I got the blue for my space gray 5s and love it. Like mentioned the feel is hard to describe but its very nice. Worried about keeping it clean so I will see how it goes for the next week or so and if it gets dingy I will just swap for the black.
    09-23-2013 09:23 PM
    Getting "dingy" will make it look better IMO.

Still hoping the navy or grey leather comes out.
    09-23-2013 10:21 PM
    I will be picking up the Red one tomorrow for my Silver/White 5S. Been using a Red Incipio NGP with my White 4S for the past few weeks and like the color combo alot. May also pick up the black one too
    09-24-2013 01:35 AM
    Here are some pics of the red leather case on my black 5S. I will say, that after 24 hours, I am starting to see some collection of dirt on the leather. So keep that in mind when purchasing any of the lighter colors like beige and yellow. With that said, I LOVE the look and feel of this case. Particularly the feel you get. It is hard to describe. The fit is impeccable but you'll have that when Apple is making the case intended for its own device.

Attachment 38610Attachment 38611Attachment 38612Attachment 38613Attachment 38614Attachment 38615

By the way Finn, this looks absolutely sick....love it.
    09-24-2013 01:37 AM
    Told ya! Once you see it, you have to own it. Am I right?
    You were right man. The way it looks and feels on the phone is crazy. My only worry is the edges. If I drop my phone face down since the case it so close to the rims of the phone will it affect the screen?
    Other than that. It's so beautiful.
    09-24-2013 02:25 AM
    After seeing all these positive reviews I'm glad I ordered one it was shipped today should be here soon
    09-24-2013 02:27 AM
    Red is a good option. I like the way it contrasts the white. What I have noticed is the phone is starting to catch up dust 😒.
    I'm obsessed with making my device look clean.
    09-24-2013 03:12 AM
    I got the gold iPhone. So I ordered a brown leather case from apple and a pecan leather Pantera from Orbino.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    Lucky you. Gold was my first option , but they Neva had it. Blah.
    09-24-2013 03:19 AM
    Can't go with a red just because of my hatred of Ohio State.
    09-24-2013 04:10 AM
    Why so you hate Ohio ?
    09-24-2013 05:54 AM
    History of University of Michigan vs Ohio State University

That pretty much sums it up......sports rivalry related
    Sekelani Zwambila likes this.
    09-24-2013 07:05 AM
    History of University of Michigan vs Ohio State University

That pretty much sums it up......sports rivalry related
    Fair enough buddy. I would feel the same if I were in your shoes.
    09-24-2013 09:06 AM
    As a Hoosier, I can agree with part of that statement. I have a deep and profound hatred for An Ohio State University... but I am partial to red (more correctly, Crimson).
    09-24-2013 10:11 AM
    Told ya! Once you see it, you have to own it. Am I right?
    Went and looked at them at my Apple store today and after trying the leather case on my iPhone 5 I didn't like it and ended up canceling the online order that I placed for the Blue one. I did not like that it was slightly slippery and it seems like it will attract dirt particles very easily. This is just my opinion and I think it's good to check them out in the store first.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2.
    09-24-2013 10:32 AM
    Went and looked at them at my Apple store today and after trying the leather case on my iPhone 5 I didn't like it and ended up canceling the online order that I placed for the Blue one. I did not like that it was slightly slippery and it seems like it will attract dirt particles very easily. This is just my opinion and I think it's good to check them out in the store first.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2.
    I was a little worried about the grip too. I do find it to have much more grip than the clear case I was using. I liked that the clear case showed the beauty of the phone, but that straight plastic is very slippery.

As for the case attracting dirt, I am starting to realize that what I thought was dirt showing, is likely a side effect of the oils in my hand affecting the leather. I say this because the case is primarily darkening along the back edges, which is exactly where my grip is. I guess time will tell how long I can and will tolerate it. Truth be told I would prefer to go naked, but I never have and the nervousness of damaging the phone overwhelms me.
    09-24-2013 10:59 AM
    I was reading some other reviews on this case and people said that it was surprisingly hard and slippery, that it felt like Styrofoam and they were concerned that they were going to drop it. Has anyone else experienced this?

*****Team Jailbreak, sent using TapaTalk
    iPhone 5, iPad 2, Apple TV 3, Macbook Air
    Tweet @LondonComp ***
    09-24-2013 12:26 PM
    I don't know if I would call it slippery. I like that it isn't super grippy so you can pull it out of your pocket easily. It's just a nice comfortable, soft feel. And I like that it does have a lip over the edge to protect the screen if you lay it on its face. Many cases are flush with the screen so no protection. No, it isn't an otterbox, but I would hate having such a bulky case. I bought the Iphone partly because its so thin and fairly small. To put a huge rubber case over it defeats that purpose. Now if I worked construction or something like that where damage would be more likely maybe I would use something with more protection at work, but day to day would be annoying IMO.
    09-24-2013 12:38 PM
    I was reading some other reviews on this case and people said that it was surprisingly hard and slippery, that it felt like Styrofoam and they were concerned that they were going to drop it. Has anyone else experienced this?

Tweet @LondonComp ***
    I've been using the case for a few days and it's not slippery. It's ridged and smooth. What I have noticed is the case gets dirty easily. It attracts dust and dirt. I have the red case on a white iPhone 5s.
    09-27-2013 06:29 AM
    I got the blue for my space gray 5s and love it. Like mentioned the feel is hard to describe but its very nice. Worried about keeping it clean so I will see how it goes for the next week or so and if it gets dingy I will just swap for the black.
    The only fall back with this case is that it gets dirty quickly
    09-27-2013 06:32 AM
    I decided to go down to the Apple Store and try out this case from their stock, I ended up purchasing it. I'm absolutely loving it feels very lightweight and the grip is very good. It does feel very luxurious and is comfortable in the hand. My only complaint is the size of the holes in the bottom, I can no longer use my Apple lightning to 30 pin adapter for my dock and my headphones don't plug-in properly in the headphone jack. I found some workarounds to resolve these problems and plan on keeping this case, I have about 10 cases for my iPhone 5 and this is by far my favorite of the bunch. I went with the black after reading all of the reports on this thread about how quickly it gets dirty.

Tweet @LondonComp ***
    10-08-2013 04:00 PM
    I went with the black case. I want the red, but I'm concerned with how well it will age.

I will probably pick up a saddle brown one as well.
    10-08-2013 04:33 PM
    I went with the black case. I want the red, but I'm concerned with how well it will age.

I will probably pick up a saddle brown one as well.
    We just returned a red case for the black case. The red case looks really bad and dirty after a short period of time, even if it only ever goes into a pocket. Hopefully the black works well ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    10-08-2013 05:55 PM
    We just returned a red case for the black case. The red case looks really bad and dirty after a short period of time, even if it only ever goes into a pocket. Hopefully the black works well ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    I had the same problems. How long is your warranty for the Red case

Sent from my GT-N7105 using iMore Forums mobile app
    10-08-2013 11:53 PM
    I had the same problems. How long is your warranty for the Red case

Sent from my GT-N7105 using iMore Forums mobile app
    They let you return it to the apple store within two weeks, no questions asked. We didn't even have the box, they just scanned the receipt on the apple store app.
    10-08-2013 11:58 PM
    I'm really confused how so many are having issues with the red leather case and "staining"...I've now had my 5S for almost 2 weeks, and it's been in the red leather case the entire time...no special precautions taken with it, no overly careful handling...and it's still looking GREAT. It has some wear along the edges, and some matting to the material on the exterior, but to me, it's actually IMPROVING the look of the case. Even the buttons, which are easily the most wear prone areas of the case, are looking fine.

I keep reading about how easily it stains, but I just fully disagree...I'm a freakin' cop and this thing gets put in cup holders, pockets, hands, desks, car seats, tables, couches and whatever else you'd normally see through a day, and I have no "staining" at all.

I think what people are calling "stains" is actually the patina of the leather material developing.
    10-09-2013 12:05 AM
79 1234