Got My nuud Today! (iPhone 5)

dobermansrule

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I have a Zagg screen protector and have used the Nuud under the water with no problems but I do have people say they cannot hear me so I open the battery door and it seems to fix it. Does anybody else pinkie rub against the headphone adapter and irritate it ?

Yes! All the time on my frē case but I eventually got used to it and move my pinkie sometimes.

bahandi

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Well, got a reply from Life Proof. I don't qualify for a warranty replacement because they don't ship internationally. Guess I'll have to return the case and wait till later batches fix the sound quality issues.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I think I spoke too soon - all of a sudden, everyone I've talked to on the phone has been complaining that they can't hear me. I've gotten caught in a couple rainstorms between now and when I posted my follow up review. According to Lifeproof, the membranes can stick to the phone causing muffled audio for other callers. I blew some compressed air through the port (per Lifeproof's recommendation), took the case off/put it back on and even tried enabling hearing aid mode - nothing has helped. I think I am going to exchange my case tomorrow at Best Buy. I definitely want to get this worked out ASAP because the Lifeproof Nuud is hands down the best case I've ever had on my iPhone (a little off topic, but do the Fre cases have this issue as well?).

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
In think the fre sounds a lot better. I know some will argue this but at least in my time with both of them I kept the fre.

jerome g

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I think I spoke too soon - all of a sudden, everyone I've talked to on the phone has been complaining that they can't hear me. I've gotten caught in a couple rainstorms between now and when I posted my follow up review. According to Lifeproof, the membranes can stick to the phone causing muffled audio for other callers. I blew some compressed air through the port (per Lifeproof's recommendation), took the case off/put it back on and even tried enabling hearing aid mode - nothing has helped. I think I am going to exchange my case tomorrow at Best Buy. I definitely want to get this worked out ASAP because the Lifeproof Nuud is hands down the best case I've ever had on my iPhone (a little off topic, but do the Fre cases have this issue as well?).

The fre has that issue also, I almost gave up on it, but that blowing thing worked after a few days of doing it everyday. Mine was a brand new replacement and I didn't take it in the water, so all I can think of is that during the manufacturing process those membranes get stuck together.

jerome g

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
In think the fre sounds a lot better. I know some will argue this but at least in my time with both of them I kept the fre.

I haven't tried the Nuud but I think I'll stick with the Fre, I like the extra protection of the screen, it works fine for me

justinkk2005

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
My Nuud leaked after just one drop. I had dropped the phone about 2 ft off of a desk and decided to water test after the drop to be safe... water poured into the ear piece port on top (using the provided insert so that you can water test). :(

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
My Nuud leaked after just one drop. I had dropped the phone about 2 ft off of a desk and decided to water test after the drop to be safe... water poured into the ear piece port on top (using the provided insert so that you can water test). :(

​I believe they state that once dropped it has to be sure the seal is tight again..

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks I never did test mine when I bought it and after it took a large hit during my Motorcycle accident

Will check it this weekend

Sent from my iPhone 5
Well being in the Motorcycle business I hope you are ok, The case and or phone can be replaced. :)

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
So I've got to admit. I am really disappointed with my N??d. I actually had to return it for a refund. My first case was fantastic until about 3 weeks in when I started getting complaints that no one could hear me. I ended up taking the case back and exchanging it for another one. That case failed the water test. Exchanged again and that one also failed the water test. I just ended up scrapping it and getting my money back. I don't truly need a waterproof case but the peace of mind was nice.

For the time being I'm back to my Otterbox Commuter. I'm looking for something a little more protective but I'm not sure I want to take the plunge for a Defender. The SPIGEN Tough Armor looks good but I'm not familiar with the company.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

jerome g

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
So I've got to admit. I am really disappointed with my N??d. I actually had to return it for a refund. My first case was fantastic until about 3 weeks in when I started getting complaints that no one could hear me. I ended up taking the case back and exchanging it for another one. That case failed the water test. Exchanged again and that one also failed the water test. I just ended up scrapping it and getting my money back. I don't truly need a waterproof case but the peace of mind was nice.

For the time being I'm back to my Otterbox Commuter. I'm looking for something a little more protective but I'm not sure I want to take the plunge for a Defender. The SPIGEN Tough Armor looks good but I'm not familiar with the company.

Take a look at the casemate Xtreme case- it is like the defender, but thinner and screen protector is better IMO, they are not that expensive on Amazon.

dobermansrule

May 23, 2013
Visit site
If it wasn't for my frē being perfect, I would probably get the Spigen Tough Armor case. I really like the look of it but I like the Slim Armor better cause you can change out the back...

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
If it wasn't for my frē being perfect, I would probably get the Spigen Tough Armor case. I really like the look of it but I like the Slim Armor better cause you can change out the back...

I love the Tough Armor too. I'm pretty sure you can change out the back plate in the Tough too. It's definitely a 2-piece case.

PS - I'll have to check out the Case-Mate case too! Thanks for the recommendation!

Last edited:

gabbylovesthis

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
So do you use your Lifeproof nuud with the Zagg screen? If so, what Zagg screen (regular or case-friendly)? Have you found any problems when using them together?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73