Apple Leather Case for iPhone 5S

LadyFos4Mac

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Just from the pics on the site, is anyone planning to purchase the case designed by Apple? I, myself, have kept my 4 in an Otterbox Defender most of it's life but sometimes it gets bulky........but I love the protection. I was thinking of maybe purchasing a screen protector in addition to the leather apple case. Do you guys think that will be enough protection?

ricnmar

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I will not get the leather case (not at first anyways) since I will probably swipe one of my son's old iPhone 5 cases. After a while I might think about getting the leather, but he has a couple of the Otterbox cases for me to choose from.

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm planning on getting the dark tan looking case. I think it'll go very nicely with the black 5S

If at first you don't succeed, hide all evidence you've tried.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I think I'm going for a non standard look of gold with yellow case

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

Richard Nieves

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
If only they had a navy blue, although if the tan one looks like a burnt orange in real life, I might consider it. I wish they had more colors.

I do really like the idea of the apple cases though. I actually was hoping they would do that. I don't like plastic cases because they are slippery and will break As soon as you drop them but they are thin compared to the silicon cases which are bulky and generally not attractive. Then you have the tough cases which are too bulky. There may be simple, thin, attractive leather cases for iPhones, but I haven't seen any. I also like that the made a proper camera hole.many of the camera holes are too wide and thus look awkward because you can see the shift in material on the iPhone (this is probably just my designer eye though and isn't important :) ). The other thing I don't like about cases is the way they feel. Leather feels great in the hand and has good grip so its a nice move.

PLEASE APPLE! Make some less bright colors like the navy blue of my smartcover! Or at least a gray

LadyFos4Mac

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Hmm. I was thinking the Gold phone w/ tan leather case or the Silver Phone w/ light blue leather case....but who am I kidding? I need something along the lines of an Otterbox or Lifeproof...Im clumsy.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Just from the pics on the site, is anyone planning to purchase the case designed by Apple? I, myself, have kept my 4 in an Otterbox Defender most of it's life but sometimes it gets bulky........but I love the protection. I was thinking of maybe purchasing a screen protector in addition to the leather apple case. Do you guys think that will be enough protection?

I am seriously, shamelessly lusting after those leather cases. The problem is...what colour? Distressed brown leather is my weakness and so I'm drooling just thinking about how it will look when it starts to wear.

BB8130<BB8330<BB9530<Palm Pre<HTC Desire Z<Galaxy S i9000M<iPhone 4<Palm Pixi Plus<Lumia 720<BB 9900<SGS 3<BB Z10<iPhone 5

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
The leather case looks awesome. Ill definitely grab that case for my work device. I can keep my work device in a regular case, because if it happens to break, I won't be stuck with the full price replacement.

I will keep my personal in the OtterBox Defender. I can't risk breaking my personal device and needing to shell out $700 for a new one.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I have no plans to buy this case, it doesn't appeal to me for a number of reasons but mostly because it doesn't look to protect the screen enough for my liking.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I have no plans to buy this case, it doesn't appeal to me for a number of reasons but mostly because it doesn't look to protect the screen enough for my liking.

I had a brief thought of buying one of these cases but I don't think that I can part with my BookBook.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR