Got My nuud Today! (iPhone 5)

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Got the case tonight. Really liking it. Sound seems good. Tested speaker phone too. Only issue I have is the charging port door is hard to open. Will prob get better with more use. I like the white case/black phone combo. I'll take pics tomorrow. Front basically looks like white phone but back clear so you see the black back.

I love that the charger door is hard to open. They actually tightened it up a bit over the Fre case.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I bought one tonight. Taking it back tomorrow. Just something about it I don't like, can't really put my finger on it but I'm sticking with the Fre.

From what I understand the Fre back will fit on the Nuud so if you have other colors you can mix and match. I would test it out but I sold my Fre some time ago. You're the first I have heard say that they like the Fre over the Nuud. The Fre screen protector is just awful.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
From what I understand the Fre back will fit on the Nuud so if you have other colors you can mix and match. I would test it out but I sold my Fre some time ago. You're the first I have heard say that they like the Fre over the Nuud. The Fre screen protector is just awful.

It's weird. Just not sure what it is but I just can't get used to the new case.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Couldn't bring myself to spend $90 on a case so got a Commuter for $25 (in store price match to their own online price). We'll see how long it lasts, the edges are raised a bit more than I'm used to from the Candyshell.

MzDee

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I had the white nuud and took it back. No one could hear me at all and it looks too much like an otterbox to me which I do not like. Stickin with my fre'.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Typing on the Nuud is easier IMO.

.......... until you need to press a key next to the edge of the screen.

also... with iOS 7, accessing control center and the notification center with the NUUD was mostly a hit... but the misses were still too many.

Returning to Bestbuy.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
.......... until you need to press a key next to the edge of the screen.

also... with iOS 7, accessing control center and the notification center with the NUUD was mostly a hit... but the misses were still too many.

Returning to Bestbuy.

I do not have an issues with control center or notification center. Works just fine.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I had the white nuud and took it back. No one could hear me at all and it looks too much like an otterbox to me which I do not like. Stickin with my fre'.

Well Otterbox bought Lifeproof so it's to be expected I guess.

But I'm with you I'm keeping my Fre for now

Sent from my iPhone 5

bahandi

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
This case looks so nice on the phone. The edges don't really interfere with my typing and the swipe (up/down) gestures aren't hampered at all. Talk about disappointment when I placed my first call though.

Where the later batches of the fre case addressed call and sound quality of the first few batches of itself, it seems there may be a few bad cases in this first batch of nuuds.

I've contacted LifeProof to see if I qualify for a replacement as the cases are more expensive up here in Canada. I hope I qualify and I hope the replacement is better since I really like the case.

jerome g

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure if this applies to the Nuud also, but I have the fre and have been having problems with callers hearing me. I took off the case and have been using other cases. I did a search on YouTube for a fix and came across a video, in the meantime I tried blowing through the microphone port again, as well as the instructions on the video. I made a test call and was heard perfectly (well maybe just a slight bit lower volume since there is a barrier between, but really insignificant) and I have been told by the same caller that the case stinks and they and never hear me well. I don't know which technique worked but I am excited and will use the case now as my everyday case. Here is a link to the video.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=stltzFlt78c

Last edited:

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Jerome - I was actually planing on writing a short follow up post about this case.

It's fantastic! I have zero audio problems with calls - everyone can hear my fine, both on and off of speaker. The actual sound volume is a little reduced but that's to be expected with a waterproof case. I personally love the screen protector-less design. I'm careful with my phone but I can't always rely on the weather to do the same. I have been caught in 4 storms these last 2 weeks and, obviously, my N??d has performed like a champ! I am extremely picky whenever it comes to iPhone cases but this is a hands down winner for me! The protection and functionality this case offers can't be beat.

If I had to post a couple negatives, I think $80/$90 for a N??d or Fre is kind of ridiculous (I had horrible pillowing with my Fre and took it back immediately - a case that expensive should be PERFECT in my humble opinion). The bottom lightning port door is very difficult to open (which I guess could be a positive because its truly water tight). If anyone has particular questions or requests, let me know!

Sent from my Lifeproof iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

maliu

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Do NOT use the Fre back on the Nuud even though it fits. The Nuud back is made to be more rigid and is part of the supporting structure for the open front. This info was from LP on their FB page. You can use the clear backs on the Fre with no problem.

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I've had mine for about a week now and have no complaints. I was able to use my discount and get the case for $70. Call quality is fine. I have no problem hearing others and vice versa. Using the speaker phone is not as good without the case but that is to be expected. I'm actually using a Verizon screen protector on the phone and the seal is not affected after doing a water test (not recommended btw). Love the thinner form factor and how easily it slides in and out of my pocket vs my Otterbox Defender case. Dropped it once already unintentionally and no damage.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I've had mine for about a week now and have no complaints. I was able to use my discount and get the case for $70. Call quality is fine. I have no problem hearing others and vice versa. Using the speaker phone is not as good without the case but that is to be expected. I'm actually using a Verizon screen protector on the phone and the seal is not affected after doing a water test (not recommended btw). Love the thinner form factor and how easily it slides in and out of my pocket vs my Otterbox Defender case. Dropped it once already unintentionally and no damage.

I would be careful with the use of a screen protector. That front piece needs to rest 100 percent against the glass.

bahandi

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I would be careful with the use of a screen protector. That front piece needs to rest 100 percent against the glass.

I think the main concern is whether the seal is on the screen protector equally on all sides. Unless of course the added "thickness" of the screen protector compresses the seal too much causing premature failure.

I struggled for a bit with the idea of taking off my screen protector. It looked like the seal completely encompassed the screen protector, but I had doubts on one side. I always have a screen protector on, even under my fre.

I'm still kicking myself in the **** saying I should have checked call quality before taking off the screen protector and throwing my phone into the nuud.

maliu

May 6, 2013
Visit site
The case has a very precise fit. People have found that the case pops open when using a non recommended screen protector due to the added "bulk". Also, it's easy to get a slight gash in the protector that would let water in. There IS a reason they recommend not using a full screen protector. Personally, it's enough of a risk trusting my expensive phone to a case. I follow everything LP says to do or not to do. That said, I've used their cases since I preordered the first cases they ever sold and have not damaged a phone. I caution against "experimentation".

rob90262

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
I have a Zagg screen protector and have used the Nuud under the water with no problems but I do have people say they cannot hear me so I open the battery door and it seems to fix it. Does anybody else pinkie rub against the headphone adapter and irritate it ?

Bekrah

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
I have a Zagg screen protector and have used the Nuud under the water with no problems but I do have people say they cannot hear me so I open the battery door and it seems to fix it. Does anybody else pinkie rub against the headphone adapter and irritate it ?

Just shift your pinkie so that it doesn't rub up against the earphone plug.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro