Cannot charge Mophie Juice Pack after iOS 7 update

RemmyZero

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else run into this? I kind of expected this since iOS 7 prevents unauthorized chargers from charging the phone. The pack itself works but if I want to charge the pack with the phone in it then i'm out of luck.

I emailed mophie about 2 months ago because I was having sporadic issues with the supplied USB cable causing this issue so I resorted to a motorola micro USB wall plug I had, which worked great. Now my workaround doesn't work at all. Just wondering what you guys are seeing.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else run into this? I kind of expected this since iOS 7 prevents unauthorized chargers from charging the phone. The pack itself works but if I want to charge the pack with the phone in it then i'm out of luck.

I emailed mophie about 2 months ago because I was having sporadic issues with the supplied USB cable causing this issue so I resorted to a motorola micro USB wall plug I had, which worked great. Now my workaround doesn't work at all. Just wondering what you guys are seeing.

I’ve been running iOS 7 since June (beta 1) with my Mophie... nary an issue. Have you tried using the stock Apple charge block with a micro USB cable?

Otherwise, I got nothing to offer in the way of a solution.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site

Weird. My mophie just decided to stop charging too. But it happened the night BEFORE the update. So just a coincidence for me...I think. ;)

mechelle723

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I also just recently had to update my iphone with the new I Os7 software and now my fully charged mophie charging case will can't charge my phone. I am trying to charge my phone with the orginal apple charging block like suggested. But this was never an issue before. any other ideas on why my mophie is unable to charge my phone now?

mechelle723

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Yes I have that exact same annoying problem right now. my mophie has a full charge, and once my iphone5 is dying ill hit the switch, and it displays a lightning bolt of charge for about 5 seconds and then stop; the mophie has been completely drained.

RemmyZero

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for the delay....I actually gave the serial numbers to Mophie and they said it was a genuine product (which I did purchase used on ebay) and when I just use the juice pack as a battery it's fine, the issue just being with the microUSB. I will try the apple charging block. I *believe* part of the issue is that iOS7 is designed to block unauthorized chargers which is why it happens so quick. I'll just have to take it up with Mophie I suppose.

**edit**

Just tried the apple charging block but no dice. I did downgrade back to iOS6 before they stopped singing it so I don't have the problem as often.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Sorry for the delay....I actually gave the serial numbers to Mophie and they said it was a genuine product (which I did purchase used on ebay) and when I just use the juice pack as a battery it's fine, the issue just being with the microUSB. I will try the apple charging block. I *believe* part of the issue is that iOS7 is designed to block unauthorized chargers which is why it happens so quick. I'll just have to take it up with Mophie I suppose.

**edit**

Just tried the apple charging block but no dice. I did downgrade back to iOS6 before they stopped singing it so I don't have the problem as often.

I’m curious. Does the Mophie not charge, or does it charge, but you get that message to display? I have heard of this happening both ways... some get the message you described, and for some of those, the Mophie does charge, despite the message.

RemmyZero

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I?m curious. Does the Mophie not charge, or does it charge, but you get that message to display? I have heard of this happening both ways... some get the message you described, and for some of those, the Mophie does charge, despite the message.

No unfortunately when I get this message it stops charging entirely. Otherwise I wouldn't really care other than it being a nuisance message.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
My Mophie Air charged fine on iOS 7 on my i5. Have yet to try it on my 5s.

YUP!! Same thing..WOW! Thought I was going crazy...Even worse, The APPLE STORE sold me my MOPHIE so what the heck!!!! That should make it approved!

My Mophie Air does work perfectly on my iPhone 5S. It worked on my iPhone 5 with iOS 7, as well. Same for my wife's Mophie Helium and her iPhone 5 with iOS 7.

My only suggestion would be to contact Mophie and see what they say.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR