Got My nuud Today! (iPhone 5)

Schufly

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I have the Fre for my iPhone 5. While I love it, I am not a fan of the plastic screen protector. Is the Nuud worth the upgrade? Also, does it work with the LifeProof armband?

I was never a fan of the wavy stuff either. That's the main reason I returned my fre. That whole pillow look on the front, and the gap and the colored plastic wavy bezel around the screen. I think it's worth the money. Yes it will work with your armband. Same physical dimensions as the fre.

prophecyc2

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I purchased this case today and I'm absolutely in love!! Lifeproof hit it out of the park on this one. It's so lightweight. The option of using the screen protector is a nice touch.

bahandi

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I use a screen protector under my fre with no real issues. I'm assuming that since LifeProof provides a scratch protector to go over the screen, I can still keep my screen protector on with the nuud case?

awtryau89

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
I was able to snag one Tuesday. I also have a Fre. I went through numerous Fres until I got a really really good one. The screen protector was nearly flat, the sound was very good and I really liked the case. I purchased the Nuud because I had a Best Buy credit for $80. I thought I would probably return it because of how much I liked the Fre. I immediately installed it and initially liked the case. There was only one issue that really bothered me, the bezel. I was always touching it when typing and it always bothered me on the notification pull down. After using the Nuud through Friday, I figured I liked my Fre better so I put it back on. Although I do like not having a bezel on the Fre, having the Nuud on for 4 days made me realize how great a naked screen really is. I used my Fre all day today and when I got home I put the Nuud back on and its not coming off. I also installed the scratch protector. Its actually really nice quality similar to an SPG. No rainbows and very even. Overall the Nuud just feels a touch more solid than the Fre. The Fre is a bit thinner, by less than a MM. If you have to choose between this and the Fre, I think it is definitely worth the extra $10. Lifeproof has also stated they will have colors. I hope its inside 60 days as I have Premier Silver and would possibly use my extended return. I always liked my flat earth colored Fre.

Schufly

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I think it all depends on the screen protector. The case has to seal flush to the glass. The one that comes with the Nuud is smaller than the seal surface. I put it on after the case was on it and it worked out perfect.

awtryau89

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
I use a screen protector under my fre with no real issues. I'm assuming that since LifeProof provides a scratch protector to go over the screen, I can still keep my screen protector on with the nuud case?

The scratch protector fits inside the bezel so the Nuud does not overlap it. They do not recommend using one but I don't see an issue unless you are truly going to submerge the phone. For normal water resistance it would probably be ok. I initially tried my Nuud with the screen protector I had on my phone and it fit fine. Ultimately I didn't trust it though for full waterproofing.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I have got to stay out of this thread. It's costing me a fortune.

Went to Best Buy today and got the N??d for my 5 and the Fre for my Mini (since Lifeproof told me they have no plans for a N??d for the Mini). The screen on the Mini is so much better than on the iPhone, but the N??d just blows everything away. Man oh man!

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Alli, Schufly or anyone else with the Nuud - do you notice any kind if vibrations on the back whenever your phone rings? My will power is failing me and this case keeps looking better and better. I am trying to find a reason to not get one haha!

Schufly

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Alli, Schufly or anyone else with the Nuud - do you notice any kind if vibrations on the back whenever your phone rings? My will power is failing me and this case keeps looking better and better. I am trying to find a reason to not get one haha!

Yes, there is still the vibration factor up the back of the case. Not as severe as the fre, but it's still there. And with the back being clear, you can't really put anything in there like cloth strips as I have seen suggested in the past on the fre. Not a deal breaker for me, but it's still an issue.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Yes, there is still the vibration factor up the back of the case. Not as severe as the fre, but it's still there. And with the back being clear, you can't really put anything in there like cloth strips as I have seen suggested in the past on the fre. Not a deal breaker for me, but it's still an issue.

Ahhhhhh! When I had the Fre, the vibration on the back of the case was insane! It honestly felt like the phone was on vibrate. I still think this case looks pretty good though haha.

prophecyc2

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Having someone on speaker makes it really bad on them to hear and the vibration is horrible. However, I think I will keep it regardless. I haven't decided yet.

prophecyc2

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Since there are most likely more 4 and 4s's out there than 5's I think it would be a cash cow for them personally.

Sent from my Gameboy Color

I doubt a lot of people with a two year old device are actively looking for a $90 case.

BTW, phone calls are horrible with this case actually. Will probably be returning because that's a deal breaker.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen