A good iPhone 5 telephoto lens?

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone, I've been considering purchasing a telephoto lens kit for my iPhone 5 and am wondering if any of you have recommendations for a good one. I don't need to break the bank, but I'd also like something that will allow me to take decent pictures from a distance. Do any of you have suggestions? Thanks in advance!

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone, I've been considering purchasing a telephoto lens kit for my iPhone 5 and am wondering if any of you have recommendations for a good one. I don't need to break the bank, but I'd also like something that will allow me to take decent pictures from a distance. Do any of you have suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Check out the Olloclip. They make some of the best lenses for iPhones.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I love my Olloclip. Only bad thing is that you need to use it without a case. I just use the Olloclip on my old 4s and transfer the pictures to my 5.

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I saw that Olloclip introduced their telephoto lens, but at $100, it's pretty steep. Is it worth the cost? Or are there less expensive quality lenses equivalent to it?

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I saw that Olloclip introduced their telephoto lens, but at $100, it's pretty steep. Is it worth the cost? Or are there less expensive quality lenses equivalent to it?

If you want an iPhone lens that provides equivalent quality to a DSLR, then it's totally worth the price. If you're happy settling for lower quality, check out some other alternatives.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, Alli. It looks like they have some great stuff on there and for reasonable prices, too. Would you consider them a very reputable shop?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Thanks, Alli. It looks like they have some great stuff on there and for reasonable prices, too. Would you consider them a very reputable shop?

Yup! I've used them several times. My only complaint with them has been that sometimes they're sloooooow.