in the red leather case the entire time...no special precautions taken with it, no overly careful handling...and it's still looking GREAT. It has some wear along the edges, and some matting to the material on the exterior, but to me, it's actually IMPROVING the look of the case. Even the buttons, which are easily the most wear prone areas of the case, are looking fine.

I keep reading about how easily it stains, but I just fully disagree...I'm a freakin' cop and this thing gets put in cup holders, pockets, hands, desks, car seats, tables, couches and whatever else you'd normally see through a day, and I have no "staining" at all.

I think what people are calling "stains" is actually the patina of the leather material developing.
    Agreed. Mine still looks great to me after about three weeks. Sure it's a bit darker on the corners but that's normal for leather. And I'm not that careful with it. I've picked it up with damp sweaty hands while exercising many times.
    10-09-2013 08:03 AM
    Every time I see pics of the Apple case in Red I start tripping. Looks so good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    10-09-2013 08:35 AM
    That red does pop. I dislike the price for it though. It's a bit too high for what we are getting. Could spend same amount or less for more and better protection, have looks and screen protector.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    10-09-2013 09:04 AM
    That red does pop. I dislike the price for it though. It's a bit too high for what we are getting. Could spend same amount or less for more and better protection, have looks and screen protector.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    That's your opinion...I personally feel that for the price, there isn't another case on the market that looks better, and this one offers perfectly adequate protection without being too overbearing on the form of the phone (you'll never see me using an otterbox or lifeproof daily, I have an otterbox on my work iPhone 5, and I hate the thing).
    10-09-2013 09:24 AM
    Brown for me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    jmr1015 likes this.
    10-09-2013 09:27 AM
    Here's some shots of my red case...

10-09-2013 09:47 AM
    I like the look when they start to age.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    10-09-2013 10:10 AM
    I got the blue and I sprayed it with leather all protector for shoes. Seems to help with some of the dirt but still allows oils to age the leather.
    anon4757448 likes this.
    10-09-2013 10:18 AM
    Brown for me...

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/09/ajydyryh.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Ok... I'm definitely getting a brown case. That looks great.
    10-09-2013 06:38 PM
    I decided to go down to the Apple Store and try out this case from their stock, I ended up purchasing it. I'm absolutely loving it feels very lightweight and the grip is very good. It does feel very luxurious and is comfortable in the hand. My only complaint is the size of the holes in the bottom, I can no longer use my Apple lightning to 30 pin adapter for my dock and my headphones don't plug-in properly in the headphone jack. I found some workarounds to resolve these problems and plan on keeping this case, I have about 10 cases for my iPhone 5 and this is by far my favorite of the bunch. I went with the black after reading all of the reports on this thread about how quickly it gets dirty.

*****Team Jailbreak, sent using TapaTalk
    iPhone 5, iPad 2, Apple TV 3, Macbook Air
    Tweet @LondonComp ***
    How did you work around you 30 pin to 8 pin adapter working with your case??
    10-09-2013 07:00 PM
    How did you work around you 30 pin to 8 pin adapter working with your case??
    My Logitech dock has a Aux port for audio input and I just use the Lightening cable that came with the phone and plug it into my iPad charger which I keep by my bed. I also have a Fiio headphone amp so I plug my AudioTechnica headphones into the amp and use a smaller patch cord from the amp to my iPhone which is smaller in diameter so with a little push it will fit thru the case and plug in with a good connection. I had all these things already so it was just a different way of doing things.

I've got to say again that I am really liking this case, it doesn't really feel like a case it feels like it is part of the phone, like the phone itself has a leather back.

Tweet @LondonComp ***
    10-09-2013 08:01 PM
    Can you wash it?
    I'd imagine you can, by hand, with a gentle leather cleaner.
    10-09-2013 08:35 PM
    It's a gateway drug! Started with the blue and just bought the red.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk now Free
    10-12-2013 05:58 PM
    That's the case that I have now. But It attracts heaps of dirt. I'm thinking about getting a leather cleaner
    10-12-2013 06:08 PM
    I started out with black on black, and it looked cool but I kinda felt like it was too damn boring lol just another black case on another black iPhone lmao so I exchanged it for a red one and can't help but look how bad *** it is - it just screams race car imo ... as if I had white, I'd opt for black or red again... just my 2 worth
    10-12-2013 07:54 PM
    The red looks phenomenal on the white. It's my fall/winter case. The blue leather will be spring/summer. Plus now my phone and case are Team Canada colours and Senators colours. ๐Ÿ˜
    10-12-2013 09:13 PM
    The red looks phenomenal on the white. It's my fall/winter case. The blue leather will be spring/summer. Plus now my phone and case are Team Canada colours and Senators colours. ๐Ÿ˜
    Blue & White, which team? Think south of the capital

Tweet @LondonComp ***
    10-12-2013 10:43 PM
    Blue & White, which team? Think south of the capital

Tweet @LondonComp ***
    I got the blue in spite of the Laffs. Besides, it's baby blue. Not suck blue. ๐Ÿ˜/hockeywars
    10-12-2013 10:46 PM
    I got the blue in spite of the Laffs. Besides, it's baby blue. Not suck blue. ๐Ÿ˜/hockeywars

Tweet @LondonComp ***
    10-12-2013 10:48 PM
    They always do that. Then in February...
    10-12-2013 10:48 PM
    If it helps there are 4 occasions I have to root for the Laffs.

When they play Montreal.

It's always distasteful and I feel gross after, but I can never root for Montreal.
    Last edited by reeneebob; 10-12-2013 at 11:14 PM.
    10-12-2013 10:52 PM
    If it helps there are 4 occasions I have to root for the Laffs.

When they Montreal.

It's always distasteful and I feel gross after, but I can never root for Montreal.
    Well at least we can agree on that

Tweet @LondonComp ***
    reeneebob likes this.
    10-12-2013 10:54 PM
    Stay on topic please. We have sports forums for this.
    10-12-2013 11:20 PM
79 1234