iPhone 5 Screen Protectors on 5S? (Home Button)

rednocturne307

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Will iPhone 5 screen protectors fit the 5S?

My basic concern is whether or not he home button on the 5S the same size as the one on the 5 with the stainless steel ring around it. I have some iPhone 5 screen protectors that were my mom's (I have the 4S) and I want to make sure they will fit and not interfere with the home button or sensor.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Will iPhone 5 screen protectors fit the 5S?

My basic concern is whether or not he home button on the 5S the same size as the one on the 5 with the stainless steel ring around it. I have some iPhone 5 screen protectors that were my mom's (I have the 4S) and I want to make sure they will fit and not interfere with the home button or sensor.

Maybe. We have to wait and see if it will interfere with the fingerprint scanner. I wouldn't think so but until its actually out in the wild, we are just guessing

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I think some will fit and maybe others won't. The one I am using would as the home button cut out was made just a tad bit larger for an easier fit.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iMore Forums mobile app

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I've moved this to the Accessories forum.

​I suspect the current screen protectors will not work. The button hole will need to be a tiny bit larger.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I am guessing not, I have a few PowerSupport Crystals from before their demise, and I will be curious if they fit or not. I THOUGHT they had a slightly larger hole than say a Zagg Invisible Shield did, but we'll see. I might have to check out Spigen's or something. I am highly unlikely to go with a wet apply this time around due to that sensor but I don't go without one.

rednocturne307

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone comment on this yet? I wish this hadn't gotten moved to the accessories forum. Might take longer to an answer here. This is a question about the phone itself, not any other specific product.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
According to Spigen and TruProtection, their iPhone 5 protectors fit the 5S just fine. I saw a 5S in person the other day and held it beside my 4S and the button on the 5S actually looks smaller overall, inclusive of the TouchID.

Terb

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I installed the spigen glass screen protector on my new 5s tonight .
Is a perfect fit as spigen says.

UnbornApple

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
According to Spigen and TruProtection, their iPhone 5 protectors fit the 5S just fine. I saw a 5S in person the other day and held it beside my 4S and the button on the 5S actually looks smaller overall, inclusive of the TouchID.

My Zagg shield for the 5 fits the 5S perfectly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2