Got My nuud Today! (iPhone 5)

awtryau89

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
Alli are you running ios 7? Do you have this issue? Thanks

Yes, I run iOS7 Beta 3 as my daily driver right now. It definitely effects Control Center. Its going to be interesting to see how case mfgs handle this because I don't think Apple is going to change. There will be many cases that cover the front of the iphone that will be hindered.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I run iOS7 Beta 3 as my daily driver right now. It definitely effects Control Center. Its going to be interesting to see how case mfgs handle this because I don't think Apple is going to change. There will be many cases that cover the front of the iphone that will be hindered.

I guess the Fre is spared this issue as I have plenty of space on the bottom of the case for this new CC you speak of

In fact I like the top half design of the Fre as my iPhone is white but it seems black due to the Home Button cover all you see is a white screen outline which looks classy

Sent from my iPhone 5

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

Does it make control center unusable?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Does it make control center unusable?

Good Question we need confirmation on this

I'm surprised that Lifeproof would come out with a high end new design this late in the game not knowing the changes that could be coming down the Apple pipeline

Sent from my iPhone 5

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Good Question we need confirmation on this

I'm surprised that Lifeproof would come out with a high end new design this late in the game not knowing the changes that could be coming down the Apple pipeline

Sent from my iPhone 5

​Everyone found out about the changes at the same time at WWDC. Nobody got the news beforehand.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Pulling down NC now is not a problem, and the location hasn't changed in iOS 7. Its at the same point on the bottom, so I don't see why that would be a problem either.

awtryau89

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
Trust me, in my normal use, it was a problem. If you use your phone like I do, operations like this become second nature where I don't really think about it and the Nuud made me have to think about where I placed my finger, make sure I was touching the screen just right, not activating any of the apps in the dock, etc. I could get it to work like the video if I wanted to but its not close to being as fluid as without the case. I would compare it to typing with the Fre. You can do it its just not nearly as easy as without the screen shield and you will have to press down sometimes. I also have an Incipio Atlas and its a little better but still has the same issues with it not working 100% of the time.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Alli, I took the plunge and got a Nuud. I am completely in love. This case took everything I loved about the Fre and improved upon it! The screen less technology is killer, my phone calls have all be really clear (both in my end and the other caller's) and the audio is terrific! Really, really, really satisfied! Plus I got a case with a perfectly straight home button!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Alli, I took the plunge and got a Nuud. I am completely in love. This case took everything I loved about the Fre and improved upon it! The screen less technology is killer, my phone calls have all be really clear (both in my end and the other caller's) and the audio is terrific! Really, really, really satisfied! Plus I got a case with a perfectly straight home button!

Yay!!!! I've found that I have no issues with the home button. I was beginning to worry that I had a problem, but with the N??d a single press works every time, so it must just have been me.

@awtryau89 - looks like you have to put some effort in with any case that's actually protective. I'd rather have that protection.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Yay!!!! I've found that I have no issues with the home button. I was beginning to worry that I had a problem, but with the N??d a single press works every time, so it must just have been me.

@awtryau89 - looks like you have to put some effort in with any case that's actually protective. I'd rather have that protection.

I've had no issues with my home button at all. This case is the definition of perfect (for me at least).

If the Control Center operates anything like Notification Center, I won't have any problems. I can pull down NC at the drop of a hat. A

Fischkind#IM

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Someone wanna hook a Canadian brother up? Apparently we won't have them here for another month. I wish I could go across the border for this case. But that involves a ferry ride and then some to get there. I would be willing to pay someone to ship me one up ;)

I love the fre but wouldn't mind upgrading to the nudd especially with all the good reviews it has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

bahandi

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Someone wanna hook a Canadian brother up? Apparently we won't have them here for another month. I wish I could go across the border for this case. But that involves a ferry ride and then some to get there. I would be willing to pay someone to ship me one up ;)

I love the fre but wouldn't mind upgrading to the nudd especially with all the good reviews it has.

I thought Best Buy and Future Shop's web pages said they would be shipped today.

bahandi

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Yea most likely will have to :) totally forgot that option. Hope they aren't on back order.

Ha. I've been hesitant on ordering it since I'm so paranoid about my screens. My paranoia only increased today after dropping my phone screen first in my fre. Phone was fine, of course, but I don't know how I would have reacted if it was in the nuud case.

Fischkind#IM

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Ha. I've been hesitant on ordering it since I'm so paranoid about my screens. My paranoia only increased today after dropping my phone screen first in my fre. Phone was fine, of course, but I don't know how I would have reacted if it was in the nuud case.

That's a worry I have too, I will use the screen protector. But I like the improved sound and all. Seems they hit the ball well on this case.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro